iPhone 5

Music posts are a bannable offense.
doubleblumpkin
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: iPhone 5

Post by doubleblumpkin »

WELL YOU'RE WRONG AND I'M RIGHT

Maybe if you're lucky you can get one with Amway blasted on the screen.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Dad wrote:Pizza nigga
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

iPhone 4S

The S stands for...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Well, that was mildly disappointing. Probably get one anyway.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I prefer my blandroid.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Android's got some really awesome shit coming out, but I dunno. It still feels kinda half-baked. Now that Apple is stealing the best parts of Android's base OS, I don't have to make any hard decisions.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

I'll probably buy a squirrel-phone since I held out thinking the 4 would be discounted to cut stock.

Only the 8GB version is $99 :(
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

still no SD card expansion?

getting cheap:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820171487
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Gookstorm
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Gookstorm »

An SD card expansion point has a shitload of ramifications for the user experience (UX) workflow of iOS (not to mention potential things I could think of with iTunes syncing), and Apple has decided to go with the simpler path and just being consistent with what they have. Macbooks didn't get SD card slots for like... 4 years after PC laptops had them for so long. Apple prefers to lead on technology trends, and if it doesn't... well they'll just say "fuck off, gtfo" and do its own thing in the corner collecting mad cash. Like a trustfund hipster.

Also, a number of (not very visible) sources have been touting that Apple is going with an Intel-esque tick-tock model for updates partially because they just fucking know they're in the lead at this point and will stay in the lead. That is, every other year you get a completely new design (basically) that's been in development for minimum 2 years, and every other year you get an improvement upon that basic design (that's been in development for a bit less time but gives some room for incremental improvements, especially on the more flexible fronts like software). Hats off to Apple for not leaking the actual iPhone 5 design though, this ain't easy and there's almost no company (or perhaps even government) out there that is as aggressively tracked and exposed as Apple is in its (Chinese) supply chain.

I'm kinda waiting to see what Google does with Android now that Apple's played its "we're pretty confident hardware doesn't matter anymore, your move" card. I just know there's a few folks that left the Google Android team a bit ago that were fairly instrumental to the initial direction of Android and I'm every bit as clueless as everyone else now on what's in store for Android. It's just Google's been basically sucking at presenting something to the public differently than what Nokia did with Symbian for so long, and that kinda disintegrated unfortunately (Symbian was ahead of its time but was mismanaged into mediocrity IMO, common among companies that get complacent).

Glad to see shit staying mostly the same at this point though, I just bought a Verizon iPhone 4 like 3 months ago after my 3G wasn't slamming like it used to and I had done everything to clean out the software before giving up and paying for the hardware and contractual shackles.

A lot of what Apple included in iOS 5 could be conceived as shit that's from the Cydia store rather than Android (Lockscreen being a big example). That's kind of traditional for Apple in its overall product strategy shindig since OS X 10.1.
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Koreans hate Americans too much to ever fuck them, silly roundeyes.
obviously you never been to kunsan, osan, or seoul.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Re: Re: iPhone 5

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

doubleblumpkin wrote:
Honky Kong 64 wrote:i'll take iphone hardware and apps with android OS please thanks Tim
hahahahahaha WHAT. Me no likey crashy buggy IS
ICE CREAM SANDWICH BRRRRRRRR
No Cunting Elves
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Gookstorm wrote:An SD card expansion point has a shitload of ramifications for the user experience (UX) workflow of iOS (not to mention potential things I could think of with iTunes syncing), and Apple has decided to go with the simpler path and just being consistent with what they have. Macbooks didn't get SD card slots for like... 4 years after PC laptops had them for so long. Apple prefers to lead on technology trends, and if it doesn't... well they'll just say "fuck off, gtfo" and do its own thing in the corner collecting mad cash. Like a trustfund hipster.

Also, a number of (not very visible) sources have been touting that Apple is going with an Intel-esque tick-tock model for updates partially because they just fucking know they're in the lead at this point and will stay in the lead. That is, every other year you get a completely new design (basically) that's been in development for minimum 2 years, and every other year you get an improvement upon that basic design (that's been in development for a bit less time but gives some room for incremental improvements, especially on the more flexible fronts like software). Hats off to Apple for not leaking the actual iPhone 5 design though, this ain't easy and there's almost no company (or perhaps even government) out there that is as aggressively tracked and exposed as Apple is in its (Chinese) supply chain.

I'm kinda waiting to see what Google does with Android now that Apple's played its "we're pretty confident hardware doesn't matter anymore, your move" card. I just know there's a few folks that left the Google Android team a bit ago that were fairly instrumental to the initial direction of Android and I'm every bit as clueless as everyone else now on what's in store for Android. It's just Google's been basically sucking at presenting something to the public differently than what Nokia did with Symbian for so long, and that kinda disintegrated unfortunately (Symbian was ahead of its time but was mismanaged into mediocrity IMO, common among companies that get complacent).

Glad to see shit staying mostly the same at this point though, I just bought a Verizon iPhone 4 like 3 months ago after my 3G wasn't slamming like it used to and I had done everything to clean out the software before giving up and paying for the hardware and contractual shackles.

A lot of what Apple included in iOS 5 could be conceived as shit that's from the Cydia store rather than Android (Lockscreen being a big example). That's kind of traditional for Apple in its overall product strategy shindig since OS X 10.1.
TL;DR: iCloud = a 5GB SD card
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

guys I have a kickstand case it rules
ImageImageImage
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

doubleblumpkin wrote:WELL YOU'RE WRONG AND I'M RIGHT

Maybe if you're lucky you can get one with Amway blasted on the screen.
You bastard!
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Hypnagogia wrote:still no SD card expansion?

getting cheap:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820171487
$35 today only:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... _-10052011

android supremacy.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
frost
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

Post by frost »

ugh looks exactly the same as last year's, how people are going to know I'm richer than them.. sigh
DEAD THREAD, LOCKED
-Admin'd
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

Qualify for free Samsung Nexus S by November 1 so I'm just gonna wait for that 8)
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

frost wrote:ugh looks exactly the same as last year's, how people are going to know I'm richer than them.. sigh
This is hilarious.
No Cunting Elves
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

there will be an app to emphasize the S.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Hypnagogia wrote:there will be an app to emphasize the S.
S. For squirrel.

I was hoping for a different design, like the teardrop or thinner with brushed aluminum but whatever. I'm just peeved that I'm in the S cycle for iPhone releases, since they seem to come out with the better improvements in the between years of my service :(

Not an amazing update, but it still seems better than any other phone on the market, and now that they're ripping off the good Android ideas I'll probably upgrade.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

I would also pay an extra $20 for the Siri voice to be GLADoS
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Zap Rowsdower wrote:I would also pay an extra $20 for the Siri voice to be GLADoS
there'll be an app for that.

but I'm not going apple; I hate itunes, I hate their marketing gimmicks, and I'm pretty sure they're more clandestine with their use of PII than google or even microsoft.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Good timing on the death Stevearino.

Steve Jobs: "iDead"
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

Zap Rowsdower wrote:Good timing on the death Stevearino.

Steve Jobs: "iDead"
I'll just wait for the iDead 2 thanks.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

lol @ iDead 2

i still say the funeral needs to be live blogged
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do