Pisscubes/Molester's Official MLB Thread NOW WITH '11!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Re: Pisscubes/Molester Stallone's Official 2009 MLB Thread

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Wait, I was trying to jofa-drool myself!!! I don't think I'd make first ballot Asshall of Fame though...
No Cunting Elves
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

Pisscubes wrote:Curt Schilling is on the show today, co-hosting

:roll: X one bajillion
The Torsion wrote:Reading this thread always reminds me how little I have in common with most of you.
hipster holocaust wrote:It's still pretty baffling how popular The Downward Spiral got when keeping in mind how shitty and unlistenable it is
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

the cubs got their own movie with this guy

EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

Don't know if anyone cares, but this blogger tested a theory about Matt Holliday's much-maligned home/road splits and came up with some super interesting numbers that bode well for a sea-level Matt Holliday this year.

http://www.baybridgebaseball.com/2009/0 ... iment.html
DifferentPlanet
Privilege of Evil

Post by DifferentPlanet »

People actually like the Red Sox? I thought all they had were bandwagon douchebags that didn't know baseball existed before 2004. Thats been my experience, anyway. Whenever they play here in Toronto, all of the douchebags in Boston seem to follow.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Wow, I hadn't realized that Varitek was set to make so much money through arbitration. He didn't have such a hot offensive season in 2008.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

All I know is the Gas House Gorillas are long over due for a winning season.
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

My Pirates just locked up our best pitcher for the next 3 years:
Pirates, LHP Maholm avoid hearing

Left-hander Paul Maholm avoided an arbitration hearing by agreeing Friday to a $14.5 million, three-year contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates, who also finalized a $1.5 million, one-year deal with free-agent utilityman Eric Hinske.

Maholm's agreement locks him up through his remaining arbitration years and includes a club option for 2012. He was the most effective starter on a 95-loss Pirates team last season, going 9-9 with a 3.71 ERA in 31 starts.

He receives $3.5 million this season, $4.5 million in 2010 and $5.75 million in 2011. Pittsburgh holds a $9.75 million option for 2012 with a $750,000 buyout, and the option price can escalate to $11.05 million based on his performance.

Pittsburgh had offered Maholm $2.65 million in arbitration and he had countered with $3.8 million. Maholm went through a mandatory physical on Friday.

The 26-year-old Maholm, a first-round pick in the 2003 amateur draft, is 30-35 with a 4.30 ERA in 96 career games -- all starts, and all with Pittsburgh
I'm glad we got our only sub 4.00 ERA pitcher back

:cry:
:beer:
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

I hear it's a torn elbow flexor tendon (whatever that is).

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... Id=rss_mlb

Harsh bummer, for sure. Might explain why GMs have been allergic to him, I think a lot felt that his medical reports were scary.
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

Pisscubes wrote:Cassel was just franchised. This is a lot earlier than I thought would happen. I thought they'd take a week or two to get the vibe for what was out there as far as trades go. Maybe this means they have a very good idea of what they can get and from whom...
Wrong Thread
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

Pisscubes wrote:
jakebonz wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:Cassel was just franchised. This is a lot earlier than I thought would happen. I thought they'd take a week or two to get the vibe for what was out there as far as trades go. Maybe this means they have a very good idea of what they can get and from whom...
Wrong Thread

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
You've been making mistakes like this a lot lately. Something wrong? Fat Bitch at Work getting to you?
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

Pisscubes wrote:
jakebonz wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
jakebonz wrote:
Wrong Thread

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
You've been making mistakes like this a lot lately. Something wrong? Fat Bitch at Work getting to you?
Honestly? Someone stole my ADD meds out of my bag and I won't be able to replace them until I meet again with my doc. :ax:
Oh, yes, you mentioned that...
metal5411
I hate my life.

Post by metal5411 »

Pisscubes wrote:
DifferentPlanet wrote:People actually like the Red Sox? I thought all they had were bandwagon douchebags that didn't know baseball existed before 2004. Thats been my experience, anyway. Whenever they play here in Toronto, all of the douchebags in Boston seem to follow.
:what:

Baseball has always been religion here. You just noticed it nationally when they won and a ton of idiots jumped on the bandwagon. Ever notice how many more Yankees fans seemed to "come out of the wood work" in the 90s? That doesn't mean New York wasn't already a huge baseball town.
Actually, if we're calling spades "spades" here... you noticed it a lot more LOCALLY, as well, since 2004. I can't tell you how many fucking assholes around here jumped on that bandwagon... the Red Sox where always big, but never even close to this big. Every shithead who absent mindedly roots for New England sports because they are from here went out and got themselves 2 jerseys and a hat and acted like they'd been fans all along. I mean, have you ever seen this many fucking PINK BASEBALL HATS in your life?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
This post brought to you by the Care Association of America.
krudmonk wrote:Just fuck a robot that looks like her. It's Japan, retard.
monsterod wrote:Look, I'd rather be riding a rocket-propelled wild boar through space with a bottle of Maker's getting a blowjob from Mrs. Snozzberries. But at this point, I'd be satisfied with a brisk trot down the street from a common sow.
Cribdeath
Certified False.

Post by Cribdeath »

DifferentPlanet wrote:People actually like the Red Sox? I thought all they had were bandwagon douchebags that didn't know baseball existed before 2004. Thats been my experience, anyway. Whenever they play here in Toronto, all of the douchebags in Boston seem to follow.
Are Luke and Mollester Stallone co-teaching a "Boston Pro Sports Ad Hominems and Strawmen 201" class up there in Canada now?? Jesus Fucking Christ.
Mike Green wrote:I'd never donate a single dime of my wife's money to these retards.
BattletweeteR (2:22:07 AM): evening
Clint666Carr (2:22:11 AM): hey battletard
Father of Lies23 (2:22:28 AM): whoa its tweeter
katiealmaktoum (2:22:28 AM): Fucking Mia'd.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

I talk trash liberally about the Red Sox, but fact is I would love to see a game at Fenway, and I'll take the Sox over the Yankees any day. Also, I really like the city of Boston and wouldn't mind living there. It's just that living on the West Coast, I got a duty to hate.
Caverjection
Soul of the Martyr

Post by Caverjection »

Pisscubes wrote:
Molester Stallone wrote:
krudmonk wrote:I hope the Yankees win even though I hate them.
Hahahahaha.. I feel the exact same way. I can't explain it except for I just hate the Red Sox more.
I get why people hate the Red Sox, I just can't see how you can hate them MORE than the Yankees.
I hate the Yankees. Everyone with a brain does. I don't hate Boston. I DO hate the new Boston bandwagon fans as well as Cap'n Crunch or whatever the fuck his name is. I'm standing behind my Devil Rays. It will be interesting to see how all that money they spend up there in the northeast does against honest hard work and good coaching.

I'm not saying we didn't blow the series. I was ashamed. But we did it with one of the absolute CHEAPEST teams. We have a great team built from the ground up. I just hope we can keep it together.
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

If Andruw would get in shape and stop eating bacon all fucking day he'd still be an all-star. All that's wrong with him is laziness. And the knee problem from last year, but I'm pretty sure that came from fatness.
Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
Cribdeath
Certified False.

Post by Cribdeath »

Caverjection wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
Molester Stallone wrote:
krudmonk wrote:I hope the Yankees win even though I hate them.
Hahahahaha.. I feel the exact same way. I can't explain it except for I just hate the Red Sox more.
I get why people hate the Red Sox, I just can't see how you can hate them MORE than the Yankees.
I hate the Yankees. Everyone with a brain does. I don't hate Boston. I DO hate the new Boston bandwagon fans as well as Cap'n Crunch or whatever the fuck his name is. I'm standing behind my Devil Rays.
So with that, do you also hate more than 3/4 of your new bandwagon fanbase brethren in Tampa/St. Pete?? The Rays couldn't bring in 40k fans for a 3 game series at the Trop in September against the Angels pitting the top 2 teams in MLB, record-wise. And now, its as if the second Game 5 of the WS ended, everyone put away their Rays gear until April. And since you're probably new and all, they're not the Devil Rays anymore. You owe the team $1.
Caverjection wrote:It will be interesting to see how all that money they spend up there in the northeast does against honest hard work and good coaching.

Ummm, I think you found out during the World Series, no?? Anyways, I can't wait to see what lazy, fake work and horrible coaching does against the "Woe is me/Nobody Respects Us/Little Engine That Could" Rays. Should be interesting. :roll:
Mike Green wrote:I'd never donate a single dime of my wife's money to these retards.
BattletweeteR (2:22:07 AM): evening
Clint666Carr (2:22:11 AM): hey battletard
Father of Lies23 (2:22:28 AM): whoa its tweeter
katiealmaktoum (2:22:28 AM): Fucking Mia'd.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

godofdeadlydeath
O.G. Interwebber

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

'Cubes is right about the baseball and the football thing. I was always a Patriots fan since I was a kid, hell, I got enjoyment out of watching them blow big games and lose on a consistent basis. Once Bledsoe entered the fold, I noticed a lot more bandwagon fans, and they dropped off once Parcells jumped ship. Slowly throughout the 2001 season people started acting as if they'd been Pats fans their whole lives, which irritated me to no end, but I don't really care. It's a fucking sports team. It's not like the team "sold out" by winning championships, and it's not like people aren't allowed to follow them if they're winning. It's a lot more fun to watch a winning team, for sure, but it's even better when you've been following them losing for so long (see also: Celtics of 2006/07 to 2007/08. If you followed both seasons, then obviously 2007/08 was far more rewarding).
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://linktr.ee/unharrowed
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Of course Boston has been big on baseball for a very long time, as with New York. It's pretty much why the Red Sox / Yankees rivalry still exists. Both cities take their baseball teams very seriously.
godofdeadlydeath
O.G. Interwebber

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Pisscubes wrote:
godofdeadlydeath wrote:'Cubes is right about the baseball and the football thing. I was always a Patriots fan since I was a kid, hell, I got enjoyment out of watching them blow big games and lose on a consistent basis. Once Bledsoe entered the fold, I noticed a lot more bandwagon fans, and they dropped off once Parcells jumped ship. Slowly throughout the 2001 season people started acting as if they'd been Pats fans their whole lives, which irritated me to no end, but I don't really care. It's a fucking sports team. It's not like the team "sold out" by winning championships, and it's not like people aren't allowed to follow them if they're winning. It's a lot more fun to watch a winning team, for sure, but it's even better when you've been following them losing for so long (see also: Celtics of 2006/07 to 2007/08. If you followed both seasons, then obviously 2007/08 was far more rewarding).
I agree 100%. You also have to back me up on this: This has ALWAYS been a baseball town. I think it's totally unfair to invalidate a huge tradition of baseball in this town just because now there are also bandwagon fans.
Oh, without a doubt. There have always been die-hard Red Sox fans that watched or listened to the radio for every single game of the season, my grandfather and great uncle being some of them, and my great uncle lived in Texas. There are a lot more die-hards now, and I'd even say that most of these bandwagon jumpers are life-long fans. I wasn't always a die-hard Sox fan, I'll admit. I followed them always, and was excited in the 90s when they had a few good runs, but I didn't become really obsessed with them until I was about 17 or 18, and baseball seemed a lot less boring to me around that time, too. I think baseball requires a lot of patience and maturity. I was about 17 when they got Manny, and I've been a die-hard since then, pretty much, and it's not like I'm going to stop watching them when they suck.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://linktr.ee/unharrowed
The Wages of Ben
INSIDE FISH STICKS, OUTSIDE TARTAR SAUCE

Post by The Wages of Ben »

Fantasy baseball registration is open. 8 team roto league.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... /reeelapse

League Name: The House that Roids Built
ID # 45427
password: reeelapse

If you sign up and don't check your team, I'll bench your entire team so that you don't gain any stats.
Black Jacques wrote:fuck that man. I'm not messin' with no giant corn...
dreweq wrote:clasping em like they were pages of the pelican brief she was gonna use to solve a fuckin nancy drew murder mystery or something.
ImageImage
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Molester Stallone wrote:
The Cubs have similar douchebag "fans" across the country.
:brokenheart:
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Molester Stallone wrote:
The Schwartz wrote:
Molester Stallone wrote:
The Cubs have similar douchebag "fans" across the country.
:brokenheart:
Dude, you cannot deny this.

The "bro" factor at the games I've been to at Wrigley are off the charts. They think it's some kind of party, but I've never even seen anyone puke outside the stadium ever.

I know and it can give you the douche chills but I really haven't encountered as many "bro" factors sitting in the bleachers and really the only place you want to sit

The worst day of my life was actually behind the first base line at Wrigley having to listen to 3 affliction t shirt wearing grease heads talk about their fantasy baseballs teams for 9 straight innings only to after the game call Zambrano a "faggot" and continually boo him for pitching a complete game 2-1 loss

*shudders*