The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by a world of no »

that was honestly my most bittersweet kills in the game. i had no idea he was in that fucking area, and i was down to nothing, so when he came out i bumrushed him hoping to pet his pretty fur before he killed me. i rolled and ended up stuck under him. it was very erotic and soft, and i felt bad after he died.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/41 ... nd-brutal/

Fucking awesome Dark Souls 2 details. Talks about a boss battle so if you are wary of spoilers, dont read it.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Wang Mandu wrote:http://www.computerandvideogames.com/41 ... nd-brutal/

Fucking awesome Dark Souls 2 details. Talks about a boss battle so if you are wary of spoilers, dont read it.
"Word has spread among E3's Dark Souls aficionados that Namco Bandai is giving a free shirt to anyone who can defeat the Mirror Knight, the boss in the playable build on display today. Shirts are basically worthless at E3: most people accrue dozens across the week. When the convention closes at 6pm, dozens of unwanted video game shirts lay abandoned in the canteens. According to a Namco rep, not one journalist has managed to defeat the Mirror Knight. Even the rep had only managed to defeat it once, and he'd spent the last six hours demonstrating the same five minutes of gameplay over, and over again."

someone get schwaiger in there, STAT

true dual wielding is going to be so awesome
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

so demon's souls 2?

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

elephants gerald wrote:so demon's souls 2?

:lol: Yep! Rebooted for 8GB GDDR5 RAM systems.
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

FUCK

from software

nexus

:tdown:
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Unlocked fps on dsfix. :mastoman:
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

got through Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo with a lot fewer headaches than other people seemed to have - had to summon a friend for the boss fight, but I ain't ashamed.

went back to Darkroot Basin, joined the covenant to avoid invasions, then ripped through Sif this time around. Way easier with a fire sword. Was so excited, I laid down my summon sign two times just to have a couple more shots at him. won both times 8)

got enough loot to upgrade my divine claymore, get the furysword, and upgrade a bunch of my armor.

oh, and I kicked Lautrec's ass. long ass spear for the win.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

yeah, close range melee with lautrec was a bitch. his shotels or whatever he uses ignore your block
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

caldwell.the.great wrote:went back to Darkroot Basin, joined the covenant to avoid invasions, then ripped through Sif this time around. Way easier with a fire sword. Was so excited, I laid down my summon sign two times just to have a couple more shots at him. won both times 8)
man, i spent so many playing sessions just helping players out with bosses, especially closer to launch. one sunday night i must have helped like a dozen people cut off seath's tail. and the first night the DLC came out, it was crazy how active multiplayer was as people tried the sanctuary guardian for the first time.

that sort of thing might be what i'm most looking forward to with dark souls 2, especially with dedicated servers this time around. and even though in dark souls the forest covenant is still really active (and a good spot to practice PVP), i hope they make the covenants in general more active/interactive with each other. like gravelording and dragonbros are both fun when you get some action, but they could be sooo much better.
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

the co-op play was definitely the most fun I've had with Dark Souls - not that the rest is dull or whatever, but I love rushing in with another player and beating down a boss, especially one that gave me a lot of trouble.

which reminds me - why would anyone ever summon an NPC character when you can summon two other players to help out? is there an advantage to doing so that I'm not aware of?
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

caldwell.the.great wrote:the co-op play was definitely the most fun I've had with Dark Souls - not that the rest is dull or whatever, but I love rushing in with another player and beating down a boss, especially one that gave me a lot of trouble.

which reminds me - why would anyone ever summon an NPC character when you can summon two other players to help out? is there an advantage to doing so that I'm not aware of?
hackers on pc version have been fucking shit up recently. they steal your stats, sl, humanity, everything. it's fucking retarded. only way around it is to have the dsfix installed and set to do regular backup saves, alt-f4 out when one of these fucks invades, and reload.

other than that shit, just solo the bosses like a boss. fuck help.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Hackers and the online for the PC version is complete ass because of GFWL. But, I did.manage to help a load of people with Smough and Orstein one miraculous day. The summoning worked flawlessly then but rarely before or after. Could just be how much smaller the PC community is compared to the PS3 crowd.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Wang Mandu wrote:Hackers and the online for the PC version is complete ass because of GFWL.
this pretty much. ds2 is supposed to have dedicated servers, so no mo trainer hacking sacks of ass.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Took on Kalameet a few times and got roasted. Decided to explore the Duke's Archives, got imprisoned, fought my way out then got stuck between an archer, one crystal skeleton in front, another behind and one of those dancing homowizards up top shooting soul arrows. Done for tonight, :lol:.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Duke's Archives was the absolute depth of frustration in my first playthrough. I still try to spend as little time as possible there.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Oh man I loved when the serpent warriors hightail it out of there after turning the music on to unleash the prison guards. That music and moment was incredible. No game these days has moments of awe like that when I stop and soak it all in fully knowing death is right around the corner. Best games ever and finally getting back into Dark Souls is making me so hyped for DS2. 2014 is it? :sad:

I still can't wrap my head around how big and how much detail is in the entire game. With probably a fraction of the budget, From Software makes Bethesda's open world games look like fucking amateur hour.

Hawkeye Gough <3
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

excellent
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I couldn't stop laughing in Lost Izalith when Siegmeyer basically said, "I got this one, bro" and gleefully dived into that pit of four to five orchid elephant monsters and got murdered. What a retard, :lol:. Fuck the Crystal Caves. Tomb of Giants was a pleasure compared to that. I am not looking forward to going back there.

Dark Souls II scheduled for March 2014. So far away.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

hahah, the siegmeyer scenario played out the same way for me the first time through

used the wiki on NG+ to figure out how to keep him alive in lost izalith... without spoiling anything, his story didn't turn out nearly as funny :(

RE: hawkeye gough in the DLC; i freaking love that guy. probably my favorite NPC in the souls series
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Spooky Apparition wrote:used the wiki on NG+ to figure out how to keep him alive in lost izalith... without spoiling anything, his story didn't turn out nearly as funny :(
I wonder if anyone on Earth would have ever figured that out without a walkthrough
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

no way man, sorta like some the pure white/black world tendency events from demon's souls. god, this series has some arcane shit in it. and with siegmeyer, even when i knew exactly what to do and watched a video of it, i still almost messed it up. it was worth getting to the end of his story though
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

I installed this and it played like shit on my baller machine. I'm reinstalling windows today or tomorrow and putting this on right away with some graphics mods to make it look pretty.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

canon.docre wrote:I installed this and it played like shit on my baller machine. I'm reinstalling windows today or tomorrow and putting this on right away with some graphics mods to make it look pretty.
dsfix is necessary. if your machine is truly a baller machine then you can open the fucker up and play like a true boss.