The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by The Schwartz »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
riley-o wrote:accomplished lots in NG+ including getting smough's soul and finally getting seath's tail fuck yeah

did you think O&S were far easier in NG+ than the first time through? it only took me about 4 tries, compared to 10+ the first. four kings took an embarrassing amount of time in NG+ though :fp: i can never predict which bosses will be easier or harder in NG+. i think i died more at the hands of the goddamn centipede demon than i did gwyn.

yea I beat gwyn in about 30 seconds of my first try on NG+

the guide tells you that magic is worst option for fighting him but I figured out that is one big fucking lie
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:getting seath's tail fuck yeah
Got any pointers? I've tried the strategy from the Wikidot page (stand in front of the crystal, let him destroy it, run around him when that stuns him, attack tail) about elevent bajillion times, and it won't work.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

thats pretty much it, and yea it does take a bajillion hits I've had better success but attacking further towards the base instead of just the tip
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

The Schwartz wrote:yea I beat gwyn in about 30 seconds of my first try on NG+

the guide tells you that magic is worst option for fighting him but I figured out that is one big fucking lie
beat him on my second try in NG+ using almost only magic... guide is definitely wrong about that. playing as human in the kiln is awesome though, nonstop invasions. i kinda wish i didn't beat him so quickly.

spacehamster: the second bonfire in dukes archives is good for summoning people, which makes getting the tail so easy you don't really need to try. no shame in doing that, especially with the long trek from the archives bonfire to his lair.

i've been using his sword now that i have the intelligence to wield it properly... upgrading it to +1 gives it an S intelligence scale, so it does pretty good damage and you can knock fools down or send them flying with the projectile heavy attacks. pretty good weapon
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

sorry i meant ornstein's soul, not smough's. my brain was a little frazzled last night. and no, O&S was by far the hardest boss fight of my NG+ playthrough. it actually sounds like i had the exact opposite experience to you; four kings this time was pff whatever (i went and did this early on to get into the covenant) but after finally beating O&S yesterday morning after getting brutalized by them a bunch of times saturday night i went into full-on hands in the air HERE WE ARE, BORN TO BE KINGS mode

i've only just now gotten all the awesome crystal spells for the first time but i have considerable intelligence ( 8) ) so i'm pretty pumped about trying them things out
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm a bit worried about doing that with some random asshole who may fuck it up for the entire playthrough, though. Hrmph.

I don't think I'll be able to get back into this game until the summer anyway, my baming time's been seriously reduced, and TW2's just shipped from Amazon, so... yeah. But I am gonna get that freaking platinum if it kills me.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

yea if online play wasn't such a failure I would help you out because it's really easy that way. I spent quite a bit of time helping people since Sheath was one of my favs. The sword is fucking awesome if you are a magic character but its one of those that has like 10 durability so it breaks after like 50 < hits so I usually just wear the ham ring and wield it as my secondary until I need to use it

with that and crystal homing, niggas be running scared
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

yeah, i'd help out too if it was possible to find the person you're looking for without trying to hop servers for a goddamn hour. i'm at about SL115 if anyone ever wants to try. but if you're with randoms, just use a homeward bone if seath is almost dead and no one has cut the tail off yet.

using some homeward bones in dukes archives is also a really good way to get covenant-related items if you need them. you can warp to the sunlight altar for the medals or the darkmoon altar for souvenir of reprisals, then bone yourself back to the archives and get to killing/helping. anor london is a good spot for that also (fuck the forest, it's full of cheap players).
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

spacehamster wrote:But I am gonna get that freaking platinum if it kills me.
i've been there
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

holy shit :tup: :tup:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Winnah. :tup: :tup:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

what did your final play time clock in at ? i'm at about 140 hours right now but i'd ballpark my idle time at about 40 hours including leaving the system on overnight a couple times and not realizing until after work the next day. i got the all spells trophy last night and i only need two pyromancies. i still need like a billion miracles though and even thinking about all the shit with the sunlight covenant is making me :fp: so bad..
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

i was at almost exactly 150, but probably closer to 135 not including idle time. i also spent a lot of time PVPing through my 2.5 playthroughs, so it's definitely doable in less time than that.

for sunlight miracles, just make sure you get the 3 medals in anor londo and the one from the dude in the church you set free before the gargoyle fight (after he's migrated back to firelink). since you need to get to anor londo on a third playthrough to use sif's soul anyway, that should be getting you close to 10. otherwise join the covenant and help some fools beat bosses.

IMO the two hardest things about the platinum, aside from the required 2.5ish playthroughs, was getting the channeler's trident (rare drop, had to kill like 80 of those guys in the archives) and the souvenirs of reprisal. supposedly you can farm those from the flying enemies in the painted world, but i just kept spamming the blue orb as i was progressing and invaded a lot of chumps who were at lower levels than me.

but nothing was close to as annoying as demon's souls trophies... i farmed for pure stones for so fucking long and just gave up :( thinking about trying again since the servers will soon go offline forever, but i don't know how many more hours i can waste running around 4-2
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

got the pyromancy trophy and finished siegmeyer's storyline right to the end tonight

don't open if you don't already know and don't want to know how that storyline ends
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
AFTER ALL THAT WORK HE FUCKING ENDS UP HOLLOW ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

c'mon big guy no

:cry: :cry: :cry:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Spooky Apparition wrote:the souvenirs of reprisal. supposedly you can farm those from the flying enemies in the painted world, but i just kept spamming the blue orb as i was progressing and invaded a lot of chumps who were at lower levels than me.
yeah this shit fucking sucks

i've gotten ONE

when i invaded a dude's world who was already in the middle of an online battle and he died right when i showed up

everyone else has had two summoned dudes with him

fucking so painful

just now discovered you can farm them pretty easily from crow demons and very thankful
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

I have been trying for an hour to jump the gap to the vendor atop Sen's Fortress, something I have done hundreds of times, and it is not fucking possible. I have felt since playing this again that they fucked up the speed of the character with the latest update and now it's impossible to reach the vendor because of it

WHAT THE FUCK
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

what do you need to get over there for ?
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

to buy all of the green titanite in the universe
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

you don't have anor londo dude unlocked yet ?
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

no because I can't beat the boss in Sen's Fortress because I can't jump the fucking gap to kill ogre tossing those fireballs either

this is some shit right here
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

no arrows ?! there's a ton of sniper spots to kill that gentleman
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Arrows? yea right get real, also this is about the principle of a jump that was easily obtainable before
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i actually find the jump a lot easier now after the update..
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

yea well if you don't kill that guy then he is repeatedly throwing fire on your ass the entire boss fight
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

my character literally jumps downward