The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Re: The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Post by Whee of the Dead »

chrusti(ns)anity wrote:
Whee of the Dead wrote:Too many new characters killed the isolation and dread that the first episode set up perfectly. The fact so many people escaped the zombie infested city without one person getting killed kinda made the zombie threat miniscule. And the after school special "pull together" speech was ughhh.

I don't really like how the main guy can pull off a headshot every time he shoots, especially when he's running in terror.
maybe it's the same way dead people can come back to life.
I can swallow the fantastic element in entertainment, like zombies eating people, aliens taking over the world, etc. mainly if its the catalyst of events or the antagonist. But I don't like using it as an excuse for impausible stuff to happen everywhere. I know I'm critiquing a bit too much with stuff but if you're going to make a TV show based off a source of entertainment that already peaked 30 some years ago I think we can be a bit critical.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

SO GOOD
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

I've seen three episodes, including tonights'. I'm enjoying this.
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i would drink some macallan 18 with you and watch this show my friend
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

Yeah man! That would be good.

I like the fact that the zombies are presented as they are. Not too fast, not too slow. Just the right speed to make chase scenes interesting and tense. Plus they look good too.

The fuck scenes could be more explicit...and seeing those washtub ladies using their vibrators would have helped move the plot forward, I feel....
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i also think Ed could use some macallan 18 right now...
Last edited by guardianoftheblind on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

I've been reading the old issues and watching the show. Episode 2 dragged, but 3 was fucking outstanding.

The ending was perfect. I thought the acting and writing were really solid again. Especially at the end,
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
when shit went down at the quarry and Ed got his ass beat. Can't wait for the next episode because I think it'll make the city a bit more interesting.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

wouldn't it be a lot easier to saw through a little handcuff chain?
kale
mithrandir
It's my lucky day!

Post by mithrandir »

neckbeard wrote:wouldn't it be a lot easier to saw through a little handcuff chain?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
perhaps wasn't in his right mind..., perhaps in a desperate situation where he acted quickly, we'll eventually find out
---

and tonights episode of the Walking Dead was superb, and they had very little zombie scenes in this one, just goes to prove its not all just about the zombie action....
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

neckbeard wrote:wouldn't it be a lot easier to saw through a little handcuff chain?

Have you seen the end of Mad Max? (the first one)
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
It can still take a long time to work through that chain even with a hacksaw. He may have felt like the zombies were going to bust through at any moment even if it wasn't technically possible for them to do so.
blastocystosis
O.G. Interwebber

Post by blastocystosis »

Made up for last week's full on. Last week's episode dragged. This one was perfect. It did the same thing the first episode did right, take dialogue/plot devices from the books and expand on them and make them their own.

Spoilers for those who haven't read the books.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
This episode definitely cleared up the issues with the one night stand between Lori/Shane in the books. I knew they'd get it right but it was done so well. The writing on that was superb. One thing I do like as well is how they're showing Shane beginning the snap more explicit in the show. I honestly prefer it to how it happens in the book.
Mendicant
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Mendicant »

Earl is quite handy with a hacksaw
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:gong:
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR
Threads Endlessly Scrolled
Threads Endlessly Scrolled

Post by ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR »

easier to cut through that threaded rod. handcuffs are usually some sort of hardened metal.

but...he may have been a lil loopy due to the heat and stuff.
I AM AN INTELLECTUAL FUCKING COMBATANT OF GOD, I AM TOO TOUGH TO CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

caldwell.the.great wrote:but no other member here does exactly what ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR does, not even the other trolls.
p4vl
Cause Of Death

Post by p4vl »

I wonder how many seasons of this show they'll be able to pull off without deviating from the 'eternal bad news' theme of the comic. I had to stop reading it earlier this year because it just got oppressive, I doubt TV audiences could deal with it (although most great zombie movies are all about the Bad Endings).
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

have to agree with twaddletard: that threaded rod should have been easier to cut than his wrist.
...and he was on a roof; where could he go? I suspect he'll make an appearance very early on in the next episode...and have a zombie stump.

This season is halfway over already...
I'm really looking forward to how they interact w/ the gangs.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Post by bundlesofvitals »

not reading above until I watch last night's episode later!!

Just watched "Guts" last night...that was rough, especially compared to the awesome first episode. "How's the signal?" "It's weak...like Merle's brain". Oh come on now. Just seems like every character besides the main dude is super one-dimensional. Of course I'll keep watching, but I really rolled my eyes a lot during this one. They had to leave the black guy with the racist who just beat the crap out of him? And wow that black lady conveniently knew everything about sewer systems under buildings. It reminded me of the Chris Farley scene in Wayne's World...
ErikTeethoftheDivine
Khaooos and Kon-fus-ion

Post by ErikTeethoftheDivine »

anyone else notice the complete homage/ripoff from 28 Days later theme/music last night?
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

I also saw that it said "Only 3 more episodes left this season!".
I know the 2nd seasons is confirmed (and longer), but they better be working on that shit NOW. I don't want more bullshit like Lost where you watch a few episodes and then it's on a 3 month hiatus.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

They've been making it for a while.

I saw production shots of them in the snow a good 6 weeks before the premiere.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
mithrandir
It's my lucky day!

Post by mithrandir »

wtf, Seasons are now only 6 eps long these days?? they used to call those a Miniseries not too long ago, I assumed this was going to to at least 12+ episodes :?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

mithrandir wrote:wtf, Seasons are now only 6 eps long these days?? they used to call those a Miniseries not too long ago, I assumed this was going to to at least 12+ episodes :?
Because AMC wern't commiting to a zombie drama series til they saw it and more importantly saw how it rated.

I would watch it even if it was utterly terrible cause I like zombie stories. What I find interesting is my lady who dislikes zombie stories is keen as and was asking me last night if I had more for her to watch.

Production according to wiki isn't due to start til February so it will be a long wait I guess.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

I was actually thinking on the way home it would be at least 8 episodes. Shit.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

2nd season is a full 12 episodes.

I'm really curious to see how they wrap this one up though...not knowing what their future was...
doomeddisciple wrote:They've been making it for a while.

I saw production shots of them in the snow a good 6 weeks before the premiere.
fuck...
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

remind me to swallow a handcuff key...
kale