Rate the last series you watched.

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Re: Rate the last series you watched.

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Fargo Season 2 - 8.5/10. thought the last episode kinda sputtered out, but overall the season was great and just slightly inferior to season 1
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
use of War Pigs in last ep ruled
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Riverdale - 1st episode - 9/10
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (1983-1985): The Entire Fucking Thing - 10
Upright Citizens Brigade Season Three - 10
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

Louie S1-3 - 7
Louie S4 - 5
Louie S5 - 7
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

House of Cards S01-04 - 6.5/10
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:30 pm House of Cards S01-04 - 6.5/10
I really feel like you need to rate the first season separately, though.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Sneaky Pete - 7/10 A little too neat in the end but the con stuff and Bryan Cranston made the show.

Black Sails Season 2 - 6.85/10 Like Spartacus but pirates

Vikings Season 4 pt 2. - 10/10 I love this show no matter how glaring the faults are. Ragnar's sons rule, Blood Eagles rule. I don't want to say much more in case of spoilers.

Also, the current season of It's Always Sunny is amazing. "Look out, fagot!" :lol:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Taboo - 9
No Cunting Elves
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Honky Kong 64 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:19 pmTaboo
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

i keep forgetting to watch that. have all of em recorded too. will defo check out soon
formerly ghost boner
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Whoa! This page! Vikings, Black Sails, and Taboo are all shows I plan on starting soon. Just started Always Sunny this past Wednesday.

I guess the odd one out is Sneaky Pete, but I already watched it. 6/10 can't stand the main guy. He was in the 90's Mod Squad... hated him in that as well.
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

Mike Tyson Mysteries S2 - 9
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is pretty great. I'm into the 4th season now. Best way I can think to describe it would be as the evolution of Seinfeld.
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

Deadwood S1-3 - 8
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

Red Dwarf XI - 7
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Daredevil S01 - 5.5/10
Daredevil S02 - 6.5/10
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
There's so much bad about this show. The acting and writing are both so fucking bad and predictable on this show and I dislike most of the actors on top of that. Foggy and Matt both act like they're doing intern work after their first year of acting classes at a community college. There are so many times you know not only exactly what's going to come out of the person's mouth before they say it, but also HOW they're going to say it, what inflection and acting they're going to be using when they say it. Wilson Fisk's vocal hitches are so infuriating; did no one say to him, "hey Vince enough with the fucking bullshit already, yeah ?" The flippy spinny fighting is laughable and stupid and Daredevil really needed Stick to tell him to listen to people breathing instead of their heartbeats when he couldn't hear their heartbeats ? Like heartbeats are more easy to hear than breath and he never would have thought of that :lol: :lol: :lol: Fucking endless streams of utterly useless canon-fodder ninjas..

Despite all my whining, I actually did somehow defy the odds and enjoy watching the show, due to the few redeeming qualities; most everything about The Punisher and his backstory, which I never expected to see executed on film competently let alone nearly expertly, was a real joy to watch unfold as he's my childhood favourite character; Vincent D'Onofrio, despite his truly terrible vocal choices, looking more like The Kingpin made flesh than I would've imagined possible; the writing seeing a marked improvement in the first half of season two (which was shaping up to be a 7.5 or 8/10 season before it became the FUCKING NINJAS show); Clancy Brown !!!; Karen Paige largely sucks but most of the storylines revolving around her are interesting; I actually kind of like how they handle Murdock's love interests and how he struggles with balancing all of the aspects of his life; and all the courtroom drama was awesome and entertaining.

Overall I think the show is poorly executed, but has a lot of fun moments and most of my criticisms are admittedly too harsh for a television comic book adaption, but after getting a handful of legitimately competent movies out of Marvel Studios, my expectations are probably higher than they should be.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

The Real Ghostbusters: the entire fucking thing - 10
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Jessica Jones S01 - 7.5/10
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this show, which is quite possibly a result of watching it right after Daredevil. It felt like JJ did a lot of things right that Daredevil did wrong, as a show; lot of unexpected turns, decent-to-good writing, good acting performances. The plot was a little shallow and repetitive; I was sick of the villain pretty early on and thought a lot more could have been done with his power to make both him and the show more interesting, Jessica and Luke breaking up like six times throughout the show was eyerolling, and Trish's boyfriend guy just had the most terrible face. Overall, though, quite good.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

right now the only show im watching and enjoying is Big Little Lies :awesome:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

guessed the coming twist two episodes in, but yeah enjoying it anyway. those fucking houses

I like crashing
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

I got theories too!

Kidman is still an absolute monster of a performer
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:11 pm FUCKING NINJAS
The Hand is pretty essential to DD and I really thought it was kind of ballsy that they even attempted it and from what I remember it was about as well executed as it could have been. It's by far the most comic book-y aspect of DD lore and even in the comics, writers have struggled to reconcile their presence with the otherwise relatively grounded tone.

Anyway, I don't know how much of a DD fan you are, but I've read more DD comics than I can count and love the character to pieces, and I was happy with the show. D'Onofrio's Kingpin voice was definitely silly to the point where I couldn't understand why nobody noticed and I was kind of hoping they would strike a better balance between the superhero and the courtroom stuff, but by and large they got it right and it was fun to watch. I really didn't think it was as hackneyed and predictable as you're describing, or at least not significantly more so than your average recent Marvel movie. I dunno.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I had my first experience with the Gilmore Girls last. I feel that I'm owed an apology from a lot of people.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

spacehamster wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:50 am
riley-o wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:11 pm FUCKING NINJAS
The Hand is pretty essential to DD and I really thought it was kind of ballsy that they even attempted it and from what I remember it was about as well executed as it could have been. It's by far the most comic book-y aspect of DD lore and even in the comics, writers have struggled to reconcile their presence with the otherwise relatively grounded tone.

Anyway, I don't know how much of a DD fan you are, but I've read more DD comics than I can count and love the character to pieces, and I was happy with the show. D'Onofrio's Kingpin voice was definitely silly to the point where I couldn't understand why nobody noticed and I was kind of hoping they would strike a better balance between the superhero and the courtroom stuff, but by and large they got it right and it was fun to watch. I really didn't think it was as hackneyed and predictable as you're describing, or at least not significantly more so than your average recent Marvel movie. I dunno.
Not much of a Daredevil fan; read some but never in a dedicated way. I'm aware of The Hand and Daredevil's relationship with Punisher and The Kingpin (admittedly, mostly because of following the Punisher) and I get that The Hand playing a part makes sense, but it was like six straight episodes of Daredevil beating up wave after wave of masked ninjas.

That being said, my issues were more to do with pacing, direction, how hacky the writing was (said with full knowledge that this is a show based on a comic book and graded on that scale), and above all the God awful acting. I can't think of an example of any single thing that happened on Daredevil that surprised me, and not a line of dialogue that moved any iota of emotion in me or didn't sound like it was lifted entirely from some Big Book of Cliche Writing. After watching Luke Cage and Jessica Jones I feel so much more justified in the position that the acting in Daredevil was community college level trash that was shot by friends on weekends, but lacking the charm of them actually being friends. If you didn't feel that way, then great ! I'm glad you enjoyed it and were able to get something out of it.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Luke Cage S01 - 7/10

Its biggest sin was that it was pretty cheesy, both when it intended to be and when it didn't, but overall it was still pretty good fun. I sometimes loved the style and how it was so obviously influenced by 70s martial arts movies and blacksploitation, although they do go a overboard sometimes really letting you in on exactly what they're doing; a little too often you feel like they're so excited about what's happening that they can't resist pulling the curtain back too far. The shit with Method Man was especially brutal and egregious. Still, besides those complaints I thought the acting was decent, and lightyears better than crappy Daredevil (besides Diamondback who overdid it), the pacing was excellent, the casting was just fantastic, and they really did a good job of telling the story.

Oh, one other complaint though because I'm generally a person who focuses on the negative, and this is across all the Marvel shows so far: man, these shows are not great at interesting sub-plots. Luke Cage was the best of them on this issue, but generally these shows are at their worst when they're not focused on the main thrust of the plot through the protagonist.