Sir Schwartz's Unstoppable Pro Wrestling Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: Sir Schwartz's Unstoppable Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by The Bill »

kevin hash wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:13 pm Is Arn's show still sounding like he's calling in from a state penitentiary?
No, as I said he’s been more “wacky” and argumentative lately. Here’s hoping he’s off the wagon again.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

They’ve..

...they’ve given the guy choo-choo train sound effects during the match.

I don’t really watch WWE anymore but this shit is going to retroactively make me a laughing stock for ever having anything to do with pro-wrestling.

riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I listen to 83 Weeks and Grilling JR every week. I don’t like Conrad but he works well with Eric and he’s more respectful of JR. I don’t really like WHW, too off the rails for me. I used to love Something to Wrestle but Prichard being back in WWE has made it unlistenable and he’s basically telling the same stories over and over at this point.

Cornette rules, best podcasts out there. His continuing flabbergast at the wrestling product of today is everything I need.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Bischoff absolutely shitting on Dave Meltzer never gets old. I love Eric more and more the more I listen to his podcast.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

riley-o wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:21 am I listen to 83 Weeks and Grilling JR every week. I don’t like Conrad but he works well with Eric and he’s more respectful of JR. I don’t really like WHW, too off the rails for me. I used to love Something to Wrestle but Prichard being back in WWE has made it unlistenable and he’s basically telling the same stories over and over at this point.
Conrad is a bit problematic. He’s a necessary evil because without him, no podcasts. Yet, you can tell over the years his fat-ass ego has grown. He thinks he’s way more important than he really is with Eric and Bruce. He downright acts like he is Tony’s co-star. From time to time chubs tries things with Arn, but Arn will snarl and Conrad backs off and kisses ass. He’s mostly respectful of JR, but will back talk about him on Tony or Bruce’s show. Thus far, he seems almost afraid of Kurt Angle. Guess tubs knows not to fuck around there. He’s also all over the place now, AEW, Darkside of the Ring, other people’s podcasts. Turkey tits needs to wind it back some. His over saturation of appearances and attitude is going to sink his own fleet. Also:

godofdeadlydeath

Jericho made fun of Conrad on his recent Dynamite appearance, I think he literally called him "Turkey Tits" or something like that and it was very funny. Conrad is a fucking hack shill conman piece of garbage but I'm glad he gives Bischoff and JR a platform. I like Tony but I can't stand WHW any more because those two think they're as funny for their audience as they are for each other, and they're most certainly not. I only listen to the Ask Arn Anything episodes of Arn because otherwise if it's about WCW he doesn't remember enough and if it's WWE he just talks about how they did everything wrong and misused all of the talent and he sounds really jaded and bored. Haven't checked out the Angle one yet. Can you imagine if Taker hadn't re-signed with WWE in 2019 and had gone forward with the plans for the Dead Man Talking podcast with Conrad? That would've been hilarious and awkward.

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:16 am Jericho made fun of Conrad on his recent Dynamite appearance, I think he literally called him "Turkey Tits" or something like that and it was very funny. Conrad is a fucking hack shill conman piece of garbage but I'm glad he gives Bischoff and JR a platform. I like Tony but I can't stand WHW any more because those two think they're as funny for their audience as they are for each other, and they're most certainly not. I only listen to the Ask Arn Anything episodes of Arn because otherwise if it's about WCW he doesn't remember enough and if it's WWE he just talks about how they did everything wrong and misused all of the talent and he sounds really jaded and bored. Haven't checked out the Angle one yet. Can you imagine if Taker hadn't re-signed with WWE in 2019 and had gone forward with the plans for the Dead Man Talking podcast with Conrad? That would've been hilarious and awkward.
I don’t know I’d call the man a piece of garbage, but I do think he’s a nonstop salesman and a bit of a bully because he does have money and now power. Fuck, he married Ric Flair’s daughter. I can’t imagine what a tedious father and boss he is. Everything being a deal or a very loud brow beating. He’s obviously a workaholic and with his obese body, I can’t see a long life for him. Still, he does come prepared to the pod casts and the wrestlers seem to like him as a person. I don’t know. As a friend he probably insults you constantly yet always pays for everything and gets you a car for Christmas.

As for Kurt Angle. He is such a wonderful listen. Complete deadpan and dry, but funny. Also very humble but he knows he could have destroyed anyone in the ring in real life. His character was really just a more whiny extension of himself in many ways.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

And since we’re all talking about Jim Cornette, can anyone else testify to a lawsuit against him. For introducing us to fucking Danhasen. I also, never want to watch him fight, but his Ed Grimley/Pee Wee Herman meets Ed Wood rational is god send.
kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Post by kevin hash »

The Bill wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:55 am They’ve..

...they’ve given the guy choo-choo train sound effects during the match.

I don’t really watch WWE anymore but this shit is going to retroactively make me a laughing stock for ever having anything to do with pro-wrestling.

That shit is so fucking bad.

Thunderdome...get fuckin real. Piped in crowd noise. So embarrassing.

Strowman is not a star not even close. In the 80s he would have been The Warlord or some other roided up monster heel for hogan to smash.

Then there's shane mcmahon.....who gives a shit.

Strowman challenging him to a match at WRESTLE-MANIA.....like thats some sort of marquee match.

I fucking hate wrestling because of shit like this. Fuck WWE right up its ass.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

riley-o wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:21 am I listen to 83 Weeks and Grilling JR every week. I don’t like Conrad but he works well with Eric and he’s more respectful of JR. I don’t really like WHW, too off the rails for me. I used to love Something to Wrestle but Prichard being back in WWE has made it unlistenable and he’s basically telling the same stories over and over at this point.

Cornette rules, best podcasts out there. His continuing flabbergast at the wrestling product of today is everything I need.
Cornette is never ending fun. His hatred of modern wrestling is so much better than the actual product.

I like Conrad but he needs to slow the fuck down. I say ditch the Pritchard show. He's done all he can do there. Same with WHW (those early episodes i still go back to though).

He needs to only be doing 2 maybe three podcasts tops.

No one beats Corny though.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

If he was packaged right as in.....let him come up with his own gimmick and verbiage......Elias would be a star.

All of WWE's one name wrestlers.....stupid.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

kevin hash wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:01 pm If he was packaged right as in.....let him come up with his own gimmick and verbiage......Elias would be a star.

All of WWE's one name wrestlers.....stupid.
Same with fucking Enzo Amore. Little twirp, not a good in ring fling and fly faggot, but great story teller. His promos would be out selling any else’s t-shirts to this day.
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

I always thought he would have been a great manager....in the style of a captain Lou Albano or Grand Wizard.

Maybe have in manage a small stable of heels.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

godofdeadlydeath

I don't mind the Thunderdome. The fake cheers in the Thunderdome sound more authentic than 90% of the taped Smackdown's crowd noise before they went live exclusively in 2016. I don't give a fuck about Strowman vs. Shane but the rest of the Mania card is pretty decent. WWE is always gonna be kid-friendly mass marketed entertainment type shtick, I don't watch it expecting 1994 AJPW. I know what I'm gonna get with WWE and I'd say that this current run since SummerSlam has been more enjoyable than most of what they've done the last 2-3 years. I grew up watching WWE and it's always been a mix of dumb ridiculous pandering shit and the occasional compelling storyline and great match. Fine by me. I still prefer it 9/10 times over AEW.

kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

I just don't watch any of it. Wrestling sucks.

I'll stick to watching the old shit.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:49 am but the rest of the Mania card is pretty decent.
:shock: :lol:
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

If I'm not watching old NWA, AWA, World Class, Georgia, or Continental I just watch MMA.

wrestling has been turned into a cesspool. There are no legit stars anymore, no marquee matches, no compelling action just a bunch of dudes who all look the same and do the same stupid flips.

When moves like the DDT mean nothing....its over.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

The Bill wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:41 pm And since we’re all talking about Jim Cornette, can anyone else testify to a lawsuit against him. For introducing us to fucking Danhasen. I also, never want to watch him fight, but his Ed Grimley/Pee Wee Herman meets Ed Wood rational is god send.
Danhasen is my favorite wrestler today because of his cameos on Jim Cornettes podcast.

The explanation of why he uses teeth as a foreign object is so fucking hilarious to me, but the execution is kind of terrible because his opponent has to keep his mouth open to receive them

skip to 12:10

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

zombiehead wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:45 pm
The Bill wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:41 pm And since we’re all talking about Jim Cornette, can anyone else testify to a lawsuit against him. For introducing us to fucking Danhasen. I also, never want to watch him fight, but his Ed Grimley/Pee Wee Herman meets Ed Wood rational is god send.
Danhasen is my favorite wrestler today because of his cameos on Jim Cornettes podcast.

The explanation of why he uses teeth as a foreign object is so fucking hilarious to me, but the execution is kind of terrible because his opponent has to keep his mouth open to receive them

skip to 12:10

What the fu.... listen, man. I know you meant well with that clip, but please never post anything with that embarrassment Marco Stunt again. Unless, it’s footage of him breaking his neck for real, of course.
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

Marko Stunt probably has a cute lil peepee.

Pee9.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Marco Stunt looks like a midget that had his limbs stretched.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

Goddamn....what a fag.

Wasn't this idiot the talk of the underground a few years ago?

Wrestling is fucking dead.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

I just found out that wrestlemania is this weekend.

This is how far wrestling has sunk. There is zero buzz around the biggest show of the year.

Remember when mania coming around the corner there was an anticipation surrounding it. Speculation. Predictions. Now no one gives a shit.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE