indomitable nth-wave feminism thread [RAPE CULTURE 101]

Music posts are a bannable offense.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Re: indomitable nth-wave feminism thread [RAPE CULTURE 101]

Post by featherboa »

The Torsion wrote:Mewling faggit brags about letting his son wear a dress. Compliments the strength of his son's tantrum when he tries to make him wear pants. Probably has good insurance to cover a sex-change and/or medical bills when his son is an adolescent/teenager getting the shit kicked out of him regularly.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5578709

PERFECTLY HEALTHY AND WELL-ADJUSTED U BIGOTS
his shoulders are pretty wide
Image Certified Poster
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Ross, yeah, snapshot of how infantile this guy's thinking is.

http://www.people.com/article/blonde-ve ... orthorexia

Jofabeard, when was your last period
Haha,
Advances>|<MONKEY
Keep it thick...

Post by Advances>|<MONKEY »

Uh, little boys and girls wore the same clothing(dresses) until early last century. That anyone cares shows how well the marketing machine has sliced into the modern mind. I doubt this will have the slightest impact on the kid if he remembers at all.
Though I'm sure if this was in your household you could be getting him into makeup early to cover the black eye you gave him for being a little faggot. You fucking filth.
"I AM THE LONE RANGER" = Donald Trump.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

What's funny is that anyone thinks this is a gender topic.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

You trying to say dahmer wasn't awesome?
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Advances>|<MONKEY wrote:Uh, little boys and girls wore the same clothing(dresses) until early last century. That anyone cares shows how well the marketing machine has sliced into the modern mind. I doubt this will have the slightest impact on the kid if he remembers at all.
Though I'm sure if this was in your household you could be getting him into makeup early to cover the black eye you gave him for being a little Kuhni Lemmel. You fucking filth.
This isn't dressing all babies and toddlers the same. This is intentionally dressing a boy like a girl. Maybe you have a touch of autism on top of your varied and numerous mental disorders/disabilities.
Haha,
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Pisscubes wrote:Ross: Your take?

http://kotaku.com/cards-against-humanit ... 542083/all

I think the crux of this article for me is that she's sort of expecting this guy to talk about rape more as a culture instead of the intent of the open letter which is, "I didn't rape this woman". I'm foggy on why someone can expect someone to be a spokesperson for victims while clearly stating they have been falsely accused. Obviously victims get blamed or not believed all the time, but is there really a fucking critique to make here when someone is saying point blank, "Hey-- I didn't do this."
Haha Jesus how do people get so out of touch with reality? When someone is this far gone there's no need to take them seriously.
Haha,
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Well, clearly she didn't consent to being dumped, so now it's rape.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

What is the proper response to a felony accusation?
Haha,
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Torsion wrote:What is the proper response to a felony accusation?
More importantly, what I really want to see is one example - and I'd honestly be satisfied with just one - where a guy in this type of situation responds, and the internet feminists consider his answer good enough. No "yeah, well, but I would've liked it better if you had done this or that or cut your dick off while you said it", but just, okay, and everyone moves on. Just one example. I'm guessing there isn't one. The only point here is that you can always find something.

I only half blame them for this reflex, I'm a lit major, and you're pretty much trained to develop the ability to read anything any way that serves your needs (I could probably write a 2000 word marxist-feminist treatise on any randomly chosen traffic sign if I really had to), but you're not supposed to do these things in the real world, they're just thought experiments.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Like I said: some people are utterly disconnected from reality.
Haha,
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm not sure why, but I'm kind of looking forward to Ross' madly jabbering justification where he calls us rapists.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Pisscubes wrote:The thing that I think is bullshit is that a decently worded response that says, "I didn't do this" is being critiqued in a way that says when clearly saying you didn't do something, you still need to parse it in a way that... leaves it open to interpretation that you MIGHT have done something?
Reading that in a "fuck this guy" mindset (which I'm going to do since he created an incredibly powerful tool to spread casual/hipster racism/sexism/ableism/etc.), I think the issue is how he says "I didn't rape anyone" and then goes on to list all these things that happened, none of which rules out him raping someone:
We spent a few nights in each others' rooms, but we never had sex and neither of us pressured the other into doing anything we weren't comfortable with.
Maybe she woke up with his dick in her mouth for the first time, which fits his outline.

And HE invokes "rape culture", but in a way that says it's a social force that makes consent fuzzy and confusing and hard to talk about.
Part of rape culture that hurts everyone is that it makes it difficult to talk about what is and is not consent, and makes it incredibly scary for people to speak up when their boundaries are crossed. It is entirely possible she read something completely different than I did into an awkward college hookup.
What the fuck? Of course I can agree that consent is not a clear, blatant binary and can be conceptually impenetrable (LOL) to someone who is socially inept, but I'm sure as shit not going to defend myself against a rape charge by leading off with "consent's just too confusing to give any credence these days". Maybe I'm reading this wrong. RC does actually censor (?) consent from a lot of situations/conversations, but isn't that only worth bringing up if you're going to use it as an excuse regarding how you fucked up with consent in the past?

I don't have time to dig deep on this right now, but that's where I'm seeing red flags from this guy.
Pisscubes wrote:Obviously victims get blamed or not believed all the time, but is there really a fucking critique to make here when someone is saying point blank, "Hey-- I didn't do this."
I just think he's catching shit because his specific definition of rape seems to be crafted in a way that specifically excludes his actions with the accuser.

Long story short: I think he put his dick in some sleeping chick's mouth and isn't fully owning up to how that's fucked up.
Last edited by Necrometer on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

"There is of course no right way to respond to being accused of raping someone. I don't fault Temkin for not getting something like this completely right. Still, he handles it badly."

maybe the worst sentence I've ever read on the internet, especially taking into account how non-inflammatory that guy's denial of guilt was.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

:lol:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

spacehamster wrote:I'm not sure why, but I'm kind of looking forward to Ross' madly jabbering justification where he calls us rapists.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Necrometer wrote:I just think he's catching shit because his specific definition of rape seems to be crafted in a way that specifically excludes his actions with the accuser.
"We spent a few nights in each others' rooms, but we never had sex and neither of us pressured the other into doing anything we weren't comfortable with."

where in the sexual Venn diagram outside of 1) having sex 2) not pressuring someone into something lesser than sex does rape reside?
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

didn't wanna disappoint :cheers:
spacehamster wrote:What's funny is that anyone thinks this is a gender topic.
I didn't understand what this one was about - cross-dressing seems gender-y to me
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote: where in the sexual Venn diagram outside of 1) having sex 2) not pressuring someone into something lesser than sex does rape reside?
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Spooky Apparition wrote:"We spent a few nights in each others' rooms, but we never had sex and neither of us pressured the other into doing anything we weren't comfortable with."

where in the sexual Venn diagram outside of 1) having sex 2) not pressuring someone into something lesser than sex does rape reside?
dick in sleepmouth... where's the pressure? she was groggily suckling, your honor
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

if that was the case, that woman needs to come out and explain the extent of the sleepbeeg.

see, the actual problem here is that her accusation was shitty. I'd give it a 2.5/10, whereas his gentlemanly denial was a solid 7.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Ross' half-assed rationalization/thought experiment about on par with that woman's article.
Haha,
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Spooky Apparition wrote:if that was the case, that woman needs to come out and explain the extent of the sleepbeeg.

see, the actual problem here is that her accusation was shitty. I'd give it a 2.5/10, whereas his gentlemanly denial was a solid 7.
FB rape accusation is a total disaster

but I also don't think it's on the woman to hit up instagram with pictures of his pubes in her nose to clear things up
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

mark my words, when the truth comes to light it will be revealed that this guy pulled an unwanted alarm cock
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

:lol: He made it up.
Haha,