Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Necrometer wrote: Image
http://www.slashfilm.com/alejandro-jodo ... skys-dune/

I need to see this.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

To show the process of illumination of a hero, then a people, then a whole planet (which in its turn is the Messiah of the Universe since by giving up its orbit, the holy planet leaves to spread its light throughout all the galaxies)…

I did not want to respect the novel, I wanted to recreate it. For me Dune did not belong to Herbert as Don Quixote did not belong to Cervantes, nor Edipo with Esquilo.

In my version of Dune, the Emperor of the galaxy is insane. He lives on an artificial gold planet, in a gold palace built according to not-laws of antilogical. He lives in symbiosis with a robot identical to him. The resemblance is so perfect that the citizens never know if they are opposite the man or the machine…

In my version, the spice is a blue drug with spongy consistency filled with a vegetable-animal life endowed with consciousness, the highest level of consciousness. It does not stop taking all kinds of forms, while stirring up unceasingly. The spice continuously produces the creation of the innumerable universes.
:theylive:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Eyes Wide Shut - 5
Kurt Russell's Beard
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Kurt Russell's Beard »

Rubber - 2/10
Aliens - 9/10
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

Szamanka - 8
L'amour braque - 8
La femme publique - 6
Cronos - 3
Black Swan - 4
Last edited by Liam Spengler on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

the girl with the dragon tattoo - 4/10. went into this knowing absolutely nothing other than that it involved some murders. good enough acting and some individual scenes were really intense, but other than that i thought it was really boring and ineffective either as a mystery or as a story about two people forming a relationship (which came out of nowhere and i guess was supposed to be meaningful based on how the movie ended?).

i've never watched a 160-minute movie and taken less away from it or been less moved/interested than i was with this. my gf loved the book and said the movie dwells on stuff that wasn't important in the book and glosses over more important things. bleh.

also maybe the worst product placement in a supposedly serious movie i've ever seen.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Shutter Island - 10/10

Personal high point: Ted Levine as the Gestapo warden.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

come on, Mike

Tangled 2/8 [most of it on cable] last year I dumped a girl with atrocious movie taste, and this was a recent cinematic standout for her... she saw it twice in the theater I think? anyway this movie sucking shit was vindicating
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

shutter island was at best a high 6 low 7
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

verily, opinion can only go so far
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Bad Teacher 6/10 There were a few laughs... stupid fucking story overall.

also this:
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Stir Crazy - 9

assault and mirage
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by assault and mirage »

submarine - 6.5
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Swing Time - 8/10

The lady has been on a big Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers kick lately. I've been enjoying this stuff much more than I had expected I would. The comedy holds up big time, which is honestly fucking amazes me. Until about a year ago I would vomit blood in rage anytime I thought about singing and dancing in any movie ever, and although I've loosened up about that quite a bit, I really can't stand a lot of the musical interludes in a lot of this stuff. Points off for that reason alone. It's not the worst ever, especially with the way it's presented visually (actually really cool to see instead of a time-filler) but I just don't dig the tunes themselves.

I've made her watch Love and Death already, but I'm hoping that if I stay receptive to this stuff, I might be able to get her to choke down some Woody Allen/Diane Keaton stuff in the near future.

Probably not. Fuck
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Paris, Texas (1983)

4 of 10 cans of banana milk

yeah, a work of art on the screen for sure...and semi interesting in places, but FUCK this cuntfaced director for jacking off for 3 hours of a story that could have been edited to an hour and 20 minutes.

Says Kurt Cobain claimed this his favorite movie ever. Figures he kilt himself, if this is the pinnacle of his movie watching experience.

Texas looks neat I suppose, but would rather main character based on Umesh and bug rather than this dullard tale.

The whole tale? A guy doesn't say nothing for 2 hours, then find out he has a kid and fucked the kids mother and eventually the mother meets the kid. The End.

:tdown:
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

The Girl with the Dragon Tatto - 6/10

might be a 7 if the ending didn't feel completely tacked on. that could be the source material's fault, but then fuck the material, too. some interesting characters, a little political and economic intrigue, plus historical drama, wrapped up in a pretty cool mystery, resolved unceremoniously, all for the purpose of giving us THAT ending? i get the impression Herr Direktor didn't know where to go with all the criss-crossing plot elements, so he just set out the best parts as well as he could and hoped for some kind of cinema magic. he almost got there. the middle portion of the movie rules. but somewhere the movie shifted gears, almost stalled, and then puttered along to a resolution I didn't give a flying fuck about.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
i wanted more detective work, and a little more focus on motivation and psychological development - all that hacking and impossible evidence discovery pissed me off. i get that she has a photographic memory, but how in the fuck did she unravel in a day what nobody had ever discovered in numerous years? and how the fuck did the daughter start making connections before anyone else even knew there was a problem? i know the father bragged about the murders, but when and where did the details emerge for her? lots of cool shit left out, some pretty stupid shit tossed in.

but the Enya bit counts as cool shit. I :theylive: 'd and :lol: 'd
i hope the other books make up for that bullshit, because it doesn't stand on its own.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

fellowship of the ring 8.5/10. still awesome.
formerly ghost boner
NANOplague
I'm not very smart.

Post by NANOplague »

Louis C.K. "Hilarious - 5.
I like his material, but in this he kinda came across a bit naggy and bitchy. It was
kinda like he took Carlin's latter material about spoiled, fat, rich, white, entitled people and stretched it thin
over the length of the special.
"Infidel defilers... they shall all drown in lakes of blood." ~ Thulsa Doom
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Win Win 8/10 Pretty much the best family-centered dramedy you're going to get, I guess?
Hotchka!
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Hotchka! »

coraline - 5
attack the block - 2
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

post-prevention post
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

mildred pierce - 7
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Hotchka! wrote:coraline - 5
How can you do this to me? I think that that movie should have at least 4 more points for the word 'fussbucket' alone.

As for Jame's night:

Sleeper - 10/10 fucking amazing forever, great success
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

james wrote:
How can you do this to me?
Hotchka!
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Hotchka! »

james wrote:
How can you do this to me? I think that that movie should have at least 4 more points for the word 'fussbucket' alone.
thats actually a greatly improved score for me upon rewatching it. I especially wanted to post it now since I gave attack the block the score of 2 which I'd previously given to coraline. I've watched at least 5 movies since Ive rewatched it so its not really that fresh. I will say that John Hodgman gave possibly the single worst vocal performance in animation history, specifically as her real father. as the other father there are obviously some conceits with the whole zombie behavior. also, horrible character designs, absolutely abysmally banal. the kids camera mask was the only thing even remotely interesting. the film was originally intended to be live action and it shows.