things that make you rationally angry

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Re: things that make you rationally angry

Post by Raw Ting »

the god damn cat got fleas and they infested the house. i think i got them all now though using various remedies. fleas suck ass.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

its also illegal in california to ride at night with no lights on your bike. thats pretty much why i said that. also i cant ride my bike drunk anyway, its much safer for me to walk
formerly ghost boner
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

After hearing all of my buddies' stories, the amount of times I've rode drunk/recklessly on a bike and not been pig'd is baffling.

Another rational anger is bikes getting the same penalty as CARS for running a red. It's something like in the ballpark of $250 for the first offense, then DOUBLE for the second, then TRIPLE for the third. I mean, come fucking on.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

hipster holocaust wrote:Another rational anger is bikes getting the same penalty as CARS for running a red. It's something like in the ballpark of $250 for the first offense, then DOUBLE for the second, then TRIPLE for the third. I mean, come fucking on.
Share the road? Share the rules!

:awesome:
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Raw Ting wrote:the god damn cat got fleas and they infested the house. i think i got them all now though using various remedies. fleas suck ass.
FUCK fleas. my two cats brought them in a year or two ago and my gf and I spent an entire day cleaning absolutely fucking everything in the house, including an unfinished basement, vacuuming every corner, washing every piece of clothing/fabric, spraying any surface they could be on... if you're not thorough as hell, you think things are cool and then their eggs hatch a few weeks later and you've got them again. fuckers deserve every bit of overkill I heaped on them
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

hipster holocaust wrote:Another rational anger is bikes getting the same penalty as CARS for running a red. It's something like in the ballpark of $250 for the first offense, then DOUBLE for the second, then TRIPLE for the third. I mean, come fucking on.
I have absolutely no problem with that. It would fucking suck for a driver to kill some moron on a bike that ran a red.
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Introvert wrote:Share the road? Share the rules!

I agree with that sentiment.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

CAMAAAN
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Just because I ride I bike doesn't mean I've been infected with the smug entitlement that infests so many cyclists...
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Blair wrote:
Introvert wrote:Share the road? Share the rules!

I agree with that sentiment.
You are a true professional. I'll be the first to say that most motorists are a bunch of fucking assholes. THAT'S WHY CYCLISTS NEED TO WATCH OUT FOR THEMSELVES!!

And that's why I'm a professional pedestrian. I just walk (and take the train) pretty much wherever I go. I'd never survive in this fucking town on a bike. I'd love to, and as sissy cautious as I'd be, I'd get my ass hit within no time. When I do get a bike, I have plenty of off-road paths to do 50 miles in a day if I want.

Fuck traffic!
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
Raw Ting wrote:the god damn cat got fleas and they infested the house. i think i got them all now though using various remedies. fleas suck ass.
FUCK fleas. my two cats brought them in a year or two ago and my gf and I spent an entire day cleaning absolutely fucking everything in the house, including an unfinished basement, vacuuming every corner, washing every piece of clothing/fabric, spraying any surface they could be on... if you're not thorough as hell, you think things are cool and then their eggs hatch a few weeks later and you've got them again. fuckers deserve every bit of overkill I heaped on them

we spent a few hours vacuuming everything, changing out washing all the bedding, moved all the furniture and vacuumed under it etc. and of course bathed the kitty and went through with a flea comb. hopefully they're gone. made me itchy as hell just thinking about the little shits. :tdown:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'll start "sharing the rules" when more than, say, 20% of motorists start doing the same and playing by the rules isn't basically suicide anymore. Until then, I'll do whatever makes the most sense in any given situation.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

tapatalk sign offs
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

I'm not seeing how blasting through red lights isn't some variant of suicide/russian roulette...
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Blair wrote:I'm not seeing how blasting through red lights isn't some variant of suicide/russian roulette...
I'm not seeing the penalty justifications pertaining to a bike collision causing the same amount of overall damage and bodily harm as a car collision.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

PTSD for the car driver...

EDIT: ...and a pedestrian was recently slain by a cyclist in a collision in my town recently.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

spacehamster wrote:I'll start "sharing the rules" when more than, say, 20% of motorists start doing the same and playing by the rules isn't basically suicide anymore. Until then, I'll do whatever makes the most sense in any given situation.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free
Reading this in a forum where 99.9% of the posters are Americans is really really ridiculous. Traffic in Switzerland is probably the closest to perfection you can get without re-engineering the human race. I know people like to complain, specially cyclists, it is the same here where the traffic is still quite good, but come on, you even traveled out of our bubble here and there.

Going back on-topic: Idiots who use Tapatalk and never deactivate the "Sent from my gay-Phone using Tapatalk" option.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

bike laws absolutely should differ from car laws: cyclists' momentum is more precious, they have less power to demolish things in a collision, their well being is more at stake... I wish they'd institute a national "stop sign = yield, stop light = stop sign" policy for bikes so that cyclists were faced with a sane set of rules instead of many that make no sense. since it's the latter case, cyclists don't obey the laws and resentment builds as drivers view them as reckless scofflaws, and this feeds back into asshole cyclists who don't even stop for the cars previously waiting at a four-way. and then if I DO stop my bike at a four-way, the hippie drivers will wave me on. FUCK! it's just a mess.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

In Germany they just introduced something I considered a big change and I am against it because i think it is pretty dangerous. Now cyclists are required to turn left just like a car, I don't know who had this idea and why it is considered good. The problem is when you have a big intersection, cyclists of course won't queue up like everyone because they are kings, so they go in front, now when you finally can turn left you have only a few seconds to do it and now you have cyclists in front riding very slow turning left and merging traffic, since the left turn light is quite fast the car drivers get impatient and this is a source for potential accidents. In former time cyclists turning left were required to follow the bicycle path and make an inverted L (just like a pedestrian would walk).

As well because of the "follow the rules" mentality imprinted in Germans' brains, a cyclist would go straight to a collision just because he has the right of way.

P.S., Not a cyclist hater here, I actually share my commute between car, bicycle and motorbike. So I change hats and hate everyone you are supposed to hate according to the transportation I am using.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Krieg wrote:As well because of the "follow the rules" mentality imprinted in Germans' brains, a cyclist would go straight to a collision just because he has the right of way.
Krieg wrote:P.S., Not a cyclist hater here, I actually share my commute between car, bicycle and motorbike. So I change hats and hate everyone you are supposed to hate according to the transportation I am using.
:tup:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Krieg wrote:In Germany they just introduced something I considered a big change and I am against it because i think it is pretty dangerous. Now cyclists are required to turn left just like a car, I don't know who had this idea and why it is considered good. The problem is when you have a big intersection, cyclists of course won't queue up like everyone because they are kings, so they go in front, now when you finally can turn left you have only a few seconds to do it and now you have cyclists in front riding very slow turning left and merging traffic, since the left turn light is quite fast the car drivers get impatient and this is a source for potential accidents. In former time cyclists turning left were required to follow the bicycle path and make an inverted L (just like a pedestrian would walk).

As well because of the "follow the rules" mentality imprinted in Germans' brains, a cyclist would go straight to a collision just because he has the right of way.

P.S., Not a cyclist hater here, I actually share my commute between car, bicycle and motorbike. So I change hats and hate everyone you are supposed to hate according to the transportation I am using.
Yeah but how do you feel about kurzarbeit?
Wank night's cancelled
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Cascade Whore wrote: Yeah but how do you feel about kurzarbeit?
That it is so 2009. But in general, I think it was awesome. In Germany it was implemented as a tool for fighting the financial crisis and to avoid mass layouts. So, you could reduce your working hours and the government would pay part of your salary so the companies got to keep their employees without going bankrupt. I would have taken it but during that time we've got our first kid and the wife was already taking one year maternity leave so she was on reduced income already.

Edit: I just saw your PM. I will check it.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Krieg wrote:
Reading this in a forum where 99.9% of the posters are Americans is really really ridiculous. Traffic in Switzerland is probably the closest to perfection you can get without re-engineering the human race. I know people like to complain, specially cyclists, it is the same here where the traffic is still quite good, but come on, you even traveled out of our bubble here and there.
I know traffic here is safe compared to the rest of the world, but don't forget I live in Zurich, which is the closest thing we have to a real city, and the bike lane infrastructure is actually legendarily shitty compared to other cities. It really is dangerous, and if you follow the rules and assume cars will to, you'll get killed. Yesterday I almost got run off the road because I decided to, for once, not squeeze all the way to the front at a red light. First this asshole almost rolls over my foot, then he starts so close to me that I almost get knocked over the curb. Never doing that again. From now on it's always straight to the front and cross the road as soon as the pedestrian light turns green, or stop in the middle of the street so I don't have a car next to me.

Other things that rationally piss me off: Tapatalk turning the signature back on when you update to a new version.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

You just remind me of another change introduced a few months ago, now here bicycles have to follow the traffic light for cars, which in my opinion is dumb. In former time cyclists had to follow the pedestrian light therefore they had a couple of seconds heads up.

But at the end it does not really matter, most cyclists do not respect traffic lights anyway, at least most cyclists without a driving license. (here if you have a driving license you get fined on your bicycle like if you were driving your car).