The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by guardianoftheblind »

just beat it

cant believe how easy this fucking game is, really

i mean, come on. first play through was like 65 hours because i explored so much and took the time to reinforce my gear. a lot of the areas were annoying and i had a few deaths checking everything out, but i never got frustrated to the point of madness. i even cleared the DLC in a day. pretty awesome boss fights in that one, but the game seriously felt like it was on easy mode because my nigga was so swole. sanctuary guardian? pussy. 2 tries for manus. 3 for astoria and 3 for kalameet. and that was because i had to study their moves.

i did get a bit scared when i saw all of the old bosses in droves in the demon ruins, but they were giant xasthur fans. the black knights in the undead burg were harder. centipede demon and demon firesage or whatever were an absolute joke. there isn't enough RAM on my laptop to display enough :fp:'s for bed of chaos (AND HE DOESN'T RESET WHEN YOU DIE) and gwyn was the easiest final boss ever for a game who's tagline is PREPARE TO DIE

dont get the wrong message from this. i absolutely fucking love this game to death

but really. it aint shit
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Glad you enjoyed it but smart people have always said the Souls games aren't difficult, they punish mistakes.

I do love the sense of confidence the player gains as they play through the game. I still need to finish it but I absolutely love Blighttown's level design.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

As Riley said its ridiculously amusing to read this bullshit years after the fact
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

if you solo'ed manus on your second try/kalameet on third try, without looking anything up, you're probably in the top 0.25% of gamers.

now dude i'm not saying you're a scrub, but i'm dangerously close to calling BS on that. unless you're way overleveled or something.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

i beat kalameet without looking at any guides at all 3rd try. i think i was around level 90

i just used silver knight shield +5, uchi +15, black iron helm +5, silver knight armor +5, knight gauntlets +9, and knight leggings +9 and the steel protection ring. his physical attacks werent that bad (but his black butt breath killed me twice), and i had 20 estus +5 if they did.

all you have to do with kalameet is get in close and hack his legs. since you're so close he'll keep trying this claw stomp thingy, with isn't bad to block and also missed me like 50% of the time, which left him open for attacks.
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:Topical
Guy says stuff, is wrong. News at ten.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

hahaha the old "artificial difficulty" argument. such bullshit.

I'll just quote one thing that guy said and leave it at that
I've played Demons Souls for about 6 hours and Dark Souls for about 2 before I quit both of them.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah stopped reading there.
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

It's really easy when you've squandered ALL the humanity and can't kill both Beguile and Patlapse...
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Friendly Goatus wrote:hahaha the old "artificial difficulty" argument. such bullshit.

I'll just quote one thing that guy said and leave it at that
I've played Demons Souls for about 6 hours and Dark Souls for about 2 before I quit both of them.
LOL I also enjoyed the ol' "there are internet articles so it's true" argument. What a dork. Ghosts 'n Goblins is only truly finished once you play through the entire game again, correct?
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The #1 way 8 and 16-bit action games made themselves difficult was by forcing you to memorize attack patterns. This guy probably thinks he's old school because he has a PS2.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

just counted up my 10 playthroughs I have saved on file and I'm looking at 704 hours of total play time

post yer nombers
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

guardianoftheblind wrote:i think i was around level 90
fuck... who doesn't cap around 75 to keep the game interesting? or at least for pvp reasons. shut up with this "game was easy pfft..." lvl 90 first run bullshit, s.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

The Schwartz wrote:just counted up my 10 playthroughs I have saved on file and I'm looking at 704 hours of total play time

post yer nombers
704 hours

and

you don't have the platinum trophy

how

how did you not just get it by accident
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

ive played a lot of battlefield 3 but i'm nowhere near 700 hours. thats very impressive. :fonz:

I have 8 children.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

riley-o wrote:how did you not just get it by accident
hahah... I bet it's the 10 souvenirs of reprisal. grinding/pvping for those sucked

anyway, about 300 hours for me overall, which includes a decent amount of pvp. one of the last times I played I saw someone using a fucking bonewheel skeleton as a shield. even now, I'm guessing there's still a lot of stuff I've never seen

700 is crazy, schwartz. do you do a lot of pvp or just different solo builds?
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

I've seen some crazy builds with those bonewheel shields. One dude had that and and a pierce shield. No weapons, just shields.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
riley-o wrote:
700 is crazy, schwartz. do you do a lot of pvp or just different solo builds?
Actually both. I spend a fair amount of every game pvping and mostly now I run through human at all times to experience the rewards and consequences of the game and anytime I see a dark spirit or dragon head I always challenge.

The majority of my time is spent on specific skill builds to see what's the most effective and most fun. My best results were actually putting points until strictly endurance and strength only. Wearing Iron Golem armor with a two handed bastard sword, no shield, poise ring. In Pvp every hit staggers and each swing is relatively fast so you can walk up absord any hit they take and start swinging you will hit + stagger until they die with still a full endurance bar. It's pretty fun to stagger highly levelled guys 20+ times in a row with nothing they can do about.
Character is 30 hours in, haven't placed the lord vessel and is sitting at level 195 I'm still shocked I had to start adding to health because my endurance is maxed out
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

I would say hunter then get pyro when you have a chance. you will have high Dex a sword and a bow and be able to move quickly. It's my favorite to start with
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Schwartz wrote:I would say hunter then get pyro when you have a chance. you will have high Dex a sword and a bow and be able to move quickly. It's my favorite to start with
That's more or less exactly what I did, and yeah, it works really well. Bows aren't the cheat button they were in Demon's Souls, but still extremely useful.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Yeah I really haven't been using a bow until recently but it's amazing how well it can be utilized in terms of sniping that I never thought about before still kind of sucks it really doesn't reach a strong enough level to use it as a primary. I fucking love arrows
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

I can't be the only one who had problems with Sif the first time through the game. Four tries and his health bar never dropped below 50% - fuck it, I'm going to Sen's Fortress.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

baldwell, stay close to his legs and roll sideways every time he attacks.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

you can actually get up under his body and then all you have to do is slash at his red rocket until he's defeated.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol:

I have 8 children.