Why is it so difficult for us to be nice to each other?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Re: Why is it so difficult for us to be nice to each other?

Post by Introvert »

Necrometer wrote:
John Jr. wrote:i mean you're aware that trite is an adverb, yes?
HAHAHAHAHA
tritely?
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Necrometer wrote:Is simply being jaded a stance now?
I... what? I dunno, maybe I have unreasonable expectations when it comes to other people's reading comprehension skills, but I thought it was pretty clear what I wanted to say with that post (and Phritz obviously got it, although he stubbornly refuses to address it with anything other than emoticons), and it's not that I'm "jaded". I just don't think the anti-masculinity trend in western media culture is something that can be stopped (evidence being reactions like Phritz's), so it's not really worth getting all worked up about either, it's just the truth and I reserve the right to point and laugh at people who are in denial about it.

I do think that democracy has failed, Western culture is dead and the human race will wipe itself off the earth if not in our lifetime, then definitely in that of our children. That's my considered opinion, and just because I'm not lamenting it on my knees shaking my fist at the heavens 24/7 doesn't mean I'm jaded. I find it incredibly frustrating that our species refuses to achieve its potential out of what appears to be nothing but sheer laziness, but I also don't make it a habit to get agitated about things I can't change. I have plenty of stuff I actually can change to get all worked up about in my life. But the big stuff? Fuck the human race.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

spacehamster wrote: I do think that democracy has failed, Western culture is dead and the human race will wipe itself off the earth if not in our lifetime, then definitely in that of our children.
You see...this is one reason I like you...
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

...and once again Soiled fatass Depends puts his low self esteem on display.
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

spacehamster wrote:
Necrometer wrote:Is simply being jaded a stance now?
I... what? I dunno, maybe I have unreasonable expectations when it comes to other people's reading comprehension skills, but I thought it was pretty clear what I wanted to say with that post (and Phritz obviously got it, although he stubbornly refuses to address it with anything other than emoticons), and it's not that I'm "jaded". I just don't think the anti-masculinity trend in western media culture is something that can be stopped (evidence being reactions like Phritz's), so it's not really worth getting all worked up about either, it's just the truth and I reserve the right to point and laugh at people who are in denial about it.
i don't really want to go there again, i like my internet nice and mellow these days and don't feel much like arguing. also i think the topic is so stupid - even though you're usually, except concerning vegarianism of course, right about stuff and far from stupid; it just makes me wonder each time how a belief so asinine got rooted so deeply in your otherwise smart brains - that it doesn't deserve more than ridicule, emoticons and half-sentences.
rīdoonrīmenbā
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Phritz wrote: i don't really want to go there again
"again"? You've never presented anything even remotely like a reasoned argument when it comes to this. Everytime I say something you perceive as "sexist" (or whatever the problem is, you've never really clearly said even that), you instantly resort to heckling, eye-rolling and guffawing. It never fails, and the only thing it proves is that a) you haven't spent even one second thinking about any of this and b) I'm exactly right in saying people like you are the reason why this is a trend that can't be stopped:
doesn't deserve more than ridicule, emoticons and half-sentences.
i.e. you and most everyone else believe that it's so self-evident that we live in a bad evil patriarchy and men are to blame for everything that's wrong with the world that there's really no need to discuss it any more than you'd discuss whether the sun rises in the East.

Or in terms you can understand: haw haw qed rofl pwnt.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

spacehamster wrote:
"again"? You've never presented anything even remotely like a reasoned argument when it comes to this. Everytime I say something you perceive as "sexist" (or whatever the problem is, you've never really clearly said even that), you instantly resort to heckling, eye-rolling and guffawing. It never fails, and the only thing it proves is that a) you haven't spent even one second thinking about any of this and b) I'm exactly right in saying people like you are the reason why this is a trend that can't be stopped:
i.e. you and most everyone else believe that it's so self-evident that we live in a bad evil patriarchy and men are to blame for everything that's wrong with the world that there's really no need to discuss it any more than you'd discuss whether the sun rises in the East.

:moreawesome:
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

noah thirteen wrote: played......
Great job hipster!
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

spacehamster wrote:

sorry, but you refusing to acknowledge anything which goes against your little theory is no material for fruitful discussions. please keep calling me a "vielbumser" again or "knee deep in vagina" (didn't you say something like this the last time?) or say that i believe we live in an "evil patriarchy".

i'll grant you that masculinity is not really on the upswing right now in our society. but so what? we've had so many centuries of the opposite, we'll survive a few years of you not living your masculinity to the max.

the fact that you are looking for validation in this thread from the idiot Morpheus and your butthurt reactions to a rape-joke from Amelia shows rather clearly that you are grasping for straws to confirm your little theory. i mean, you refuse to find "married with children" funny, because the male characters are portrayed in an unfairly way. does it get any more desperate than that?

noah thirteen wrote:I will say this here an now as well: Phritz following around spacehamster every time he says anything is fucking played......
i'm not following around anybody. it's been months since we last had this stupid discussion. his little "estro gestapo" pet peeve is just way too dumb to ignore.
rīdoonrīmenbā
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Phritz wrote: sorry, but you refusing to acknowledge anything which goes against your little theory is no material for fruitful discussions. please keep calling me a "vielbumser" again or "knee deep in vagina" (didn't you say something like this the last time?) or say that i believe we live in an "evil patriarchy".
Well, gee, Lucy, I'm sorry, but if you're going to hurl insult after insult my way without ever clearly explaining your own position or even what part of mine you have a problem with, I'll eventually have to start making assumptions. Now go scratch someone else's eyes out, I don't talk to people who can't form a coherent thought.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

Introvert wrote:
Necrometer wrote:
John Jr. wrote:i mean you're aware that trite is an adverb, yes?
HAHAHAHAHA
tritely?
I also omitted a heartily chuckle at this era.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Phritz wrote:i'll grant you that masculinity is not really on the upswing right now in our society. but so what? we've had so many centuries of the opposite, we'll survive a few years of you not living your masculinity to the max.
+one million

the most typical form of blatant "masculinity" is largely a response to hidden fears - I'll not mourn its passing
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

you're advocating the flying spaghetti monster theory of gender interaction and i'm the one who has to disprove it? well, i think i know this exact course of discussion from somewhere else. are you going to cite another Sex and the City episode as proof for your world view?
rīdoonrīmenbā
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

this gender discussion is really boringly
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

Necrometer wrote:
Phritz wrote:i'll grant you that masculinity is not really on the upswing right now in our society. but so what? we've had so many centuries of the opposite, we'll survive a few years of you not living your masculinity to the max.
+one million

the most typical form of blatant "masculinity" is largely a response to hidden fears - I'll not mourn its passing

Didn't you call me and folk metal faggy?
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

I agree, agnosticism is the way to go.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:
Necrometer wrote:
+one million

Didn't you call me and folk metal faggy?
If folk metal = the new masculinity, sign me up for the cock guillotine.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

spacehamster wrote:
Phritz wrote:sorry, but you refusing to acknowledge anything which goes against your little theory is no material for fruitful discussions. please keep calling me a "vielbumser" again or "knee deep in vagina" (didn't you say something like this the last time?) or say that i believe we live in an "evil patriarchy".
Well, gee, Lucy, I'm sorry, but if you're going to hurl insult after insult my way without ever clearly explaining your own position or even what part of mine you have a problem with, I'll eventually have to start making assumptions. Now go scratch someone else's eyes out, I don't talk to people who can't form a coherent thought.
Man, this guy is REALLY a warrior for sexism!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Phritz wrote:you're advocating the flying spaghetti monster theory of gender interaction and i'm the one who has to disprove it?
What? Okay, now I really don't know what the fuck you're talking about anymore. I make a simple observation, you get in my face and start insulting me, then immediately retreat when you're asked to explain yourself, and now I'm somehow at fault? Go fuck yourself, you fucking pussy. Was that clear enough?
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

noah thirteen wrote:I sense this thread heading into choppy waters......
Your ark did the same thing!
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

are you mad now, because i called you religiously sexist?
rīdoonrīmenbā
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Phritz is an idiot...
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

The ultimate irony is that this thread was started by a woman...
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

I have no idea what the hell is going on in this thread. And I'm usually all about gender discussions. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Necrometer wrote:The ultimate irony is that this thread was started by a woman...
morpheus is a woman? how did i miss this?