indomitable nth-wave feminism thread [RAPE CULTURE 101]

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Re: indomitable nth-wave feminism thread [RAPE CULTURE 101]

Post by Natas »

I'd say 50 Salon/Huff Post reading urban yuppies but ok.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Natas wrote:I'd say 50 Salon/Huff Post reading urban yuppies but ok.
wait how are you not characterizing that guy as that? 50x = x ?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

more of a tradeoff on monkey's reply
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

yes I get that but try and keep 'em making at least a little bit of sense :idea:
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

welp...

i feel like this is your average reddit poster.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

how can someone be so grating on mute
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

20 seconds

i feel overwhelmed here..
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Advances>|<MONKEY
Keep it thick...

Post by Advances>|<MONKEY »

If you haven't listened to it you really need to. This shit made my day. Dylan the hacker is my new leader and god. I am now a Hackerist.
"I AM THE LONE RANGER" = Donald Trump.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Kasper Chen1 day ago

Hack yourself a new face
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

copstache wrote:
Kasper Chen1 day ago

Hack yourself a new face
content suspected

edit: I just realized that this isn't the fucking repository :fp:

next pagin'
copstache wrote:

welp...

i feel like this is your average reddit poster.
he's actually pretty easy to listen to without video :idea:

the best is when he goes "for hackers, there's no gender, there's just ONES and ZEROES" [pantomimes things that bear serious resemblance to penis/vagina]

and then goes NO GIRLS ALLOWED :lol:

he's pretty much lifting his whole persona from
Advances>|<MONKEY
Keep it thick...

It's awesome because Lord Dylan is clearly trying to get the ladies involved by egging them on. I also like how he did a shoutout to Rebecca Watson, who is KNOWN FOR HER CLAIMS OF LEET HACKING SKILLS> I fucking love Rebecca Watson because she makes the little R/Athest/MRA/Libertarians that SWARMED into the skeptic community in the last few years so utterly furious. I fucking hate those fuckers. As cocksuckery as it is, Skepticism is about saving the credulous from themselves but those little middle class white turdlings clearly just want an excuse to feel superior to other people.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Advances>|<MONKEY wrote:those little middle class white turdlings clearly just want an excuse to feel superior to other people.
That's a pretty accurate description of your average internet feminist.

Or any "online activist", really.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Do you think that reality might be dictated by the differing social circumstances, though? Activism is something of a luxury, and if a group is legitimately oppressed/subjugated, isn't it that much less likely for them to have the means to advocate for themselves? I understand the cultural and practical problems with the "white savior" but were the people who freed the slaves really such pricks? Obviously that's just a blatant extreme. But I think the same stuff applies in microcosm.

Along these lines, isn't the "intersectionality" call from the POC feminist community for white women to acknowledge their distinct issues actually a plea for white people to be their advocates?
Last edited by Necrometer on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advances>|<MONKEY
Keep it thick...

The reason I give them a pass is that if a movement is ever going to be successful it needs to have an element that takes it way too far. Basically to self parody. Most of them are shutin little fools as well, but they have put their lot in with something that will have beneficial value to society. (to sum up, the idea that you should question EVERYTHING and that nothing is "natural")
The MRA sorts I'm talking about are utterly reactionary and are, in my view, defending the very system that has alienated them and made them fucking miserable in the first place. They are pissed at women because they think a society of Tim the Tool Man Taylors would be less hostile to them. It wouldn't be. In fact it would be even more harsh to their inability to bend women to their will though manipulation and force.
That they exist is a last gasp of Ozzy and Harriet and Leave it to Beaver and if you look at the history of that model of social interaction it's all based on consumerist bullshit sold by a condescending and authoritarian media. I wish I could remember where I saw this but they had one of the producers for Leave it to Beaver literally saying they where showing people a model as to the proper way of life. I think his words where something like "we felt we had a responsibility to show America how the best way to live was."

The Atheist shit hits me close to home because while I've been an Atheist since I was about 11, it was always with some sort of wishywashy secular humanism bullshit. I think New Atheism definitely has a place, that place is pissed of teenagers who are not being allowed to express their disbelief and it should be kept there. Seriously I would open up 'god is not great' and it would be like "I SAID THAT!" and it would be when I was arguing with family members about religion before I was large enough to physically prevent myself from being taken to a church. Once that stage passed I basically dropped the anger and condescension for religious people and I think if your goal is to undermine faith, approaching people with respect and tolerance is the best way to do it.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Middle class cunts crying about "stare rape" on the internet are totally on the same level as white abolitionists. This is an analogy that is actually being made, here, now, on this board.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

spacehamster wrote:Middle class cunts crying about "stare rape" on the internet are totally on the same level as white abolitionists. This is an analogy that is actually being made, here, now, on this board.
This is you being a shitty argumentator and avoiding discussion of a straightforward idea I put forth. Especially since I added a qualifier noting the gulf. And then there's the relatavism you invoke to dismiss concern over anything but the most life-shattering inequalities.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The point is that none of you actually want to accomplish anything other than feeling superior, Ross. The hypocrisy is so thick, it really belongs in the fatty thread.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Gonna give monkey some credit riht now, as the last post he made might be the most coherent, nontangential post he's made lately.

Also, I wouldn't call intersectionallity a purely woc-fem idea, it seems to be witchwind's favorite word. And I bet her interactive audience is 99% white.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

spacehamster wrote:The point is that none of you actually want to accomplish anything other than feeling superior, Ross. The hypocrisy is so thick, it really belongs in the fatty thread.
How would you respond if I were to levy the same claim against you, with respect to your awesome (and if I can be uncynical for a moment, apparently earnest in their attempts to communicate a social/political idea) photoshops in response to USA mascot racism?
Ghost Dad wrote:Also, I wouldn't call intersectionallity a purely woc-fem idea, it seems to be witchwind's favorite word. And I bet her interactive audience is 99% white.
Good point, but I don't think it needs to be purely woc for my question to be worth answering... I guess?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Necrometer wrote:
spacehamster wrote:The point is that none of you actually want to accomplish anything other than feeling superior, Ross. The hypocrisy is so thick, it really belongs in the fatty thread.
How would you respond if I were to levy the same claim against you, with respect to your awesome (and if I can be uncynical for a moment, apparently earnest in their attempts to communicate a social/political idea) photoshops in response to USA mascot racism?
You could make the argument that on some level I was openly mocking people who disagreed with me. I wasn't really trying to convince anyone of anything, I was just trying to amuse myself and hopefully make a few other people laugh. The whole discussion was DOA anyway, I figured we might as well just have fun with the topic. If there was some clever point I was making, it was that it's possible to argue against racist mascots while making what the hyper-sensitive PC crusaders would probably perceive as "racist jokes".
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

That's a bit convoluted but I'll take it :tup:
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

some dude at the festival I went to this weekend was jocking Rude, and I said "that band sucks, one of their members is a serial rapist and the rest of the band covered it up until a bunch of women from their town started telling everyone and making a big deal about it." He said "yeah I read that ..." and it started a decent discussion with everyone around us about what listening to sketchy bands means. I made sure to say "it's not like I think you're a bad person for wearing a Rude shirt, or liking them" and he agreed its really fucked up about what happened. I guess its just a bit more real to me because I know the people involved in that shitstorm, rather than just a fan hearing shit talk on the internet.

But fuck Rude, I've never even listened to them and I don't plan to.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Wank night's cancelled
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

classic rape :lol:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

FVBTVS wrote:classic rape :lol:
General Tso's rape
Wank night's cancelled