The Erik13 weight loss thread.

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Re: The Erik13 weight loss thread.

Post by Raw Ting »

Rosary_Butt_Beads wrote:Erik could do a long slow ride, interval training, hill sprints, 1,000 burpees, Starting Strength linear progression, 5/3/1, laps in a pool AND Pilates in a tutu , but as long as the motherfucker is drinking several beers and eating shit quality food every day NOTHING is going to change, you fucking dolts. Now quit giving him your harebrained exercise advice.

What kind of programming are you doing nowadays, Ronald?
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Introvert wrote:Welp.....I didn't want to say anything just yet but Erik is going to make my good pal Riley's head explode and I don't want that. Although the following will probably make any of you who know me have exploded heads. I fully realize that I am 1000% unqualified to give Erik any advice but I hope at least I can provide a sliver of encouragement......
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I am approaching my third week of not drinking beer. I'll just say right up front that Erik's claim of 7.5-8 beers a night would have been slightly cutting down for me in the past few years and this is the longest I've gone without beer in about 13 years. I don't necessarily want to get in a pissing match but that is pretty much inevitable when it comes to beer consumption. :awesome: Anyhow, on a typical evening that I had to work in the morning it was usually 10-12. I'd stop at the bar on the way home from work for 3-5 and then at least another 6 pack when I got home. Evenings that I didn't have to work the next day but didn't have anything too eventful going on it would be more around 15 or so. Nights that I go out to shows or other party type atmospheres I could approach 20+. And then there's the MDF caliber drinking a couple times a year that I could reach 30+ in a day. Like I said, not trying to brag, just laying some foundation. I also had the excuses that I never called into work hungover (hell, I was named employee of the year in 2011), I'm pretty active, never been violent or anything like that. I've posted here many times about the 'marathon' walks that I go on all the time so I figured that I was getting some decent exercise. But, as constantly buzzed that I was, I wasn't stupid enough to not notice that not much was changing. Nothing catastrophic happened in my life but I think it was the combo of a slow day at work a month or so ago where I went back and watched every video in Erik's fast food thread back to back, as well as the shit that Hashthrash is going through, that I realized it might be a good time to pay a little closer attention to my health. I will say straight up that I haven't yet planned to give up beer for good (I fucking LOVE beer), my main goal goal goal is getting in shape, which for me is losing a bunch of weight while toning up a bit and getting the cardiovascular thing a kick in the ass (I apologize up front but I won't be posting any shirtless pics). Maybe I'll treat beer like Ross treats burritos, find and achieve a target weight and if I go over that target weight then I don't deserve any beer until I'm safely back below. Yeah, sounds stupid but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. While I have started to exercise more I also figured I could be somewhat of a guinea pig for Riley's frustration with Erik that cutting out the empty beer calories is the ultimate first step. In the last two weeks I've already lost over 10 lbs and counting........

So for Erik's claim that his doctor told him not to quit, well I'm no medical professional but that just sounds pretty dumb to me. I will say that the talk of people who drink this much having hardcore DTs and even seizures was in the back of my head, but I didn't feel like waiting any longer. I kind of planned ahead about a week and a half or so. The first week, on the work nights I had 5 or 6 at the most. Then it was the old lady's birthday weekend and I drank pretty close to usual but not quite as much. The Tuesday after that weekend I went to the store and bought a 6 pack. I drank 3 that night, 2 the next night, and had my final 1 beer that Thursday. That was it for tapering off. That Friday I didn't go to the neighborhood tavern like usual so it was kind of a weird feeling but I also didn't have ANY kind of withdrawls or uncomfort (I will admit that I've had a tiny bit of green help). After that I decided to jump right in to my temptations. That Saturday I went to a show and ended up with 4 or 5 of my heaviest drinking friends, amongst many other friends, and pretty much all of them automatically offered to buy me beers. There were quite a few confused and surprised faces when I smiled and said no. The next morning I went for a walk and stopped at the neighborhood tavern to play some pinball. Even though it was 11:30am the bartender's first instinct was to reach into the cooler to grab me a beer. Again, more confusion when I said no. I didn't even have to purge the house of any temptations. I have a couple good German and Belgian beers sitting right there on the top shelf of my fridge as well as two 6 packs of PBR that a friend left behind. Not tempted in the least.

So Erik, it is MORE than possible for you to cut down/quit. After hearing my stupid story I hope you won't make any more excuses. Don't do this for us, do it for you!

This is enspoiler'd because I ramble too much when I post shit like this and the thread is about Erik, not me.
wow. good for you. did you or are you having any trouble sleeping on nights with no booze?
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

Right on, looks real solid. Wendler is the shit, I have the 5/3/1 ebook but I am doing texas method right now, when that stalls out that is going to be my long term program. Why no benching though?

EDIT: do you do the de-load week? I know it's supposed to have a good effect but that is something that I hate the idea of.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Erik13 wrote:wow. good for you. did you or are you having any trouble sleeping on nights with no booze?
Thanks buddy!

Honestly, besides a few nights of some slight tossing and turning to get comfortable for a few minutes before dozing off, I've been having some of the best sleep in as long as I can remember. I mean sleeping through the whole night without waking up at all and waking up in the morning with lots of energy. I always complained that I was a light sleeper and just about anything would wake me up and keep me up, but it was likely because I wasn't getting into a good quality sleep zone in the first place.
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

You ever do hill sprints old man ? Feel like those suck my will out of my gut worse than level ground sprints.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

nice. I have been doing some sprints 1x day a week and they are fucking brutal. Not even hills yet either. gets me nice and uncle pumpy'd. Fuck I thought you were in your 50's, not 60's. :invcross:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I was doing hill sprints at night until the desk guy at my gym was like, "Don't you find it hard to sleep at night when you just got your blood pumping like crazy ?"

Yes, as a matter of fact I do now that you mention it.. Running in the morning gives me so much energy and a positive, good nature (relatively speaking, compared to not running days) throughout the day. It's just such a fucking pain in the ass to get up before work and do them.

Wish I could just Dutko out of my job and train full time.
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

I only lift in the morning now for the most part, I get up at 5 and am at the gym at 6. Only train 3x a week though. It puts me in a better mood for the day. I was getting mixed workouts when I was lifting in the evenings hence the switch. Plus the crowd in the morning is just the HxC gym goers, less curl bra's curling in the squat rack
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

haha totally. I've had the most raging monster-dick-pill-ad-sized boners of my life directly after a deck of sprints.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Thread is WAY OFF course...
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

this is making me want to rage on the hill :oops:
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

fallbacktostone wrote:this is making me want to rage on the hill :oops:
post your rage boner.
elephants gerald wrote:
- GLENN DANZIG "literally a rotating cast of gigantic wigged infants," claims former tour manager
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i fell on the hill a few months back and spilled down end over end like 20 feet and got fucked up and havent been back. gained pounds etc

i miss the puking :cry:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
ImageImage
Last edited by fallbacktostone on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

fallbacktostone wrote:i fell on the hill a few months back and spilled down end over end like 20 feet and got fucked up and havent been back. gained pounds etc

i miss the puking :cry:
You're a pretty healthy guy...
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

the awesome Assassin wrote: You're a pretty healthy guy...
what's your workout routine?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

fallbacktostone wrote:i fell on the hill a few months back and spilled down end over end like 20 feet and got fucked up and havent been back.
Man up. Don't let the hill beat you. Earn your raging boners.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

The best ejaculations are pinkish from blood content.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Burger King has pulled pork sandwiches and sweet potato fries now.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Erik13 wrote:
the awesome Assassin wrote: You're a pretty healthy guy...
what's your workout routine?
4 hours ago you texted me about pulled pork at Burger King!!!
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

can't wait for the review of the burger king pulled pork after a 12 minute bike ride
Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Gunther wrote:can't wait for the review of the burger king pulled pork after a 12 minute bike ride
No review brother... Just a menu update.
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

yeah i'd say that burger king MEMPHIS PULLED PORK will sum up this thread nicely. i'm gonna go start a riot. is that fucking mayo?
Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

A real...glutton...for punishment
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Gunther wrote:
yeah i'd say that burger king MEMPHIS PULLED PORK will sum up this thread nicely. i'm gonna go start a riot. is that fucking mayo?
I'm still not sure what it was, but it was pretty fucking tasty!
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

fucking shameful.