The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by guardianoftheblind »

The Bill wrote:
guardianoftheblind wrote:
but battlefield's single player is bland and uninspired. it's funny when you compare it to how amazing it's multi is Aliens: Colonial Marines
We shall see whom takes last place at the fair.
i dont understand. everyone and their mothers could see how bad aliens was before playing it. why would anyone want to?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

guardianoftheblind wrote:i dont understand. everyone and their mothers could see how bad aliens was before playing it. why would anyone want to?
see previous page:
Spooky Apparition wrote:that's part of who the bill is
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

The Bill wrote:
but battlefield's single player is bland and uninspired. it's funny when you compare it to how amazing it's multi is Aliens: Colonial Marines
We shall see whom takes last place at the fair.
i dont understand. everyone and their mothers could see how bad aliens was before playing it. why would anyone want to?
Honestly, I didn't research it at all. I preordered it a year ago thinking that Gearbox would make amends for Duke. Then the game shipped on the same day all the negative reviews dropped. Jokes on me.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

spacehamster wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
milkmandan wrote:I'm probably going to sell my copy of Ni No Kuni because I can't get more than one hour into it. Ugh console games
What's your issue with it, out of curiosity?
It's a console game, it doesn't use enough buttons.
The fun just isn't there for me any more. Even when I go back and play classic JRPG's that I LOVED growing up, I just get bored and go back to my PC.
ImageImageImage
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

spacehamster wrote:
The Bill wrote: So, this leaves me with my next game. Do I do Crysis 3? Or should I finally just beat Battlefield 3 so I can get it out of here. Which is shorter?
Crysis 3 took me about 8 hours. Plenty of people claim to have completed it in less time, though. No idea about BF3. You should play Crysis 3 because it's an awesome game, mang. Nanosuits and cyborg space chthulus. What the hell else do you need?

Come to think of it, since I had to reinstall Origin anyway, I should probably get BF3.
6-7 hours here, but on normal (which was almost too easy, and I rarely go higher than normal on games)

Actually come to think of it dead space 3 was stupid easy on hard. EA - games for babies :wank:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote:EA - games for babies :wank:
I wonder if EA had anything to do with Crysis 3 having an additional difficulty setting. It's suitably unforgiving at the highest setting, anyway, so I really don't care - as long as that option exists, it's not like I have to play it in baby mode.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Anyone else excited for Sim City 3? I think that's what i'm going to get into next :invcross:
ImageImageImage
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I only played the intro train level, but everything about BF3 is a million times better than Aliens, scripted COD style shooting gallery and all.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

milkmandan wrote:Anyone else excited for Sim City 3? I think that's what i'm going to get into next :invcross:
it's actually 5 but after the beta, i'm not super excited

don't get me wrong, it's got what is probably the best UI that's ever been made for a pc game, but the fact that my city ran out of steam after about 45 minutes of play and to a lesser extent the fact that you'll get kicked out of your game if your connection to the EA servers is lost isn't doing it for me
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:?

I'll keep playing a game where I jump on rockets in mid-air, slice mechs in half with a futuristic samurai sword, rip the spines out of cyborgs, battle a crazy and hilarious final boss I don't want to spoil and stay a scrub.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

There are no scrubs. I'm sure Raiden, Pokemon, space marines, and the United States Special Forces all belong to the same Tommy Westphall autistic snow globe daydream, anyways. The only thing that's real is the Mario 3 stage play & Mario 64 reality TV show.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Diablo 3 on the PS4 is rumored to have offline and split screen play. Blizzard are such assholes if true, haha.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

You guys keep talking about Ni No Kuni and how great it is, the thing is, I think I did not use my PS3 for like almost a year, is it really worth?
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

If you like lolis and feeling somewhat like a pedophile, Ni No Kuni is for you, Krieg.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I checked this trying to find a reason to switch the PS3 on again and shit, it is really gay:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/04/05/ ... es-of-2012
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

You are better off getting Metal Gear Rising. That game will put hair on your chest.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I have it for the X360 but I am still playing Far Cry 3.
Respected Hipster
Kill Trend Suicide

Post by Respected Hipster »

I've chosen to just replay Persona 3 and 4.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Respected Hipster wrote:I've chosen to just replay Persona 3 and 4.

I really need to get P3, and try it out.

P4 made me a believer in RPGs again.

Also these are way more loli/pedo than Ni No Kuni FWIW. But they aren't even loli/pedo at all really.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
Respected Hipster
Kill Trend Suicide

DR. THRAXX wrote:
Respected Hipster wrote:I've chosen to just replay Persona 3 and 4.

I really need to get P3, and try it out.

P4 made me a believer in RPGs again.

Also these are way more loli/pedo than Ni No Kuni FWIW. But they aren't even loli/pedo at all really.
Japanese = Loli
It's unavoidable.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman:
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

I'd much rather play a these kind of games than something like Skyrim anyday to be honest.

Just looking at Skyrim is boring. Seems like when I've watched people play it, the navigation of the menus looks cumbersome, and everyone has characters that are overpowered. In no game ever should you be able to kill a dragon with three or four hits, and I've seen this done. I won't even give that game a chance.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
Respected Hipster
Kill Trend Suicide

I enjoy western rpgs well enough, and I do feel most jrpg are repetitive and silly for the most part, but they tend to really mix shit up in a good way. Games like the Persona series, and Valkyria Chronicles being good examples of just being different and weird in ways that western developers don't seem to bother trying to attempt. You have to have grown up playing Japanese games from back when they were pretty much the only type of rpg available, or be Japanese/Weeaboo to bother though. Most people read/hear jrpg and instinctively cringe and boot up COD. I know I'd love the shit out of Ni No Kuni, because I enjoy that type of game, and Studio Ghibli shit, but I definitely see how some people would not get it. They can enjoy their action oriented static narrow minded gaming life.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

only minecraft is real :invcross:
ImageImageImage
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

DR. THRAXX wrote:Also these are way more loli/pedo than Ni No Kuni FWIW. But they aren't even loli/pedo at all really.
I was just kidding btw. I already said this but that and Xenoblade sound like jrpg heaven as far as recent games go. I've never liked jrpg gameplay and loathe the art style of those games but I can appreciate the quality and pedigree of Ni No Kuni's art and understand why people are jizzing buckets over it.

About Skyrim, I love the world and the first 80-100 hours of a Bethesda game but I've never actually finished one. There are so many problems with those games that would be easily fixable but when you reach that 6+ million copies sold range, you have to cater to the lowest common denominator. I'll be skipping next gen Bethesda games unless they vastly improve their writing, animations, and combat systems.
Respected Hipster wrote:Most people read/hear jrpg and instinctively cringe and boot up COD. They can enjoy their action oriented static narrow minded gaming life.
:fp:
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Respected Hipster wrote:Most people read/hear jrpg and instinctively cringe and boot up COD. They can enjoy their action oriented static narrow minded gaming life.
:fp:
so you're telling me that the majority of gamestop advance copy battlefield/cod/militarycouchgod players(majority of gamers nowadays) aren't narrowminded, action oriented fucktards that scoff at jrpg as faggoty jap shit? reverse thread to the story about the black thug buying a copy of ni no kuni and shamefully asking the gamestop employee to put it in a different box so his buddies wouldn't know he got it. you live in korea, so you don't see it like we do here in the states. facepalm away, because not everything(that previous post included) is about you.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
it was about mike