The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by Spooky Apparition »

riley-o wrote:Fucking Capra just fucking murdered me ruthlessly without me scoring a hit about ten times in a row. Then a rat poisoned me as I was heading back over. I'm out for tonight..
have you gotten the wolf ring from darkroot yet? that should make you able to block his first attack without taking too much damage or getting knocked down, assuming that's the problem. magic shield might be helpful too, but i can't remember how or where you get that
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

that first capra demon situation is such a fucking piece of shit clusterfuck :lol:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

The Bill wrote:So, maybe Pyromancer is the better starting character. This game must be good. Here I am discussing it when I have zero plans to play it anytime soon.
It's a good, well rounded starting class, but they're all pretty even.

Saw this yesterday and it reminded me of you and Geoff.
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/learn ... 1100-4858/
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

as far as designing games around making sure the dev's money isn't wasted....

when the playstation app came out, I was really surprised that the souls games (dark souls in particular) have higher percentages of players earning various trophies than a lot of MUCH easier games. and that's out of a pool of every player who has started the game, not just beaten it. I assumed tons of people started the souls games and quit early on, but those stats don't really show that.

so it's almost like their design choice of keeping stuff from players makes players actually WANT to seek out everything the game has to offer more than a by-the-numbers focus grouped game. that's a pretty far cry from something like mass effect 3, where i saw a bioware rep say they were disappointed by how few people finish their games so they were going to make it easier/more streamlined for those players.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

but you have to fight that capra demon in an 8X10 box w dogs running at you :lol: :wank:

I have 8 children.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Spooky Apparition wrote: so it's almost like their design choice of keeping stuff from players makes players actually WANT to seek out everything the game has to offer more than a by-the-numbers focus grouped game.
I've never played games for achievement bullshit, but finding all the hidden secret shit without it being handed to you takes me back to playing shit like OG zelda and metroid, and old PC rpgs from the 80s. I can't finish linear story shit like Mass Effect because of the handholding. They're fun, but I just lose interest.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Now the game is freezing every time it saves. Fuck fuck fuck fuck OFF
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

What system? PS3 just had a big update. Dunno if that's conflicting or something stupid.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

owned

I have 8 children.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Oh you fuck
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

DARK SOUWND
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

a world of no wrote:DARK SOUWND
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

We're not getting t.v. reception in this apartment, no olympics.....

.......just bames 8)
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Pisscubes wrote:"hey, honey, I told my cousin and her new husband we'd go across town to go watch the opening of the olympics with them. You don't have anything else to do, right?"

"N.....no...." :cry:
Tell her out of solidarity with the LGBT community you refuse to endorse any part of the Olympic event and will be in seclusion until further notice
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

a world of no wrote:Don't F4 out unless you know the invader is hiding out in an ambush and you can't handle it. Otherwise, go find the fucker and finish him.
Normally I do but I was an impatient little bitch and wanted to finish that area. I tried summoning a guy to surprise the invader but yet again SUMMONING FAILED. I really really hope DS2 uses Steamworks and/or they don't skimp out of the PC's servers. Where's the release date goddammit. :(

In my rush to finish the game with that particular character, I forgot to go back and fight Kalameet. :fp: Oh well, started up another playthrough on the PS3 and am going for miracles + strength. I hear Darkmoon Blade is the way to go, no? I did that on the PC version with my first character until I realized the Faith requirement was far too high for that character. Double :fp: to me.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I spent an hour this afternoon trying to beat Sif with magic and no fucking health or vitality whatsoever, which unsurprisingly resulted in a series of quick deaths. I came home tonight, showed some fucking seriously high level Manny Pacquiao footwork and clobbered him (still got a little :cry: when he gets all wimpy at the end of his health, favouring his paw and falling over when he swings his sword awww little guy :cry: :cry: :cry: SOUL ARROW :cry: ), went and splattered Capra's brains against the wall first try, gaped Gaping Dragon's asshole first try, then promptly got toxic'd in Blight Town. I'm still using a plain short sword for any melee I ever have to do :lol: :lol: I guess I should look into making myself a halfways decent melee weapon one of these days
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Riles, is the sword at least enchanted?
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Sort of. Just like some weapons are dependent of dex, strength, having high intelligence/ faith will raise the power of magic/ divine wepons.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

a world of no wrote:
For a sorcerer look into magic scale weapons. Falchion and rapier will mess shit up when enchanted if your int is high enough. Moonlight greatsword (late game) and moonlight butterfly horn (early game) are a mage's best friend next to their catalyst.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Wang Mandu wrote: Normally I do but I was an impatient little bitch and wanted to finish that area. I tried summoning a guy to surprise the invader but yet again SUMMONING FAILED. I really really hope DS2 uses Steamworks and/or they don't skimp out of the PC's servers. Where's the release date goddammit. :(

In my rush to finish the game with that particular character, I forgot to go back and fight Kalameet. :fp: Oh well, started up another playthrough on the PS3 and am going for miracles + strength. I hear Darkmoon Blade is the way to go, no? I did that on the PC version with my first character until I realized the Faith requirement was far too high for that character. Double :fp: to me.

All signs point to DS2 being on Steamworks, and having dedicated servers like with Demon's Souls. It looks to be a PvP wet dream that hopefully you wake up to find real.

Darkmoon is my favorite covenant, but it's not super successful on PC. I get hits at least every 10 minutes, getting invaded by redwraithes while waiting to invade someone. Darkmoon blade is fucking tits. It's really OP, so I don't use it unless someone sunlight/darkmoons their shit first, or they spam me with something lame, or Giantdads. Giantdads get no fucking mercy. The guilty must pay...

I had a giantdad/havel turtle up on me the other day that I just couldn't get past. I ended up pulling out the great scythe in the hopes of dead angling his metal butt. Got one hit, which did a good 1/3 of his damage, and he freaked out and WotG spammed me off of the cliff. I ended up invading him again minutes later, so I start running up on him, dm blade buff my scythe while he throws the "Well, what is it gesture?" and I run full bore at him, unlock, jump attack to his left and manage a deadangle double-hit kill on the turtle fuck. I was really hoping for some hatemail from that one, but he didn't send shit, and I never got him in any later invasions.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

fighting kalameet with my tank. died the first time re-learning his moves. had him down to half health second try having only used like 2 estus, but then i got greedy on my long ass zwei swings and he tagged me. he seriously does like minuscule damage to me if i block his melee, and when i block his black breath it's like nothing. just gotta stop being greedy. havel's greatshield FTW
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

welp, got greedy again

had his health down to where you couldnt see it; tagged me
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

4th try for fagameet for the slowest tank ever. not too bad
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

from what i can remember its some of the best light armor in the game. high magic res maybe? but you cant upgrade it

you can also cheese ceaseless discharge there if you want
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

sen's will definitely get you a few times but in all honesty if you take your time and go slow, you'll get through it.

the hardest part for me was the areas where you were on the swinging blade bridges and nikkas were shooting lightning at you