Music posts are a bannable offense.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Re: Scion Rock Fest 2012 - Tampa

Post by Geeheeb »

bored statistics:

time spent posting 1%
time thinking about but not following through on murder/suicide 99%
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Geeheeb wrote:I guess its crystal clear why corporate sponsorship is not welcome in DIY music and if I have to spend my time banging rocks together for you to explain why I don't want any part of it...well I think my time is better spent.
NEVER stop denigrating those cocksuckers.
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

TheDOAD wrote:If it doesn't hurt me or involve murder or killing or raping babies then By all means mens do you thing.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/1080618942/ ... hop-abuses
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

oh snap
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

A friend of mine was on tour and he showed up at the venue and was confused to see Scion logos everywhere.

I guess the promoter made it a Scion show w/o even asking the bands if that was cool...
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

ed they cut that part of the manufacturing off. my mom bought a prius in 2009 and had to wait 8 months to get after they paid and that is why because they didn't have the...labor pool anymore.

edit: mom bought a prius, not a scion.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

...correct way to deal with those cocksuckers.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Live at the Bumbershoot Festival, 2004

"In September of 2004, Sun City Girls were asked to play at the Experience Music Project in Seattle as part of the Bumbershoot Festival. Sub Pop had recently approached SCG for a possible "best of" record release. Audience members included Sub Pop executives, families with strollers, etc. For some reason, SCG were never invited back."
EDIT: Stoked asian child in front row at around 4:00
:awesome:
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

TheDOAD wrote:posted from a computer with parts made from where exactly?

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Yes I am aware that factory conditions around the world are horrible but clearly the products each and every one of us buy show that Clearly the line is bendable depending on the products individuals deem more necessary
computer purchased used, but that diverges from the point that you said "if its not killin babies", while its not killin babies its not at all sqeeky clean parroty fun either. corporate influence is a scab, scratch it it bleeds.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

Blair wrote:
...correct way to deal with those cocksuckers.
:invcross:
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

Wold is playing? Haha. That is going to be so disappointing for people who like them I'd almost go just to see the crowd shuffle silently out of the room at the end of their set.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

That sounds like Bastard Noise at Short Fast and Loud last year. You'd think a bunch of grind core and crust fans would know what Bastard Noise sounds like, but I think that might be the fastest I've seen a room empty. Eric Wood was bitching about the side door that kept opening, saying something about how it was affecting his self esteem.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
Mooretician
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Mooretician »

My hopes are high for Wold. I utterly adore them on record but I can see them going either way live. With this event being separated into multiple venues (BOOO) I'm assuming there's going be one specific to noise/weird shit so its not like Wold is going to be sandwiched between Sleep and Sick of It All or something.
copstache wrote:on a positive note, i hope if i get old and encrippled my nurses come and put on Judeobeast Assassin and watch my horrible atrophied limbs twitch in some mess of neurons flickering and dying
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

doubleblumpkin wrote:That sounds like Bastard Noise at Short Fast and Loud last year. You'd think a bunch of grind core and crust fans would know what Bastard Noise sounds like, but I think that might be the fastest I've seen a room empty. Eric Wood was bitching about the side door that kept opening, saying something about how it was affecting his self esteem.
Two separate occasions in the early 2000s I met kids with Dystopia patches that said something to the effect of "fuck this dumb metal bullshit" when they heard it on ye olde stereo.
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

Mooretician wrote:My hopes are high for Wold. I utterly adore them on record but I can see them going either way live. With this event being separated into multiple venues (BOOO) I'm assuming there's going be one specific to noise/weird shit so its not like Wold is going to be sandwiched between Sleep and Sick of It All or something.
It's not that, it's just that their records are all about noise and atmosphere, which I don't think you can replicate with a decent P.A. and a soundman who's not willing to get fired; unless they pump in a bunch of pre-recorded shit, which would be boring as hell. I think if you're in a situation where you strip away the sound of the cd's and are left with drums and whatever garbage instruments I assume they're using, there's not going to be much left to get excited about.

But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there are some seriously kick-ass riffs underneath all that static, but they're from Moose Jaw, so I highly fucking doubt it.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Post by From Blintzes to Crepes »

valgalder wrote:like blumpter has pointed out - the fact that they actually PAY bands, and do this sort of thing for free with absolutely no obligations to promote their products, get to keep the publishing rights to music they put out for free, and generally treat bands better than 90% of real promoters - I don't give a fuck. They're not going out of their way and being pushy into buying anything. So far the only person I knew that fell for their subliminal tricks is Leon FWIW.
When my girlfriend got her Scion, they called her to take a survey a couple days later. Within 5 questions they asked her "Do you listen to or like metal?"
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

From Blintzes to Crepes wrote:
valgalder wrote:like blumpter has pointed out - the fact that they actually PAY bands, and do this sort of thing for free with absolutely no obligations to promote their products, get to keep the publishing rights to music they put out for free, and generally treat bands better than 90% of real promoters - I don't give a fuck. They're not going out of their way and being pushy into buying anything. So far the only person I knew that fell for their subliminal tricks is Leon FWIW.
When my girlfriend got her Scion, they called her to take a survey a couple days later. Within 5 questions they asked her "Do you listen to or like metal?"
well, at least this was after the fact and that's understandable for market research I guess..
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by postaddiction »

eh_d wrote:
Geeheeb wrote:bored statistics:

time spent posting 1%
time thinking about but not following through on murder/suicide 99%
whoa bored is the cap'n :shock: :shock: :shock:
lol
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:lj:
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

The amount of hypocrisy showed by the anti-Scion people is staggering. If you don't want to support a corporation, don't leave the house. And unless you went out cut the wood to build your house yourself with tools you forged, you might as well burn the house down. It's easy for people in the 'scene' to be anti corporate with one specific thing, but how many people in that 'scene' take an anti corporate stance in every other aspect of their life? There is absolutely no one any of us know who doesn't do something to support a corporation every single day. If you don't want to support Scion then don't, but let the adults enjoy the FREE music because most of them couldn't care less about the 'scene.' You could also just not buy a Scion, or not pretend to be inconvenienced by their marketing.
Last edited by Cryptoplasty on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

:( decided not to go :( :(

take that, corporatist hegemony
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Cryptoplasty wrote:
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

I'm honestly offended by your actions.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

glad zerohero finally checked in

I'm happy that I am not allowed to have an opinion when my ability to PAY TO SEE A BAND I LIKE is revoked and the show is guaranteed to be flooded with dirtbags who are just there for a good time with any ol' music and hey - free car socks

I really should be more appreciative

nothing gets my DM boner harder than this bad ass cover art:

THANK YOU FOR SAVING THE UNDERGROUND, SCION
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Its not that you can't be offended because you're too callous or above it all and confident, you're just too fucking dumb crypto.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

the most stomach-churning element of these debates is how the payola apologists drop "FREE" as if it's some buck stops here element that renders all opposing arguments invalid

do you shitheads get excited by the junk mail that appears in your mailbox? FREE COUPONS HOLY FUCK
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

I think you're missing the point of why we're pointing out "Free" Ross...

The fact that it's a free show means that the attendees aren't handing their cash to a multi-national corporation. That's coupled with the fact that they're under no obligation to purchase anything from said corp. As a band getting paid to play, the deal is no different than Ryan/Evan paying us to play MDF. The only difference is that the promoters get paid from Scion rather than making money off ticket prices at the door...

Free junk mail is a broken comparison...
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".