The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

Well now. Threw Battlefield 3 on the old PS3. Maybe it's because I've been looking at a game from 1998 as of late, but it is damn fine looking. I've been reading all this shit about how it was just on par with any other average console game. Bullshit, it's up there with Crysis and Killzone and such. .And maybe it's because I've been playing a game from 1998 as of late, but the actual game play is uninspired and slightly boring. Fucking modern shooting gallery FPS suck compared to proper corridor FPS. I said it.

So, I turned that game off, and put Shogo back on. Happily, the game decided to reward me with being able to shoot a little Japanese school girl in the face with an Uzi until her body exploded and her backpack got stuck into a wall with a pool of blood coagulating all around it. It was a no nothing scenario in the scheme of things, but having some shit like that in a console game now a days would have had some kind of media hoopla, I'm sure.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

:|
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

“Go fucking cry in a river and tell me about how you’re going to slit your wrists, you Night Elf faggot”
ahahahah also- the solo
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Oddly enough vampires don't bother me (in video games, that is) since I can't really recall ever playing a game where I fight any aside from Castlevania and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Now, zombies get the old :wank: from me now. Poor mummies get no love.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Let's see some fucking mummies already.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:Haha-- even the PS3 Exclusive dicks suck Colin Moriarty over at IGN gave the new Infamous DLC a 7.5

Hey guys-- it's got VAMPIRES in it! :wank: And is barely over an hour for ten bucks!
I can't see myself going back to that game, DLC or not.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote: It was a huge disappointment for me. I sold it pretty quick after I beat it. While there were a couple things better than the original in terms of control, over-all, I think the first one is a much more fun game and I don't get why so many people think 2 is vastly superior to one. Just one man's opinion.
It wasn't a huge disappointment for me or anything, I just thought it suffered from some of the typical things that I usually hate about sandbox games. Mostly the endlessly plodding storyline that seems to be going nowhere. The first one was just far better written. I think the only thing I liked better about the I2 story was that Zeke somehow isn't an irritating fuckwit in every scene he's in anymore. But that "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M FROM DE BAYOU MON" chick made up for that three times over.

Plus the way the game just seemed to ramp up the difficulty by throwing bigger and bigger mobs of enemies at you, and recycling its bosses as minibosses. That's just lazy design.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote: And they were really annoying, time-consuming mini-bosses that I was sick of after the first time I fought them. And the upgrade system sucked compared to the first one which was quick and easy.
Yeah, I forgot about both of those things... especially the mini boss battles, they just weren't any fun. And QTEs? Bleh.

Like I said, I didn't hate it or anything, but when I finished the first one, I started my second playthrough like five minutes later, and this one I haven't even touched since.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

I never played the full game, just the demo, but I dare say there's probably mummies in this one:
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:I never played the full game, just the demo, but I dare say there's probably mummies in this one:
I YouTube'd it. Egyptian themed FPS... I'd play it if I could.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Skyrim has leaked so be careful with spoilers from here on out.

PC piracy is killing the industry! Oh, what a world, what a world!
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:I never played the full game, just the demo, but I dare say there's probably mummies in this one:
This is Powerslave. Powerslave fucking ruled. Gonna download the shit out of this if I can find it.

Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Gunther wrote:
This is Powerslave. Powerslave fucking ruled. Gonna download the shit out of this if I can find it.

If you can find it, let me know.
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

it's doom, but KING RAMSES THE 2ND or something talks to you a bunch and you kill everything.

demonoid didn't have it so i fell asleep last night. I WILL FIND THAT GAME SOMEWHERE. and hope that it doesn't suck compared to my view of it as a 10 year old.
Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Yeah, I picked up Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines super cheap. I probably still have it on disk somewhere, but I like to get these games off steam for prosperity sake. Especially since Geoff reminded my of it last week.

I forgot Shogo has multiple endings, and different levels depending on a certain choice later on. Well, I do believe I'm playing to an ending I didn't see back in the day, so that's good. I also think I'm mere minutes away from beating it, and that's even better.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

yeah i said pretty much the same thing a page or two ago. i was thinking about picking it up but honestly i'm pretty video gamed out at this point, skyrim's out in two weeks, and i still have more than enough gaming between batman and dark souls
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

riley-o wrote:yeah i said pretty much the same thing a page or two ago. i was thinking about picking it up but honestly i'm pretty video gamed out at this point, skyrim's out in two weeks, and i still have more than enough gaming between batman and dark souls
How are you liking Batman thus far?

I just finished Dark Souls last night so I am just dipping my toes in now...
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

doomeddisciple wrote:How are you liking Batman thus far?
i beat it a few nights ago; i wasn't wowed honestly. it was fun and there were a few good moments; a few surprise bosses and decent level design. i'd give it like a 7.5 probably. flying around the city was the best part of the game for sure.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

they did make little improvements that i like and there were great moments
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
clayface & solomon grundy's surprise appearances, the bane parts, the ra's al ghul fight, talia's ass
but i'm just not that interested in playing it anymore and toward the end i was ready to quit playing it before even beating it because it just sort of got so samey
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Found myself playing modern warfare 2 the other night and realised I'd be getting modern warfare 3.

Mixed emotions were and are being had.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Gonna hook up the old NES and try to beat Super Mario Bros this weekend.

Sucks that I was much more talented at this shit over 20 years ago than I can even wish to be now.
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat