James answers your coronavirus questions thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: James answers your coronavirus questions thread

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:04 am cjb
:brokenheart:
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/fl ... i-BB12D4VD

Florida surgeon general gets thrown out of meeting for saying we shouldn’t stop social distancing until there’s a vaccine.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

FVBTVS wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:17 am board quickly slipping into authoritarian fiat
I have total authority to halt youtube embeds
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Furthermore I will speak to all 50 moderators and authorize each to implement a plan of rembedding videos at a time and in a manner as is most appropriate.

I have absolute authority to read your PMs.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Trumpbux came in so I guess that means I'm voting Trump in November
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

“Appetizing.”

Jesus Christ, they really are undead.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

2-3% of 300 million people..?

I have 8 children.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

I think he meant 2% increase over the 70k currently project to bite it, which is like 1500 ppl

he's still a full-on ghoul!

- - -

April 8: Treasury Secretary Mnuchin says the government won’t run out of money for small businesses

April 16: Small business rescue loan program hits $349 billion limit and is now out of money

oops
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Eight Bit Alien
need...miss...want...

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I don't want people to upload their relief checks directly to amazon.com for east asian electronic entertainment devices that they don't need

there's no normal way to express that anxiety though so i'm just writing it here
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

it's now over a hundred degrees, mid april, here in miami florida

:fonz:

I have 8 children.
Eight Bit Alien
need...miss...want...

fuck
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/ear ... treatment/

Early peek at data on Gilead coronavirus drug suggests patients are responding to treatment.

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

fucking Gilead

:betternotstartanyshit:

I have 8 children.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Hi James,

Long time reader first time poster.

This is just the beginning of the troubles, isn’t it ? The part we’ll look back on and say, remember when it was only COVID19 ?

Yours in poverty,
Umesh
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Eight Bit Alien
need...miss...want...

riley-o wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:42 pm Hi James,

Long time reader first time poster.

This is just the beginning of the troubles, isn’t it ? The part we’ll look back on and say, remember when it was only COVID19 ?

Yours in poverty,
Umesh
Dear Riley,

It is too soon to tell. Things may compound, or they might not.

Nobody ever knows if they're in a moment of great change.
Sometimes an entire geographic location is destroyed, like Katrina or Fukushima, and the world simply adjusts around it without signaling the end of anything in particular. Other times something relatively small like two symbolic towers are blown up, and all of world history shifts crazily. I think that's probably because 70% of this is fucking fiction, and a lot of our internal lives are dictated by leadership and social consensus.

If the Queen of England dies, I think that that will be the true end of the 20th century. If she is killed by Coronavirus, I think that that will be a really big deal for people.

The fact that this is happening exactly at a round number 2020 may effect people's perceptions quite a bit. If they stop making Marvel movies or something stupid like that, exactly as a new decade begins, then yes people will see this as 'the beginning' of something new and different. Also coming soon: major USA election time.

It will certainly be a period of great significance, because of how many people are experiencing the moment simultaneously without the option to look away. The psychological effects might be unprecedented in human history, speaking only in terms of scale and not predicting any specific effect or quality.

Yours in regurgitation,
Puketeria
MPD
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by MPD »

:cry:
MPD
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by MPD »

how will this affect the Council on Foreign Relations?
BUSINESS
Gear in the Machine

Post by BUSINESS »

They're awfully close to each other. Hope they don't get the rona.
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MPD wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:11 am Image

how will this affect the Council on Foreign Relations?
Is there a requirement that these types of people are terminally unemployable and unfuckable?

If someone like me showed up with my firearm and offered to support their cause, would they have to turn me away because I have a chin and a 401K?
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

grey pants and white mask guy in the middle is going to publish his race realism booklet a full 9 months before meatgrease

I have 8 children.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

I suspected that guy was kushner!

(your point stands)
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

That's where I used to work! I was at work all day so I didn't see the protest, but here is a story from another nurse I work with who has been sick at home:

I’ve kept pretty quiet this quarantine because any way you slice it, it sucks! But today I am embarrassed to call myself an American!

Today, is day 8 of me being quarantined in my bed, away from my girls and my husband. Unable to tuck them in at night, unable to spent Easter with them, unable to snuggle them. I have never spend more then a day without seeing my girls and this has absolutely tore me apart! Kinsley, shes 2 she won’t remember but Abby, she’s 7 there is a good chance she will. She’ll remember the scar on her knee is when she fell off her scooter and her mom wasn’t there to hold her while she was shaking and crying in pain. I can only FaceTime her to console her, but I can’t talk long because I get winded and start coughing so bad I have to put my head between my knees to catch my breath and the room starts spinning and I have to lay back down.

I digress; today was the first day I left my bed in 8 days. I had to go get COVID tested. I knew I had an hour in me (no reason for it to take me any longer, so I thought) before I got lightheaded and the coughing fits started and needed to be back in my bed. I told my husband he wasn’t going to drive me because I didn’t want to risk him getting sick. So off I went...only to get stuck in traffic with people honking and yelling. No clue what was going on, I’m on the highway at this point in a stand still, it’s been 25 minutes in the same spot. I started to get worried, I quickly find out there is a “protest” for the “stay safe, stay home order.” I’m watching as people are getting out of their vehicles taking videos, like this is funny. I’m balling calling Greg and my dad I had to get out of there but didn’t know how, at this point. My watch alerts me lets me know my heart rate has been over 130 for over 10 minutes without me being active (gee thanks apple your not helping me!) My respiration’s were shallow and tachypneic at 32. So the only thing I could do was drive my car through the median hope I make it (I mean it snowed so the ground has to be a little solid right). Got to the other side, but I wasn’t out of the woods yet. Please tell me Michigan was it humorous to sit at a green light multiple times making everyone behind you sit until they had to turn around and find a different way home? Was it for laughs? Because the look on your faces as you got out of your vehicles taking videos and pictures tells me you were enjoying it. My dad had to find me on the South Side and I had to follow him home because every where my GPS took me I kept hitting road blocks (like the stupid tractor on the south side of lansing!).

***Today Michigan you slapped every single one of my co-workers (myself included along with every single other health care worker) in the face. EVERY.SINGLE.PERSON that fights for YOU! And guess what? We won’t be holding this against you when you come in with a little shortness of breath and then in an hour, needing to be intubated and in ICU. Because that’s not what we do; that’s not how we operate. We are good at what we do, we do it every single day! All we asked of you was to please stay home because we can’t!***
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

Imagine looking like such an absolute pussy that, even when brandishing a weapon, no one would think twice about socking you in the fucking eye.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

Geeheeb wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:57 am

***Today Michigan you slapped every single one of my co-workers (myself included along with every single other health care worker) in the face. EVERY.SINGLE.PERSON that fights for YOU! And guess what? We won’t be holding this against you when you come in with a little shortness of breath and then in an hour, needing to be intubated and in ICU.
Speak for yourself, lady.
If Spencer McLimpwrist in the picture ends up with an AAA, I'll be relaxing at home instead of helping.
I've decided that there's no "emergency" that justifies risking my well being.
MeatGrease wrote: