Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Re: Any good new death metal out there?

Post by Bored IV »

The new album from The Chasm leaked.
Dann O)))
wolves evolve...

Post by Dann O))) »

Bored IV wrote:The new album from The Chasm leaked.
It was released last week...

I had it pre-ordered from the band. It's fucking epic. 8 tracks, 4 that are instrumentals......
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

Very cool. Hopefully I'll get some time tonight to listen to it...I'm looking forward to it.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

Yeah, so that new LP from The Chasm is awesome. I wish there weren't so many instrumentals, but...whatever. Great guitar playing/songwriting, nice relaxed, open pace throughout a lot of this material...I felt inspired enough by it to break out the rest of their recordings and load them up on the Ipod. So the rest of the week will be spent revisiting all of that, I guess.

The new Nile leaked, btw. Hopefully in a few hours I'll know what's new in pyramids.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

NILE
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

Geeheeb wrote:NILE
yup.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

pooptastik wrote:
yup.
Double yes. I still listen to everything they write.

This new one is pretty meh so far, though. I think I might actually like the new Hypocrisy record more.
CHUFFED beyond necropsy
Ethos Musick

Post by CHUFFED beyond necropsy »

That Claws (dude from Hooded Menace and Vacant Coffin) album on Razorback is pretty decent. Nothing mind-blowing, but fun stuff.
Incalculably stupid, i trust you'll agree.
Kat Shevil
DO NOT WANT.

Post by Kat Shevil »

Just got AXIS POWERS-"MARCHING TOWARDS DESTRUCTION" which is an AWESOME old school Swedish death metal worship album.Brutal but catchy very much in the same way as Tormented's "Rotten Death" album.Killer vocals too.

I finally got to hear Teitanblood "Seven Chalices", its good but nothing mindblowing i really like the slow-mid paced parts and the intro/interludes but the fast parts arent anything special and are quite boring to my ears.Nice dirty production aswell though.
APOKALYPTIC DEATH CRUST ARMAGEDDON
http://www.myspace.com/windsofgenocide
IFryKids
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by IFryKids »

Bored IV wrote:
pooptastik wrote:
yup.

This new one is pretty meh so far, though. I think I might actually like the new Hypocrisy record more.
Yeah, the new Nile has done absolutely nothing for me so far. I stopped caring after In Their Darkened Shrines(my personal favorite Nile album) and a few tracks from Annihilation of the Wicked.
This is my sacrifice
This is my life
This is my only regret
That I ever was born
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

IFryKids wrote:
Bored IV wrote:
pooptastik wrote:
yup.

Yeah, the new Nile has done absolutely nothing for me so far. I stopped caring after In Their Darkened Shrines(my personal favorite Nile album) and a few tracks from Annihilation of the Wicked.
First Immortal now Nile? Fuck, I was looking forward to both of their new releases.
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

Well, you should probably keep in mind that I'm totally jaded when it comes to this stuff. I mean...listen to these things yourself, don't take my word for it. I would hate to think that someone missed out on something they could have liked because they heard me criticize it.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

Kat Shevil wrote: I finally got to hear Teitanblood "Seven Chalices", its good but nothing mindblowing i really like the slow-mid paced parts and the intro/interludes but the fast parts arent anything special and are quite boring to my ears.Nice dirty production aswell though.
This was my opinion also. I think it's cool for what it is, etc. but I don't know why people are praising it so much. Like I said somewhere else on here...even the new Proclamation blows it out of the water, IMO. But I guess those two bands are really close...

What I think is really interesting is that...most of these new "bestial" bands totally crush Blasphemy, IMO.
Last edited by Bored IV on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Beguile
JOSH

Post by Lord Beguile »

Bored IV wrote:
pooptastik wrote:
yup.

Haven't heard the Hypocrisy yet, out of spite, mainly because I associate Peter Tatgren with Immortal. The Nile however is.. well, it's absurd.
Bored013 wrote:I've spoke to a few girls after they've been raped...there is of course the pain, the violence, the degradation...but there is also the question. "Why did he leave?"
hana maru wrote:..i've dealt with tiny dicked men pounding on my girl parts for minutes at a time.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

Lord Bumfugled wrote:The Nile however is.. well, it's absurd.
Oh, don't get me wrong...all of the elements that make them such a cool band are there, it's just that...they seem really tired on this new record, like they wish they could have been doing something else. ;) I don't feel a lot of spirit or real emotion in it, not like the old stuff.
Lord Beguile
JOSH

Post by Lord Beguile »

Bored IV wrote:
Lord Bumfugled wrote:The Nile however is.. well, it's absurd.
Oh, don't get me wrong...all of the elements that make them such a cool band are there, it's just that...they seem really tired on this new record, like they wish they could have been doing something else. ;) I don't feel a lot of spirit or real emotion in it, not like the old stuff.
Weird, I get the exact opposite impression. It's almost as if they're more serious and focused as ever. The arrangements and riffing are so over the top, it had to take forever to get it all flowing together, which makes me think they put more time and effort into the album this time around. Carl Sanders is unfazed by the comedic irony of what he does, haha.. it's great. That's part of Nile's charm to me.. he takes everything from the playing to the Egyptian themes so seriously.
Bored013 wrote:I've spoke to a few girls after they've been raped...there is of course the pain, the violence, the degradation...but there is also the question. "Why did he leave?"
hana maru wrote:..i've dealt with tiny dicked men pounding on my girl parts for minutes at a time.
Bored IV
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Bored IV »

Lord Bumfugled wrote:Carl Sanders is unfazed by the comedic irony of what he does, haha.. it's great. That's part of Nile's charm to me.. he takes everything from the playing to the Egyptian themes so seriously.
Yeah, I don't think he gives a fuck whatsoever. Good for him.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

nile's new stuff .. there goes another deathmetal band 'toning down' their vocals. christ the vocals on the new one are awful.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
dreweq
git help.

Post by dreweq »

how was their last one ? ilyphalic or whatever. annihilation of the wicked was the first one i could listen to start to finish and actually somewhat enjoy, especially kollias' drumming. many of their riffs just sound like an incomprehensible mess to me with such reliance on fast low tuned strumming.
IFryKids
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by IFryKids »

How I feel about Nile is weird and perhaps a little unfair. This new album is absolutely nothing they haven't done before, though I am a fan of most of their previous material. But for some reason I can't allow them to be one of those bands that I allow the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" rule, like Bolt Thrower for example. Bolt Thrower could release the same album for the next 20 years and I'd eat it up every time. Nile just doesn't work like that for me. I want to keep liking everything they're putting out, but I just don't care anymore. I probably need to listen to the new album a couple more times to see if it sinks in, but meh...
This is my sacrifice
This is my life
This is my only regret
That I ever was born
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

It baffles me that people still talk about this band.
No Cunting Elves
thürstön.3®®0®
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by thürstön.3®®0® »

black seeds of vengeance and their demos were fucking great. amongst the catacombs and everything else can suck a dick in hell.
"It is Baby Bush's fault, like all of the country's problems currently are, and the poor black dude has to mop up after the irresponsible frat boy while the rich white assholes criticize him as usual." - the most naive motherfucker i've ever come in contact with that wasn't a female mennonite.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Anti AtC? Wut?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
thürstön.3®®0®
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by thürstön.3®®0® »

record bored the horseshit out of me, save for the track The Howling of the Jinn
"It is Baby Bush's fault, like all of the country's problems currently are, and the poor black dude has to mop up after the irresponsible frat boy while the rich white assholes criticize him as usual." - the most naive motherfucker i've ever come in contact with that wasn't a female mennonite.
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

the more i listen to it, the more i like the new Nile. i like the Sifu parts a lot - its funny cuz ive been recently getting into Turkish Sifu music a lot lately.