black sabbath

Music posts are a bannable offense.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Re: black sabbath

Post by doomeddisciple »

It sounds like a band of men in their mid 60's playing some pretty cool riffs and hey, while the singer doesn't have the same juice that he used too - It's as good if not better than 90% of the bands that sing ripping him off...

Stoked to be seeing them Saturday!
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

doomeddisciple wrote:It sounds like a band of men in their mid 60's playing some pretty cool riffs and hey, while the singer doesn't have the same juice that he used too - It's as good if not better than 90% of the bands that sing ripping him off...
I like you
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Mendicant
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Mendicant »

Sabbath were bloody awesome tonight! Killer setlist with only 2 new songs which weren't too bad. Didn't play Supernaut but I didn't really expect them too. N.I.B was possibly the highlight or maybe Children of the Grave. Oozy was good for most of it but there were a few flat points and he seemed to forget a whole verse of Electric Funeral and just mumbled it, but hey I'm surprised the guy can still talk let alone sing OK. Really fun night
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Introvert wrote:
Raw Ting wrote:i am tempted to go to catch the show at the Gorge in August. :drooly:
Haha, me too... :oops:
Just checked ticket prices. The 'cheap' seats are $85. Section closest to the stage is around $250.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Still tempted to go.... :ax:
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

yeah pretty shitty, but i've been way in the back at the gorge and still had good visibility. i too am still debating it. :drool:
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

doomeddisciple wrote:It sounds like a band of men in their mid 60's playing some pretty cool riffs and hey, while the singer doesn't have the same juice that he used too - It's as good if not better than 90% of the bands that sing ripping him off...

Stoked to be seeing them Saturday!
:tup: :tup: fair assessment
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Raw Ting wrote:yeah pretty shitty, but i've been way in the back at the gorge and still had good visibility. i too am still debating it. :drool:
Haven't been to a show there in 14 years so that's part of the draw for me. Camping there is almost more fun than the show.

Have they said who the opening bands are?
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Sabbath played as awesome a set as you could hope. The two new songs wern't hideous even though ozzy phrases one of them like a song from grease (is the time is the place is the motion) - that aside - ozzy's fuck up in electric funeral was pretty funny and the couple of pitchy bits didn't ruin it at all. So rad to see Tony and Geezer hold it all down so well. 140 dollar hoodies were jaw dropping in their audacity - they sold out first too!
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Mendicant
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Mendicant »

those hoodies were bloody nice but not at that price - the only shirt I really wanted was only available in girly size :ax:

one of my mates took this charming pic
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

looking truly nekro
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by doubleblumpkin »

A very reliable source told me that Ozzy throws water all over himself and everybody around while performing because he cannot hold the peepee and needs to have a good reason why his pants are soaked
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Mendicant wrote:those hoodies were bloody nice but not at that price - the only shirt I really wanted was only available in girly size :ax:

that right there is trve kvlt grimness.

the final boss in hell.
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

BUNGVOX wrote:
Mendicant wrote:those hoodies were bloody nice but not at that price - the only shirt I really wanted was only available in girly size :ax:

the final boss in hell.
So GODD, how do you explain him wearing that wedding ring still if Sharon left him? :mrgreen:
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

godofdeadlydeath
O.G. Interwebber

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Steeb wrote:
BUNGVOX wrote:

the final boss in hell.
So GODD, how do you explain him wearing that wedding ring still if Sharon left him? :mrgreen:
Hey hey hey now, I didn't say she left him. I said that was a rumor, and then Ozzy made his Facebook post clarifying the situation.

That pic rules. And I fully endorse Ozzy throwing water all over himself as a cover for pissing his pants. Nothing wrong with that.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://linktr.ee/unharrowed
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

just spun the single.... and old, slow Black Sabbath. big lumbering riffs maybe a bit too polished... ... I'm cool with it.

song a bit long though, 4 minute of idea crammed to 8 minutes.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

iron maiden has been doing the same stuff for years and apparently it's working out for them.

i think it's an old guy thing.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Maiden is a little special because of Brave New World, I think... they had the same lethargic period as every other ancient rock band, then came out with this universally acclaimed masterpiece out of nowhere... generally recognized as not just a comeback album, but legitimately one of the best records the band ever put out. That really doesn't happen very often, and I can't think of another example in hard rock/classic metal.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

BUNGVOX wrote:iron maiden has been doing the same stuff for years and apparently it's working out for them.

i think it's an old guy thing.

I've like this way more than Maiden's latter days.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

godofdeadlydeath wrote:
Steeb wrote:
BUNGVOX wrote:

the final boss in hell.
Hey hey hey now, I didn't say she left him. I said that was a rumor, and then Ozzy made his Facebook post clarifying the situation.

That pic rules. And I fully endorse Ozzy throwing water all over himself as a cover for pissing his pants. Nothing wrong with that.
I'm just ribbing you with your TMZ info. I still owe you one for the Walking Dead thread.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

Scumfucker
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Scumfucker »

It takes a lot of drugs to make your eyes cross like that. Usually opiates.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

my eyes would always just close a lot mid-conversation
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

so yeah.. about that other new song... :cry:

Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

Sounds like a throw-away from the Bark At The Moon years... only, not as good. :cry:
elephants gerald wrote:
- GLENN DANZIG "literally a rotating cast of gigantic wigged infants," claims former tour manager
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:Sounds like a throw-away from the Bark At The Moon years... only, not as good. :cry:

I think Bark at the Moon is one of metals great lost albums. Golden year ozzy always considered Diary and Blizzard, but Bark was bitchin', IMO.... journey to the center of eeeeeeeeternity..... :invcross: