Breaking Bad on AMC

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?

Breaking Bad on AMC

Post by Stormy »

Anyone else watch this? I think this is easily the best drama series since the early days of Sopranos and Oz. Who knew AMC's original programming would put current HBO and SHO to shame?

In case anyone interested in checking it out, here's the premise:
A physics teacher, with a wife and handicapped kid, finds out he has cancer and most likely 6-8 months to live. He decides to hook up with a druggie ex student and go into business cooking and selling meth to make cash for his treatments, and his family. Since he's an expert physisist, his meth is super pure, and he becomes an underground phenomenon in the drug world. His brother in law works Narcotics, and is on his trail. It goes from there.

Super addictive show. Me and the wife stayed up til like 5am the other night watching episode after episode that we had taped. I think it's still in the second season now. Check it out.

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Breaking Bad on AMC

Post by Wang Mandu »

Stormy wrote:Anyone else watch this? I think this is easily the best drama series since the early days of Sopranos and Oz.
Sopranos and Oz aren't even in the same stratosphere as The Wire. Heard good things about Breaking Bad but never checked it out. Will do.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

I've been meaning to watch it from the beginning, but the first episode I've ever caught was the new one on monday night. Naturally i was a little in the dark but i can't wait to get going from the beginning.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

it's not even fair to compare shows to the wire. that shit was an event, a happening.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Wolfey
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by Wolfey »

Missed the season premiere, so I haven't watched it because of that. Loved the first season, so I'm definitely gonna check this one out eventually. Cranston rules.
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Stormy »

I haven't watched The Wire past the first season, so i can't put it up against that show. It really is the most engaging show i've seen in very long time though. On par with Sopranos/Oz, better than Dexter/anything else current.
Jack Mort
O.G-Had

Post by Jack Mort »

Great show, will be interesting to see how the season finale. Bob Odenkirk has killed these past few episodes.
T3HGCKa

http://www.last.fm/user/NxTx
soiled depends wrote:her mom sounds like miss piggy choking on a huge juicy cock...
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Stormy »

Jack Mort wrote:Great show, will be interesting to see how the season finale. Bob Odenkirk has killed these past few episodes.
I didn't realize Bob Odenkirk makes an appearance, i'm about halfway though season 2. Unless you're talking about writing?
Jack Mort
O.G-Had

Post by Jack Mort »

Oops, well he has a minor role.
T3HGCKa

http://www.last.fm/user/NxTx
soiled depends wrote:her mom sounds like miss piggy choking on a huge juicy cock...
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

I really like it. I started watching it soon after finishing season 5 of the Wire, so it took an episode and a half for me to come down and enjoy it without comparing the two, which is a comparison no show can survive. Without Bryan Cranston doing the kickass job he's been doing, I think it would be only ok. The other characters are nowhere near as interesting and the actors don't really bring it in the same way Cranston does, but it's a good fucking show nonetheless.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Stormy »

altars of radness wrote:I really like it. I started watching it soon after finishing season 5 of the Wire, so it took an episode and a half for me to come down and enjoy it without comparing the two, which is a comparison no show can survive. Without Bryan Cranston doing the kickass job he's been doing, I think it would be only ok. The other characters are nowhere near as interesting and the actors don't really bring it in the same way Cranston does, but it's a good fucking show nonetheless.
I think the actors who portray Jessie Pinkman and the brother in law, Hank are excellent as well. The wife is annoying, but far from a bad actress. Cranston is great, but saying it would suck without him is a bit of a stretch. Really, the casting is perfect for this show, right down to Skinny Pete.
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

Stormy wrote:
altars of radness wrote:I really like it. I started watching it soon after finishing season 5 of the Wire, so it took an episode and a half for me to come down and enjoy it without comparing the two, which is a comparison no show can survive. Without Bryan Cranston doing the kickass job he's been doing, I think it would be only ok. The other characters are nowhere near as interesting and the actors don't really bring it in the same way Cranston does, but it's a good fucking show nonetheless.
I think the actors who portray Jessie Pinkman and the brother in law, Hank are excellent as well. The wife is annoying, but far from a bad actress. Cranston is great, but saying it would suck without him is a bit of a stretch. Really, the casting is perfect for this show, right down to Skinny Pete.
I didn't say it would suck without him. I said it would be only ok without him. I think they could have gotten a better brother-in-law, too.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Stormy wrote:Dexter
:?
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

I hate how they always make doofus drug selling mistakes that the kids on the Wire would never make. I like the show.
Image Certified Poster
Parachute

Post by Parachute »

Stormy wrote:
I love everything about this show, especially Hank. He definitely needs to be in more episodes.
Bored Sr.

Post by Bored Sr. »

I think it's kind of unfair to compare any other show with The Wire.
(totally insignificant) <--

"Endgame: underway." - Toilet Fleet

Parachute

Post by Parachute »

Streven Adler wrote:first episode was pretty good. i think i'll enjoy this.
:fonz:
It only gets better/funnier.
The Pope of Chili Town
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by The Pope of Chili Town »

far and away my favorite show in years and years

never got the appeal of the Wire.
Dr.Fondles
DO THE DEW!

Post by Dr.Fondles »

the introduction of Bob Odenkirk has been genius
Mordor was the case that they gave me..
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Comparing it to The Wire isn't fair, but otherwise its a really good show. I missed the last episode and need to go download it now.
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Stormy »

I need to start watching the Wire againpast season one. There's too much hype.

Oh, and i meant chemistry teacher in the first post, not physics.
T O))) M
Streetcleaner

Post by T O))) M »

I saw 1 and 1/2 episodes of Breaking Bad recently. Had no clue what was going on in the first I saw, which was the second half of an episode where Bryan Cranston and his meth buddy are in the desert with some crazy guy with a machine gun and an old man that rings a bell. The second time I saw a full episode where the guy who sells the meth for Bryan Cranston gets ripped off and goes to steal his shit back, but finds an empty house some junkies fucked up little kid, and when the junkies come home they try to pay him back with the money out of the ATM machine they stole but can't open. I really liked that episode and Bryan Cranston's wife is that hot chick that played Bullock's wife in Deadwood. I have no clue what order those episodes are in but they made me want to watch more.
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Stormy »

T O))) M wrote:I saw 1 and 1/2 episodes of Breaking Bad recently. Had no clue what was going on in the first I saw, which was the second half of an episode where Bryan Cranston and his meth buddy are in the desert with some crazy guy with a machine gun and an old man that rings a bell. The second time I saw a full episode where the guy who sells the meth for Bryan Cranston gets ripped off and goes to steal his shit back, but finds an empty house some junkies fucked up little kid, and when the junkies come home they try to pay him back with the money out of the ATM machine they stole but can't open. I really liked that episode and Bryan Cranston's wife is that hot chick that played Bullock's wife in Deadwood. I have no clue what order those episodes are in but they made me want to watch more.
The episode with the ATM is season 2, episode 3 or 4.
Bored Sr.

Post by Bored Sr. »

cibola wrote:Comparing it to The Wire isn't fair
Yes. This is the single greatest scene in the history of TV:

(totally insignificant) <--

"Endgame: underway." - Toilet Fleet

Stormy
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Stormy »

Bored Sr. wrote:
cibola wrote:Comparing it to The Wire isn't fair
Yes. This is the single greatest scene in the history of TV:

huh? did you post the wrong scene or something?