bike thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

bike thread

Post by hipster holocaust »

alright you motherfuckers i know there's been about 45 threads about your meager little two wheelers but this one puts them all to shame. enough fucking around.

french single speed from the 70s! the crusty owner girl at the shop down the street from me totally wants my shit!

i guess you can post yours if you want to but i doubt i'll be very impressed
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Re: bike thread

Post by Necrometer »

I will never strive to have a >$200(used) bike because in less than two years I lost two... TWO bikes due to forgetting to lock them up. But yeah, I love bikes, bikes rule, etc.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

that sucks. as absent minded as i am, i expect something like that happening to me this summer...yeesh
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

hipster holocaust wrote:that sucks. as absent minded as i am, i expect something like that happening to me this summer...yeesh
It's so fucking stupid... I was so mad/embarassed about that for months after it happened the second time. Stupid daily routine...
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

MY BIIIKE!
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

What kind of lock do you brohammer's use? I have an insanely heavy, paranoid, and deadly lock:

Waiting for the day that a driver starts an argument while I'm commuting.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Parachute

Post by Parachute »

I want to get a road bike of some kind. Since my brain cannot comprehend anything mechanical, I would like something as simple as possible. (Fixed gear/single speed?). I basically just want to use it for commuting to work and back (5 miles, 35mph speed limit) How much should I plan to spend if I'm looking at used bikes?
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Hipster thread: Post your Fixies
ImageImageImage
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

i'm an adult. i drive a car.

actually, if there was any way for me to ride a bike to and from work i would. 30 miles to work every morning is not an option.
i like to dissect women
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Parachute wrote:I want to get a road bike of some kind. Since my brain cannot comprehend anything mechanical, I would like something as simple as possible. (Fixed gear/single speed?). I basically just want to use it for commuting to work and back (5 miles, 35mph speed limit) How much should I plan to spend if I'm looking at used bikes?
Craigslist it, and get a bike shop to overhaul it. U SAVE.
Parachute

Post by Parachute »

Geeheeb wrote:
Parachute wrote:I want to get a road bike of some kind. Since my brain cannot comprehend anything mechanical, I would like something as simple as possible. (Fixed gear/single speed?). I basically just want to use it for commuting to work and back (5 miles, 35mph speed limit) How much should I plan to spend if I'm looking at used bikes?
Craigslist it, and get a bike shop to overhaul it. U SAVE.
EXPLAIN DIS!

Meaning, when they overhaul it, are you talking about a shop converting it from multi-speed to single-speed? Or are you talking about getting a cheap single-speed bike and having them work on it? BIKE SRSNESS
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Chute, no matter what you do, DO buy a used bike. The two or four hundred bucks you drop will go SO much further that way. Try lots to make sure you find one that feels right. There is SUCH variety of design that you don't realize until you sit on a few. Have you ever ridden a fixie? Seriously don't fuck with that if you just want to get somewhere. Comedy bikes.
The Pope of Chili Town
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by The Pope of Chili Town »

Necrometer wrote:Chute, no matter what you do, DO buy a used bike. The two or four hundred bucks you drop will go SO much further that way. Try lots to make sure you find one that feels right. There is SUCH variety of design that you don't realize until you sit on a few. Have you ever ridden a fixie? Seriously don't fuck with that if you just want to get somewhere. Comedy bikes.
here we go again
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Hey I wasn't offering lock advice!

I have no idea why a guy would want to ride in traffic on a bike with no brakes and no ability to stop leg movement... and with one gear...
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Parachute wrote:EXPLAIN DIS!

Meaning, when they overhaul it, are you talking about a shop converting it from multi-speed to single-speed? Or are you talking about getting a cheap single-speed bike and having them work on it? BIKE SRSNESS
Uhhhh...either? You can find a friend with some knowledge and tools, or call a bike shop and get a rough estimate of what it might cost to convert to a ss. Then find a frame you like and go for it! I love a single-speed, but don't really get down with fixed because of the hills and roads here.
The Pope of Chili Town
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by The Pope of Chili Town »

Necrometer wrote:Hey I wasn't offering lock advice!

I have no idea why a guy would want to ride in traffic on a bike with no brakes and no ability to stop leg movement... and with one gear...
you can have brakes on fixed gear bikes.

Most people with common sense use them
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

The Pope of Chili Town wrote:you can have a flywheel on single speed bikes.

Most people with common sense use them
progress?

just kidding :D
Trevor
Gear in the Machine

Post by Trevor »

thats the ride. me and johnny cruise red hook looking for sailors and delicious beer.
I use a kryptonite new york u lock and will be getting a cable or chain to run through my wheels and shit.
Trevor
Gear in the Machine

Post by Trevor »

yeah the whole culture that surrounds fixed gear riding gets worse everyday. thats a big reason i stay away from critical mass rides in nyc. that and the stormtrooper crackdowns.
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

The last bike I rode was a DK Six Pack during my BMX days. My shit was pimped...too bad all I could ever do was double-peg stuff...
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Trevor wrote: thats the ride. me and johnny cruise red hook looking for sailors and delicious beer.
and how!

so yeah, i got mine off craigslist for 240 and threw another hundred into it between the U lock, lights, new brakes, and readjustment stuff. sooooo worth it. ask around and go to a shop that most recommend obviously, then ask whoever works there what they recommend and decide for yourself. a good bike in the city is almost a necessity (i'm a 10 minute walk from the subway and a 30 minute hike from the closest bar)
riley
RILEY: PERPETUAL N00b

Post by riley »

doad's random capitalization is in rare form in this thread
flickr :: last.fm :: recordnerd
EBA:2a03.exe wrote:Everything about her is just insane and otherworldly and sad in a I-can't-wait-to-shove-my-cock-in-your-tragedy kind of way.
Goatus
Goatus

Post by Goatus »

Doad is an awesome dude in general but he just wouldn't be the same without it. I for One Welcome our randOm capitalization over. Lords.
god isn't interested in technology. he cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time forty-three species of parrots nipples for men
riley
RILEY: PERPETUAL N00b

Post by riley »

i am certainly not hatin on my bro
flickr :: last.fm :: recordnerd
EBA:2a03.exe wrote:Everything about her is just insane and otherworldly and sad in a I-can't-wait-to-shove-my-cock-in-your-tragedy kind of way.
Parachute

Post by Parachute »

It's really weird when he does it during an actual Conversation.