The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by guardianoftheblind »

moving in with GF and roomate. basic cost of living (rent, cell phone, car insurance; everything else is paid for) will only be around $300 and everything else (food, etc.) i split with sweaty
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

seriously Dead Island?

clear out the police station, only to go back to the church, and the newest side mission is some dude saying "hey, can you go back to the police station for me?"

jesus fucking christ
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

guardianoftheblind wrote:seriously Dead Island?

clear out the police station, only to go back to the church, and the newest side mission is some dude saying "hey, can you go back to the police station for me?"

jesus fucking christ
oh my favorite was church -> sewer -> town hall -> sewer -> grocery store -> sewer -> town hall -> sewer -> church

i mean... christ.

if it's any consolation, the third area is waaaaay better, except for the quest markers being misleading
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Friendly Goatus wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:no, i noticed it on the ps3 version when i was playing a few minutes ago. can't say i care though. usually i do something fun during loading screens, like pet my cat or take a sip of a 40.
Wow, shit. I played the PS3 version too and never saw that. Must be new.
It came with the latest patch. Kind of fitting for the game, though.

I want Gears but by the time I finally get a job and get settled in, I'll be too far behind for mp. Oct. 4th is approaching and my backlog is going to swell even more. Fuck.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i just watched some vids on horde 2.0 and beat mode (locust horde mode). shit looks LEGIT.

i am going to give MP a solid chance this time around considering they have an actual deathmatch. it used be to ala counter strike: die once and you have to wait until the next round. not cool. but i still think horde mode and MP matches with friends versus bots will be the best part
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

finish it and trade it in. you can still get like $30 probably with bonuses
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

guardianoftheblind wrote:i just watched some vids on horde 2.0 and beat mode (locust horde mode). shit looks LEGIT.

i am going to give MP a solid chance this time around considering they have an actual deathmatch. it used be to ala counter strike: die once and you have to wait until the next round. not cool. but i still think horde mode and MP matches with friends versus bots will be the best part
It does look really fun. I like all the upgrades and improvements for Horde mode. The biggest thing they needed to fix was the matchmaking. I gave up on GOW2 mp after taking anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes to get in a game.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

i think gears will be the next game i actually play.

before this, i think portal 2 was the last game i bought on release day and finished.
i like to dissect women
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

You guys should look into renting -hth
ImageImageImage
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

copstache wrote:
guardianoftheblind wrote:seriously Dead Island?

jesus fucking christ
oh my favorite was church -> sewer -> town hall -> sewer -> grocery store -> sewer -> town hall -> sewer -> church

i mean... christ.

if it's any consolation, the third area is waaaaay better, except for the quest markers being misleading

The police station crap drove me mad. I thought I had to go back through the sewers to get back into the police station. I don't know how much time I wasted down there trying to find my way back. I had to ask on a forum how to get back inside and wouldn't you know I spent some time trying to jump over the very fence that let's you in if you hit the button.

At least the sewers were kind of fun to run through. I like the open spaces of the island but I think one thing this game does really well is the enclosed areas. You have zombies hiding right behind doors and sneaking around corners. If you don't watch everything you can get attacked from behind.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

TheDOAD wrote:
guardianoftheblind wrote:finish it and trade it in. you can still get like $30 probably with bonuses
Im trying!! Im trying!!! Ill shop er around. Amazon seems to be paying big bucks on trades nowadays.
forget amazon dude. they're offering $11 for deus ex 360. you could list that on half.com for $30+ and it'd sell within a few days for sure. they take a small cut but reimburse you for shipping so it's all good. still way more money than gamestop/amazon will give you.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

after getting a ways into the 3rd act in Dead Island, it's playing MUCH better, as i was told it would.

i guess it's just the crappy 2nd act that ruins everything
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

that picture of doug makes me sad...i lost, or someone stole, my pair of glasses like he's wearing.
i like to dissect women
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

guardianoftheblind wrote:after getting a ways into the 3rd act in Dead Island, it's playing MUCH better, as i was told it would.

i guess it's just the crappy 2nd act that ruins everything

It's been mentioned before but sometimes in act 2, man fucking crazy. Just trying to walk through the city is a nightmare, so many zombies. You'll get a few rushes like that in act 3 but no where near as many as in the city.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i gave up in the city and just ran past everything. jungle is much more enjoyable
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

also, while playing in the jungle, i've realized that somewhere in some distant, alien galaxy, Far Cry 2 could have been a good game...
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

ok, the 3rd act of Dead Island is fucking awesome. it's where the game really shines for me.

does anyone else think the gunplay is surprisingly awesome and that multiplayer could be a lot of fun if they had it?
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

guardianoftheblind wrote:ok, the 3rd act of Dead Island is fucking awesome. it's where the game really shines for me.

does anyone else think the gunplay is surprisingly awesome and that multiplayer could be a lot of fun if they had it?

I think the guns feel really good and they sound amazing. But every game doesn't need multiplayer and I'm glad this one only has co-op.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

can't freaking wait for Phantasy Star Online 2 to come out.. Played the first one on Dreamcast so much when it came out.. and all the Universe games have sucked since.. this one is back to the original style.. I hope they have globalized servers like the first one too.. but I doubt it..

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngCHmG0 ... r_embedded<
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

nothing to play right now since i got $35 for Dead Island ( 8) ) so i'm going to finish Episode 2. should have done this a long time ago
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

OH MY GOD I FORGOT HOW MUCH I HATE THESE THINGS

guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

hey PissGeoff you should get it and we can play online!
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

guardianoftheblind wrote:OH MY GOD I FORGOT HOW MUCH I HATE THESE THINGS

they're not that hard to kill and they can't actually kill you so...
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.