A little dose of Louis CK for ya...

Music posts are a bannable offense.
gustavprom
Hella Evil & Shit

Re: A little dose of Louis CK for ya...

Post by gustavprom »

altars of radness wrote:
Necrophilic Mallard wrote:The Miami episode kind of sucked...
It was ok until the semi/anti-climax. That was some Everybody Loves Raymond-level forced awkwardness.
Generally agree. Strong first half. Well done on the location shots and such. Interesting premise. Then falls on its face after he decides to stay in Florida.
I think this episode might show Louis CK's weakness as a writer in the sense that he seems reluctant to deal with an interesting character besides himself, Pam and, maybe, his daughters. I understand that the concept of the show is something based purely on his subjective point of view and whim. He seems to have even admitted this on the O&A interviews I've heard. And generally this approach has worked so far. However, the problem with this episode was that he introduces a genuinely interesting character at the beginning , the Cuban American lifeguard, who acts more than just a foil for the protagonist's failings or judgement. I mean this in the sense that the lifeguard breaks the ideal 20thing stereotypes that appear at the start of the episode (buff dude in the lobby of the hotel, douches on the beach that push over Louie, the blonde bikini chick who takes the strawberry off his plate) and actually befriends the hero on a one to one basis. It is a cool idea. The guy takes Louis into the heart of the Miami Cuban community. They bond as friends. Then, the younger guy generally rejects the hero, perceiving him as an aging homo looking for some tanned beach cock. Dunno. I think get what Louis might have been initially going for. Ever had that experience of hitting it off with someone amazingly upon first meeting/hangout time then having a hard time connecting on the same level once the chance a consistent friendship could develop? I think that was what he may have been going for but the need to make it into some kinda statement on heterosexual male inadequacy was hamfisted. He could have easily said in the dialogue at the start of the final scene that 'no dude I'm not gay...just want to hang out ... you know' and maybe something more interesting about social exclusion and inadequacy could have been commented upon..whatever.
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

gustavprom wrote: He could have easily said in the dialogue at the start of the final scene that 'no dude I'm not gay...just want to hang out ... you know' and maybe something more interesting about social exclusion and inadequacy could have been commented upon..whatever.
That's what I found so frustrating about it. What guy Louie's age, with his profession and experience, wouldn't just come out and say, "I'm not gay, dude. Let's go find some women." It would have left a couple minutes left in the show for something more realistic (or just the opposite) to happen.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
Maery
BRB..Burrito is ready!

Post by Maery »

F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:I get a little tired of his politics too.
"Quit acting like a faggot."
Pisscubes wrote:MY STRAIGHTNESS WILL DIE FOR YOUR SINS.
Rosary_Butt_Beads wrote:I am the truth. I am victory.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

james wrote:I don't understand how you expect to get the latest updates on snack food if you skip commercials man...

oh, ill know...
formerly ghost boner
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Good stuff this week. The reality TV segments were gold, and juxtaposed beautifully with Louie's bumbling attempts to make a connection.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

pantheon episode, will watch again etc.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I really, really just like seeing Maria Bamford... doing anything. I love her. That made me happy.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

the fuckn little music snip they kept playing was killing me. episode ruled. cant wait for the next one. i didnt even notice that was parker posey until the credits came either. then again, i dont think ive seen her since she was on conan when he was hosting late night.
formerly ghost boner
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

ghost boner wrote:the fuckn little music snip they kept playing was killing me. episode ruled. cant wait for the next one. i didnt even notice that was parker posey until the credits came either. then again, i dont think ive seen her since she was on conan when he was hosting late night.
Oddly enough I saw her and Louis walking around early winter together. Guess I know why now. The reality show part killed me. Then I laughed harder during the black and white scene where books are just coming down and being thrown from off screen.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

thought it was the best one so far.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

I still have to go with the episode where he's looking for a new apartment. The homeless guy switch has me in stitches just thinking about it and his stupid confused face.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

i guess more 'best of the season' actually
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

The stupid overdubbed theme adds nothing
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

This shit is making me more in love with Parker Posey :brokenheart:
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

holy fuck now that was the best episode of the series. :brokenheart:

serious parker posey domination
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

seriously great episode. i wonder if shell stick around
formerly ghost boner
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

kinda wanted him to throw her off the building.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah... wow. I think it was someone on here who said it's a shame he doesn't give the other characters room to breathe? Heh.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

i thought she was going to jump giving the nature of the show. was really surprised she didnt jump/louie didnt toss her off. that may be a little too dark, even for the show, but it would have been hilarious.
formerly ghost boner
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

See, I didn't love this episode so much because I thought her character was particularly attractive, I really just sympathized with what Louie's going through - he's just geting to know this woman and constantly wondering if she's totally batshit or just cutely eccentric, how far he's willing to go making kind of a fool of himself (the dress), etc. Posey's character was exaggerated, but Louie's reaction to her really hit home with me.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:
spacehamster wrote:Louie's reaction to her really hit home with me.
Eh...being so desperate/lonely you'll put up with anything from a woman?
:lol:

Maybe. I dunno. You just don't like her because she isn't short and blonde, anyway.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

she's nuts...the bartender refused to serve her.
fully expected her to jump, or pull him to the edge, or something to reveal herself as the nut that she is.
guess we've got to wait another episode for the crazy.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

mallard are you on any sort of psychiatric drug?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

haven't checked this thread in a few weeks, but people actually liked those reality segments? what a whack subject to parody, and took me completely out of the show. :tdown: