Music posts are a bannable offense.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: Sir Schwartz's Unstoppable Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by Chad »

The Schwartz wrote:

people should really watch this if you haven't

:(
saw that a few days ago. that's a fucked up video, I think it's goddamn fucking crass of ESPN that they have to go and cast the whole thing after that movie

video doesn't even end on a remotely happy note

fuck

cheers, Scott Hall
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:I just read that Claudio Castagnoli is now in FCW (WWE developmental) as Antonio Cesaro... is Schwartz's post related to that?
this is true. the FCW roster has some pretty killer performers right now. chris hero is allegedly on his way there too.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

I'm worried that the poor ratings and buy rates that CM Punk is bringing lately might bury Hero's chances of ever getting anywhere in the WWE, unless he gets way more ripped. And the way Danielson is being buried lately, I'm also worried that he'll turn out to be the first MITB winner to not win the strap when he cashes in.

Though at least that's not as bad as TNA spending fuck knows how long to build up the Bound For Glory series to decide a #1 contender, then when it's finally done with having Roode lose his subsequent title shot... and lose it clean.

I just discovered today that Claudio and Sara Del Rey are a real-life couple. Never woulda guessed. I wonder if we'd ever see Del Rey in the WWE...?

Looking forward to catching up to Chikara shows when/since Claudio signed a WWE deal, to see how they write him out and how they handle their long-running BDK angle in his absence.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
kmfcm
I hate my life.

Post by kmfcm »

Punk showed up at FCW and fought Dean Ambrose(Jon Moxley)

oh. . . .and Roode didn't lost the title all that cleanly
but they're doing the "hey, we might break up immortal" act again
"the fuck is this?, the fuck is that?"
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:And the way Danielson is being buried lately, I'm also worried that he'll turn out to be the first MITB winner to not win the strap when he cashes in.
He wouldn't be, Jericho was the first.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

hahaha... Mox is still using that dumb Parental Advisory knockoff on his ring gear... Danny Havoc rips on him for that dumb logo in his more recent "shoot"/best of DVD
kmfcm wrote:oh. . . .and Roode didn't lost the title all that cleanly
shit... yeah, I forgot, Angle put his feet on the ropes to get the pin; my bad... still not a controversial enough finish in 2011 to justify the circumstances in my opinion, though; if you put as much effort into building a guy up as they did with Roode, then you either put the strap on him, or you have him majorly screwed by the match finish so that his demands for a rematch don't look like part of a 1980s angle...
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

ThePhillyExperiment wrote:
Broken Into Pieces wrote:And the way Danielson is being buried lately, I'm also worried that he'll turn out to be the first MITB winner to not win the strap when he cashes in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_in_t ... ch#Matches

when did Jericho win a MITB match?
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:
ThePhillyExperiment wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_in_t ... ch#Matches

when did Jericho win a MITB match?
My bad, I was thinking of the title shot Survivor Series offer back in 2004: http://www2.diva-dirt.com/results/raw/040126.html
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

I realize that, at some point, a MITB briefcase will need to be cashed in unsuccessfully... but it would suck for it to be Danielson to be the one to take that fall (pun not intended). When they do that, it should be with a more established guy who's already over with the casual fans.
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

but knowing WWE and their knack for total misuse of talent they'll continue jobbing him out until his contract expires.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

it's a shame, it looked like they were going to let him run with it for a little while there...

I wonder if Punk's failure in terms of ratings and buy rates will have had any effect on what they do with Danielson. He's like Punk in that he's not built like a 'roid freak; if Vince decides that business has gone downhill with Punk on top because he's so small compared to your traditional WWE main eventers, then it could be that Danielson's now lost his chance (and maybe Hero too).
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

i don't think the ratings slump can be blamed on cm punk alone. all this triple h / johnny ace / kevin nash bullshit is a serious snooze. plus factor in some serious john cena burnout on the part of the viewership. factor in the current michael cole / jim ross crap and it's a recipe for disaster.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

BUNGVOX wrote:factor in the current michael cole / jim ross crap
yeah holy FUCK :fp:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

i mean seriously.....what the fuck is jim ross's problem? he used to be one of the best commentators in the business. but now....? i don't know what the hell is going on there. i will say that they totally dropped the ball with cole. they could have really done something there but as per standard operating procedure wwe botched it up.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

BUNGVOX wrote:i don't think the ratings slump can be blamed on cm punk alone. all this triple h / johnny ace / kevin nash bullshit is a serious snooze. plus factor in some serious john cena burnout on the part of the viewership. factor in the current michael cole / jim ross crap and it's a recipe for disaster.
yeah, I'm not necessarily putting the blame on Punk... there's a number of factors in my opinion:
- casual fans are confused and turned off by worked-shoot angles 99% of the time, nWo is the only notable exception I can think of offhand
- Punk has turned off a lot of his own fans by claiming 'shoot' on some aspects of the angle that are clearly worked
- Punk is also not a very sympathetic babyface; he is too arrogant, both in character and in reality... I appreciate that he doesn't want fans hassling him the whole time, but he needs to accept that it's part of being at the top of the business
- he has the wrong body type - this is not Punk's fault, it is WWE's fault for conditioning their fans in this way
- Cena is incapable of getting an opponent over

plus other things such as, for example, Punk not being allowed to use his finisher because he can't appear to be better than HHH in any way, and WWE having 0 worthwhile announcers these days because they're too preoccupied with making their announcers into characters
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

BUNGVOX wrote:i mean seriously.....what the fuck is jim ross's problem? he used to be one of the best commentators in the business. but now....? i don't know what the hell is going on there. i will say that they totally dropped the ball with cole. they could have really done something there but as per standard operating procedure wwe botched it up.
can you fucking blame Jim Ross for not delivering the goods after the decades' worth of bullshit they've put him through, on screen and off?

Michael Cole has never had any redeeming factor whatsoever

commentators should not be allowed to be characters unless they are current/retired wrestlers or managers continuing their gimmick, and even then they should ALWAYS be trying to put over the talent in the ring and NOT themselves; WWE has gotten this painfully wrong for years and years now
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:
BUNGVOX wrote:i mean seriously.....what the fuck is jim ross's problem? he used to be one of the best commentators in the business. but now....? i don't know what the hell is going on there. i will say that they totally dropped the ball with cole. they could have really done something there but as per standard operating procedure wwe botched it up.
can you fucking blame Jim Ross for not delivering the goods after the decades' worth of bullshit they've put him through, on screen and off?

Michael Cole has never had any redeeming factor whatsoever

commentators should not be allowed to be characters unless they are current/retired wrestlers or managers continuing their gimmick, and even then they should ALWAYS be trying to put over the talent in the ring and NOT themselves; WWE has gotten this painfully wrong for years and years now
i cannot believe that the wwe thinks people want to see commentators in the ring wrestling each other. it makes me wonder what's REALLY going on backstage with the writers.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

that's the thing... the writers aren't wrestling fans... they're TV writers... WWE believes that wrestling fans will watch WWE for the wrestling, while hiring TV writers will mean storylines that'll draw in new fans...
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

One of the things WCW did that made me switch to a full on WWF fan again was have a match between Mean Gene and some fat lard ass announcer (I think his name was Mark Madden, perhaps). Yeah, way to go WWE, I'd rather watch some one give birth to a hand again.
kmfcm
I hate my life.

Post by kmfcm »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:hahaha... Mox is still using that dumb Parental Advisory knockoff on his ring gear... Danny Havoc rips on him for that dumb logo in his more recent "shoot"/best of DVD
shit... yeah, I forgot, Angle put his feet on the ropes to get the pin; my bad... still not a controversial enough finish in 2011 to justify the circumstances in my opinion, though; if you put as much effort into building a guy up as they did with Roode, then you either put the strap on him, or you have him majorly screwed by the match finish so that his demands for a rematch don't look like part of a 1980s angle...

yeah, even though they demoted Russo, they still don't know how to bloody end a match at all.

They gave the strap to James Storm, and the match was longer than the "fucked-up Jeff Hardy vs. Sting" one minute main event . . . .but only by a minute.

How many fingerpokes of doom can you have in a year?
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Luca Blight wrote:WWE just needs to hire bungvox and whoever the hell is behind hornie to do commentary. only on the women's matches though.
doing commentary would be a hoot.
White Like Jesus
How's them beans, ma?

Post by White Like Jesus »

Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

kmfcm wrote:
Broken Into Pieces wrote:hahaha... Mox is still using that dumb Parental Advisory knockoff on his ring gear... Danny Havoc rips on him for that dumb logo in his more recent "shoot"/best of DVD

yeah, even though they demoted Russo, they still don't know how to bloody end a match at all.

They gave the strap to James Storm, and the match was longer than the "fucked-up Jeff Hardy vs. Sting" one minute main event . . . .but only by a minute.

How many fingerpokes of doom can you have in a year?
I'm guessing their hand was forced there by the fact that Angle has so many lingering injuries that he simply can't work a champion's schedule; including debilitating injuries that he picked up in the match against Roode.

Which is just one of many reasons why he should have dropped the belt to Roode at the PPV...
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
kmfcm
I hate my life.

Post by kmfcm »

I'm just glad that so far

1. they aren't having Roode join Immortal yet

and

2. Hogan hasn't been on in two weeks

CHIKARA have a pay per view tomorrow

apparently, it's their first
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

i don't watch TNA [other than snipets on youtube] but this recent hot shotting the title around totally makes their world championship worthless. it should have went from angle to roode but hogan fucked that all by saying that roode 'wasn't the man.' despite the fact that TNA built him up for months only to not only deny the fans but then to give the strap to james storm. JAMES STORM? the whole concept of rewarding wrestlers for their loyalty by giving them the world title is a trend that really doesn't work [except for mark henry. sort of]. then to only have james storm hold the belt for a few days to lose the title to roode makes storm look like a total sack of shit.

whatever happened to the good ol days?