The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
GuyIncognito
Fearless Undead Machines

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by GuyIncognito »

Hellooo! bitches, I got Infamous. Haven't played it yet, and I'll probably only play it for an hour total. I was going to see about playing some multi-player, but it seems void of that option.
"I always think of you as the first American ever to be into Folk Metal." - Kris Verwimp.
GuyIncognito
Fearless Undead Machines

Post by GuyIncognito »

Hey, this Infamous is pretty fucking fun. It's kind of like Uncharted: Drake's Fortune... with lightning!
"I always think of you as the first American ever to be into Folk Metal." - Kris Verwimp.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

GuyIncognito wrote:Hey, this Infamous is pretty fucking fun. It's kind of like Uncharted: Drake's Fortune... with lightning!
you'll quit playing it within the next few days
GuyIncognito
Fearless Undead Machines

Post by GuyIncognito »

zombiehead wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:Hey, this Infamous is pretty fucking fun. It's kind of like Uncharted: Drake's Fortune... with lightning!
you'll quit playing it within the next few days
From a few posts ago:

GuyIncognito wrote:Hellooo! bitches, I got Infamous. Haven't played it yet, and I'll probably only play it for an hour total.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

whoa, thanks for the heads up on FN

DL'ing right now

is it multi player?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Scumfucker wrote:UFC Undisputed is so addictive. I've been rocking it on X box live. Fortunately, unlike Fight Night 3, everybody is not a master yet. I've been able to school many people. For those of you who play xbox live Undisputed, what are your online player comments? Mine are, "Submission machine, Versatile, and Adapts to any situation".

I've learned the submissions pretty good. You simply need to have a player with semi decent submission offense, then you wait until your opponents stamina is all yellow (meaning they are gassed) and if you capitalize on timing, you can easily submit people in round 1.
Hell yes. I've heard a bunch of retards like to disconnect if they are losing a fight. Had any problems like that? I don't have a gold account but am tempted to finally get one because of UFC Undisputed.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

man...demo is a lot of fun. they fixed the one thing that has always plagued fight night.....SPEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

it's a lot faster this time around, but i don't have that sense of power behind the punches. maybe cause it's a bunch of 140lb'ers?

i dunno. it is a blast though...
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

notable upcoming releases:

Tekken 6 (PS3/X360) - 9/09 (i tihink)
Fight Night Round 4 (PS3/X360) - 6/30/09
NHL 10 (PS3/X360) - 9/8/09
Need for Speed: Shift (PS3/X360) - 9/22/09
MODERN WARFARE 2 (PS3/X360) - 11/10/09
God of War III!!!!!!!

Keen as for that. Is the demo online yet or did you get one early? Hanging to play the faster version.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

online right now for X360 gold members as mentioned above
Goatus
Goatus

Post by Goatus »

I wish there were more good RPGs on the 360. Already played Lost Odyssey, now playing Tales of Vesperia, I may get Star Ocean after that though I've heard mixed reviews... aside from that I'm not sure there are any worth buying. Fuck, xbox. You've been out for a few years already. Get sum rpgs nao
god isn't interested in technology. he cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time forty-three species of parrots nipples for men
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

guardianoftheblind wrote:online right now for X360 gold members as mentioned above
Well I know what I'll be doing when I get home.

Hopefully it will be on PSN too soon.

God of War III is going to rule.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Goatus wrote:I wish there were more good RPGs on the 360. Already played Lost Odyssey, now playing Tales of Vesperia, I may get Star Ocean after that though I've heard mixed reviews... aside from that I'm not sure there are any worth buying. Fuck, xbox. You've been out for a few years already. Get sum rpgs nao
there's nothing down the pipeline either... theres Final Fantasy XIII but it will probably be better on the PS3, End of Eternity, which made by the Star Ocean / Infinite Undiscovery team.. so blah..., Front Mission 5.. yeah.. and Magna Carta 2.. big deal.

So, basically, the 360 is dead in terms of JRPGs, unless Microsoft announces a new Mistwalker game. I hope so atleast..

I would invest in a Wii. Little Kings Story, Fragile, Dragon Quest X, Monster Hunter 3, Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers, Tales of Graces, Muramasa: Demon Blade, Kizuna, Arc Rise Fantasia, Tact of Magic, Phantom Brave port, SD Gundam G Generation Wars, Sakura Wars, Valhalla Knights.. there will eventually be a new Zelda, Paper Mario and Fire Emblem.
Last edited by zombiehead on Thu May 28, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

damn, 3 - 1 in 4 fights, but no knockouts!
Goatus
Goatus

Post by Goatus »

Fuck that.

I hope there's a price drop for the ps3 sometime this year. I need one so I can RPG some more shit.

I'm not so sure about getting a wii... it doesn't seem like I'd like it all that much. Meh I guess I'll look into it.
god isn't interested in technology. he cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time forty-three species of parrots nipples for men
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

guardianoftheblind wrote:damn, 3 - 1 in 4 fights, but no knockouts!

Sorry if posted but is it Manny and Hatton in the demo?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

yeah it is
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

what are the good rpgs for the ps3 ?
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Resistance 2 has a fair amount of huge bosses for a FPS thus far. I don't remember the last proper non-helicopter boss I've fought in a FPS.
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

riley-o wrote:what are the good rpgs for the ps3 ?
Out Now? Not many but here are the worth-while ones I've played:
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice (Strategy RPG)
Cross Edge (Hybrid Strategy/Turn-Based RPG)
Demon's Souls (Brutally hard Action RPG - You can either import it now or wait for it)
Valkyria Chronicles (Hybrid Turn-Based/Strategy RPG / 3rd Person Shooter)

Other ones I haven't played:
Enchanted Arms (There's a tranny in it)
Wild Arms (A PS1 game on the Playstation Store)
Suikoden (Another PS1 game on the Playstation Store)

I know I'm forgetting a few. As far as future releases, there's obviously FFXIII. I would also recommend buying anything from either NIS America or Atlus if you like traditional JRPGs. They've made very few bad games and their writing/stories are mostly good.
Goatus
Goatus

Post by Goatus »

I enjoyed Wild Arms and Suikoden back in the ps1 days. Fun games. I don't know if they've aged well though. I remember playing the first Disgaea too. I'm sure Disgaea 3 is nothing like it but it was a pretty fun strategy rpg. I would love to play Disgaea 3 and Valkyria Chronicles. Those two, Heavy Rain and a few other titles are testing my resolve to wait for a price drop. I think I can hold out...
GuyIncognito
Fearless Undead Machines

Post by GuyIncognito »

Goatus wrote:I wish there were more good RPGs on the 360. Already played Lost Odyssey, now playing Tales of Vesperia, I may get Star Ocean after that though I've heard mixed reviews... aside from that I'm not sure there are any worth buying. Fuck, xbox. You've been out for a few years already. Get sum rpgs nao

Hellooo!

Playing Star Ocean 4 reminded me of why I only ever picked up one of the earlier games in the series. I don't like it at all. Tons of backtracking, few healing items, sparse as hell save points... Fable II is awesome if you haven't played that. It's not the most in-depth game or a game full of micro-management, but it's fun as hell.

Aside from a ton of JRPg's coming on the Wii and DS, RPG's are dry for most the other systems. PS3 has White Knight Chronicles and Dragon Age is coming out (I think) for both 360 and PS3. There's rumors of a new Vagrant Story. Overlord II is coming out, that is sort of an action/adveture RPG. I don't see the RPG elements, but the developers say this second one has more. But yeah, not much in the RPG department. This is the first time in years all of the games I'm looking forward to (Heavy Rain, God Of War III, Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, Arkham Asylm, a few more) are non-RPG's. Well, except White Knight Chronicles. And Black Sigil for the DS. If the fucker ever comes out. There may be some shit coming out for the Wii I don't know about. I have one, but honestly haven't been following the game release schedule. Last game I bought for that thing was Mad World.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Sucks that the Witcher for 360 was canceled. I do own it for the PC, but I hate the mouse/keyboard for this game. A main streamed control would do wonders for the title.
GuyIncognito
Fearless Undead Machines

Post by GuyIncognito »

The Bill wrote:Sucks that the Witcher for 360 was canceled. I do own it for the PC, but I hate the mouse/keyboard for this game. A main streamed control would do wonders for the title.
Hellooo!

I know... they were supposed to add a ton more voice acting, storyline and some more shit to do in the console version of The Witcher.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

jakebonz wrote: Enchanted Arms (There's a tranny in it)

He wasn't a tranny, he was a fag, but he was only in the first hour or so. There was a review site that only played the first hour of the game and reviewed it. He was busted by Penny Arcade..

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2006/09/06/
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

milkmandan wrote:Civilization > all

everything else is for scrubs
ImageImageImage