The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:Quiet is such a stupid and ridiculous character. :lol: :fp: Cool encounter and how I stumbled into it.
I've leveled her up enough that she has a silenced rifle and I can tell her to fire at will

and holy shit she'll just obliterate an entire base full of people like it's nothing
Gameplay wise I can't wait to use her. DHorse is awesome because he poops on command but I need some back up out there.

Let's be honest guys, David Hayter always sucked, too. He's the original Bale Batman fake gravelly voice. It is weird Jack Bauer is mostly heard on the tapes. I wonder if the story wnment through some massive overhaul and they couldn't get him back.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

DDog is super useful - I enjoyed using him a lot plus he had an eyepatch
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

doomeddisciple wrote:Quiet is everything that's creepy about Japanese nerds dealing with hot womens.
Well not everything, she doesn't look 13. At least kojima MOSTLY only gets pervy with adult-looking women, except for Paz.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:David Hayter always sucked, too
100% true - he only got a free pass because he was already Snake's voice when all voice acting in games was as shitty as his. But it just really, really throws me to hear someone else's voice coming out of Snake's mouth, and it's even worse when he's talking off camera (which is 99% of the time) and it always takes me a minute to remember that's supposed to be Snake. It's all wrong. Hayter's been Snake in seven games.
I wonder if the story wnment through some massive overhaul and they couldn't get him back.
I seem to recall Hayter saying in interviews that he was never contacted about the game. My guess is this is some weird decision that Kojima made all by himself and just wouldn't budge on.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote: I thought the POINT was that Hayter sucked though. He sounded ridiculous. And his parroting back every word in that dumb faux-tough guy voice added to the overall ridiculousness of Metal Gear. I miss that.
I'm pretty sure Kojima takes that aspect of the games 100% seriously and is convinced it's a really clever way to convey vital information to the player. I did totally laugh when the first thing Snake Bauer said was "...Afghanistan?" and it would be nice to believe that it was an intentional joke, but I seriously doubt it. Not that Kojima has no self awareness at all, but it's rather... selective.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

You have a point, sir. You have a point.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

pillars of eternity 1pm: Ive played too many games like this, not really too interested but Ill give it a bit more time

pillars of eternity, 11:45pm: maybe I wont go to work tomorrow...

Also got a good chuckle near the begining of game, i go into the first house, see a few chests, save and go loot them to see if there is theft detection or reputation loss, nothing happens. "oh ok its final fantasy free-for-all looting." Loot the next house THEFT DETECTED had to murder a lesbian couple.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

your true intentions emerge, white knight.
p4vl
Cause Of Death

Post by p4vl »

Pisscubes wrote:Didn't Metal Gear 3 show Ocelot was a Russian? Why does he have an American southern accent throughout all of the games, goddman it?
Wasn't he KGB? I'd imagine KGB agents are trained to pull off a variety of accents/dialects. He'd especially want to sound American when fighting an American spy in the 60's in fucking Russia, apparently.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is stealing my soul. Whenever I play a game with different classes, I usually start by playing warrior, rogue, and finally mage. The knight enchanter class (black chick companion) is so stupidly overpowered that I enjoy the warrior and rogue classes less.

I have to say, you really can't fuck with Red Dead Redemption/Undead Nightmare.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Strange business. Yesterday was the kids' first day back to school. My daughter (entering kindergarten) only had half a day, so I took off from work. I drop them off, and decide to take a nap, before I had to head back out to get her. Wake up from the nap with a gut wrenching feeling that I need to play the Mad Max game, and that I need to play the PC version. ??? I don't know if I had a dream, or schizophrenia, or what the funk, yo. So, with little time to spare before heading out the door I just bought and started downloading the Steam version EVEN THOUGH I OWN THE PS4 VERSION. Get back from teacher orientation and the game is downloaded. I'm now thinking what the hell did I do that for. Research the internet and see that it has a few decent SweetFX presets. Load it up, and WOW, those screen shot comparisons between console and PC don't take into account all the extra dust and dirt, and environmental bells & whistles that Ultra (Extra?) High settings deliver. Throw on the SweetFX and that game is 58% better looking. It also helps because it pops yellow a bit more and climbable objects have yellow paint around them. So, this is all well, and good, but graphics don't really change the issue I had with my first play through. So, I pondered greatly and vastly for a handful of microseconds and decided to try a trainer. I'm not doing all this scavenging bullshit the PS4 version was making me do, but with bonus chunks of material (money) upgrading things (that need to be unlocked regardless) became a more streamlined and faster affair. This I liked. I'm not one for cheating, and a trainer is just as low down as a GameShark/Game Genie is, but a major grievance was just eliminated from a game I wanted to like. I didn't plan on touching the other trainer options, but for one silly moment I turned on infinite ammo...

..and just like that the game turned hella awesome and hella fun. Max's reload is so slow that I can't just run around shooting up the join, and pre-cheat ammo capacity was so low that I almost never remember to use it. This is just fucking fun. Shooting at cars is the best. The Harpoon was fun, but this rules.

Mad Max is essentially a movie tie in, I don't care what anyone says. Movie tie ins that aren't the usual abominations should be a 5 or 6 out of 10 maximum. Mad Max developers over achieved, kind of like Chronicles of Riddick, and turned itself into a 7 or an 8 out of 10. Unfortunately, I think the developers saw this then they got full of themselves and Max became bloated and padded like it was the next GTA, and in an attempt to achieve stardom, blows out it's knees and falls back down into a 6 or 7 out of 10. The Bill's Mad Max: Ammo & Cash Road Fuck You Edition is a 9 out of 10.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

whatever, I'm using cheat engine to give myself a bunch of GMP in mgsv, i don't give a fuck
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:lol: They might ban you from online!

Told ya Bill. Mad Max rules. It's bland in side missions but makes up for it with the atmosphere, some beautiful scenery and awesome car combat.

Destiny 2.0 patch dropped and expansion next week so Mad Max and MGSV are getting put to the side for a bit. Can't wait for the new raid. :mastoman:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote::lol: They might ban you from online!
Does the PC version actually fucking stay online? All I get on PS4 is that I have to click past the same 2345345 notifications everytime, then shit takes forever to load for a while, then I get a message telling me I'm off the server, and then the game runs better.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote::lol: They might ban you from online!
Does the PC version actually fucking stay online? All I get on PS4 is that I have to click past the same 2345345 notifications everytime, then shit takes forever to load for a while, then I get a message telling me I'm off the server, and then the game runs better.
I started it up just to see if I could crank the graphics to maximum like Ground Zero. It then started cut scene stuff so I force quit, so I don't know about graphics. Yet, first thing it did was ask me to accept an agreement which I refused so, yes, like Dark Souls, you get asked right away about online.

Today I'm going to finish off ME2 proper, then I'll finish Ground Zero. If time permits, which it should, more Max.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I usually lose connection after an hour or two. Not like I'm missing out on anything.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I'm not going to lie. This trainer nonsense has me thinking of using them in other games in order to avoid other time wasting and money hunting nonsense. Mostly grind work, mind you.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Bill wrote:I'm not going to lie. This trainer nonsense has me thinking of using them in other games in order to avoid other time wasting and money hunting nonsense. Mostly grind work, mind you.
Fucked around and found a working trainer for Dark Souls. haHaHAHA!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Bill wrote:
The Bill wrote:I'm not going to lie. This trainer nonsense has me thinking of using them in other games in order to avoid other time wasting and money hunting nonsense. Mostly grind work, mind you.
Fucked around and found a working trainer for Dark Souls. haHaHAHA!
Mixing different kinds of beer turned me a little psycho, but mission completed.

ME2 finished. I actually had an urge to start up 3, but no. Let's take a break.

Ground Zero finished. I should have played this long ago, then I might have tried all the bonus missions that unlocked. As is, I'd rather just get to Phantom Pain already.

Mad Max. Cleared out a lot of stuff, but these maps are huge. There is much redundancy. Maybe not a 9 after all. Fighting a convoy in the middle of a lightning storm was bad ass though. What's with the blue face grease paint, a Braveheart reference?

I used a trainer to give me a few souls in Dark Souls so I can avoid some grinding. I leveled up to 4.... hundred. I still died.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Drive Club looks really nice, but unfortunately it's made me nose around a bit and find out that the Driving Force GT still isn't working with the PS4. Because I really need a second baming wheel clogging up my place. Grumblegrumble.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Super Mario Maker = GOTY
ImageImageImage
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

quest of dungeons is my get-home-put-on-dont-think game lately. i know i should move up to binding of isaac or something, my battlefield game is so off i cant even look in the mirror.

quest of dungeons is almost like a mental secratary or something. leaving the radio on like a baby sitter
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

spacehamster wrote:Drive Club looks really nice, but unfortunately it's made me nose around a bit and find out that the Driving Force GT still isn't working with the PS4. Because I really need a second baming wheel clogging up my place. Grumblegrumble.
Two days later, and all I'm playing is Drive Club. I should be playing MGSV. I should be wrapping up the platinum in Bloodborne. I should be getting my shit in order for the Witcher 3 expansions. But I can never resist the cheap, easy fix of racing games, it seems, even though I suck at them. It's like I'm procrastinating my procrastination.

Also, the game is real pretty and everything goes vroom so nice.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

THE TAKEN KING IS FORTY DOLLARS :lol:

FOUR ZERO
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

milkmandan wrote:Super Mario Maker = GOTY
From what I've watched so far, it looks fucking fun as hell.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

FVBTVS wrote:THE TAKEN KING IS FORTY DOLLARS :lol:

FOUR ZERO
Totally worth it so far. It seems like they finally released the game that they should have. Lt. Daniels barking in your ear is awesome. If the raid is even half as good as the Vault of Glass, I would have paid $60.