The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote:xbone controller > every controller
I was thinking of getting that X1 Elite Controller for my PC.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i'm getting one because i am a gay man
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Glad you're happy.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

FVBTVS wrote:xbone controller > every controller
Agreed. The sticks on the PS4 controller fucking blow and don't last. :tdown: The left stick on one of my contrllers doesn't lete sprint in games anymore. Garbage quality.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The audio quality that comes through headphones if you plug it directly into the controllers is better on the Xbox One as well. Anyone know if the headphone jack works with PCs? I'm assume it won't work, but it would be nice to do away with a cord reaching across the room.

Wait. I'm see reports that the PC wireless adapter is Win 10 only. I'm not ready to update my mean machine just yet.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

The controller could come with a fleshlight attachment and give foot rubs while you play, but I'm not spending 500 bucks for a system to play Halo on as the only exclusive worth getting excited about.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

doomeddisciple wrote:I'm not spending 500 bucks for a system to play Halo on as the only exclusive worth getting excited about.
Yeah, it's really kind of weird how the thing's been out for months and there still isn't any good reason to buy it. As for the controller, I've a) not had any of these quality/durability issues with the PS4 controller, b) I was never a fan of the 360 one and c) I'm staying on Windows 7 as long as I can. I'd like to try it and I'm sure I eventually will because Microsoft is going to find a way to force me to switch to Windows 10, but right now... nah, I'm good.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

It's a lovely machine, but I own exactly three new XBOX One titles for it, everything else is a title that was originally XBOX or 360 or N64 and so on. In fact, one of those titles (Ryse) isn't even exclusive any more. The other (Sunset Overdrive) I fucking hate and keep meaning to give it to my friend's kids. I got it as a birthday/Xmas gift, so I'm not complaining, but it really is just a Halo machine, that takes up way too much space. In a few weeks I get Tomb Raider for it, I think Microsoft has a timed exclusive for it for a year's time. There's some more exclusives coming but as of right now I'd say the PS4 just crushes it. And if you have a decent PC, I'd say skip both and get a Wii U instead.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Bought a ton of stuff from Steam, it's the Halloween sale. All kinds of stuff, like RPG's, survival, crafting, Resident Evil 6... I don't play any of these kinds of games.

What am I doing?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i feel you. i bought slenderman yesterday for 4.99 and i didn't even let it finish downloading. just want to know its there..

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

After Fallout 4 & Tomb Raider I need to start alternating between new fancy games and old/indie Steam games. It will be a Contest of CHAMPIONS!!!!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

and now i just bought outlast plus some dlc for 14.99

two horror survival type games i will probably never play in my life..

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I actually played Outlast for a bit, and I don't do horror games usually. Eventually I decided it was just Running Away Simulator 2000, but it was fun for the two or so hours before I remembered I don't like this kind of game.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

That's my thing with those games. You can't fight back. I don't want to be a victim. It might give me the scares a few times, but usually I'll just become annoyed.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

In other news, apparently Vermintide is Left 4 Dead with loot and Warhammer universe rat monsters. If anybody's up for it I'm game for rolling some coop on that shit. The $30 new certainly doesn't hurt either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr3arT8 ... e=youtu.be
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Done with Until Dawn... in total, did 2.5 playthroughs (normal, killed everyone, and made everyone survive). for this style of game, which I know a lot of people really hate, I thought it handled split-second decision-making better than Telltale stuff, Heavy Rain, and probably every example I can think of. I feel like there are more game-changing moments in UD than any other cinematic choice-based game I've played. A lot of the main narrative does stay the same regardless, unfortunately, but the butterfly updates are cool in that they instantly let you know you've done something that's going to affect, at the very least, the way people interact with each other. I noticed some subtle but cool differences, like one character shoving another one out of her way based on an argument a little earlier in the game. Tons of jump scares, but the game was creepy enough and the voice acting generally solid.

also for trophy hunting fools like myself, the platinum is super easy.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Mad Max about half way in I guess - I've done a near obsessive compulsive amount of driving around looting in the first three territories clearing loot and scrap scavenging.

Bosses are kinda all the same, convoys battles the same but scaling up on how many vehicles defending them - It kinda feels like a more compelling version of an Assassin's Creed game where you do the first couple of levels and it's basically the same throughout minus the stupid office simulator bits that ruin those games.

I am enjoying it though, not being a car racing game fan at all - more than I expected. Shaping up a sold respectable 7/10 to date. The story is blah blah blah drive and kill and collect - I don't even care.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I used to be able to booze and bame with no problem for several hours. I've noticed since August that I don't have the endurance for both anymore. I get distracted, or bored, or feed up with games pretty easy. I'm pretty sure it's not any game's fault. Friggin' inebriated ants in the pants.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Guys?

I... I played the first hour and a half of Leon's mission in... in... Resident Evil 6.

I'm more beast than man. Someone help me. :'(
I bought that (and 5) for the PC last week during a sale. Can't wait to use a trainer so I don't have to do stuff. What stuff? No idea yet.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Oh, I'm pretty sure I have RE6, I've just never played it.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Halo 5 beaten. Any nitpick I have, I previously addressed. It really is Halo 2 all over again. I'm sure once Halo 6 comes, it will all seem better. Middle chapter first world problems. And it must have done something right, because I immediately threw in the Master Chief collection and decided to continue my play through of Halo 1 which I started some months ago.

Halo 1 Anniversary beaten. I'm a little embarrassed to admit, but this is the first time I beat the game. Back in the old days of the original XBOX I could not beat the final timed Warthog escape at the very end of the game. Try as I might, I could not do it. It gave me anxiety when I reached that part yesterday. This time though, I beat it in one try. Don't ask me why now and not then. While I ragged on Halo 5 some, Halo 5 does not have the redundant hallways and does not have the never ending FLOOD. Shit made me miserable. The Flood are the exact kind of enemy that a lot of levels in Painkiller had. A massive amount of bullet sponge enemies just charging at you, some of which fire weapons. Some of which have fucking rocket launchers. Serious Sam uses nice open spaces to complement such a bum rush. Painkiller and Halo do not. So, yeah, despite somewhat better vehicle sections, I have to say 5 is better than 1.

I've abandoned using that AmpPro thing for a while for getting stereo headset sound from the consoles. Wires everywhere, and when I played I never really noticed anything profound, unless I stood still. I've found that plugging my fancy cans into the XBOX1 controller, and the PC are perfectly suitable. The PC has a built in 3D sound thing anyway. The PS4 is the problem. Audio straight out of the controller tends to be too low, and not as full ranged as the XBOX. So, I dusted off, and re-plugged in the Sony Golds. Why did I listen to dumb-ass audiophiles? The things are great and have a better surround dynamic range than the AmpPro. I think that bass can be an issue, but I can tweak the Headset Companion App now to bump it up. Plus the preset settings for some of those games make a world of difference. I also just found out I can use the Golds with the PS3. Very nice, I do mean to go back and play a few games on that bad boy one day.

Question for any one that still use the Sony Golds/Headset Companion App. What settings do you prefer for games that aren't listed? Like say Diablo 3.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

ALL the bosses in Mad Max are the same. The only difference is that some of them have fire. All the looting is the same. The gameplay is fairly repetitive and there's not much pay out when it's all said and done, but it definitely scratches an itch.
doomeddisciple wrote:Mad Max about half way in I guess - I've done a near obsessive compulsive amount of driving around looting in the first three territories clearing loot and scrap scavenging.

Bosses are kinda all the same, convoys battles the same but scaling up on how many vehicles defending them - It kinda feels like a more compelling version of an Assassin's Creed game where you do the first couple of levels and it's basically the same throughout minus the stupid office simulator bits that ruin those games.

I am enjoying it though, not being a car racing game fan at all - more than I expected. Shaping up a sold respectable 7/10 to date. The story is blah blah blah drive and kill and collect - I don't even care.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I hear...

Um..

I hear that the new COD single player is awesome. I hear it's not 5 hours shorts like the others. I hear you can unlock something called nightmares which replaces soldiers with zombies so it's not like the old defense game (although it has that as well). I hear that I'm probably getting this now because I have no self restraint when it comes to games & I'm psycho.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

Pisscubes wrote:Guys?

I... I played the first hour and a half of Leon's mission in... in... Resident Evil 6.

I'm more beast than man. Someone help me. :'(

leave your re6 guilt at home because i actually pre ordered the cod game 3 months ago. and im going to pick it up at 9 tonight.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

RY4N wrote:leave your re6 guilt at home
No.

Embrace your RE6 guilt. Bathe in it. Wear it like a shroud. Tattoo it into your flesh. It's everything you are.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES