rate the last beer(s) you had 1-10

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Re: rate the last beer(s) you had 1-10

Post by Geeheeb »

doing a sour mash tomorrow for the first time on a dry stout
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Jesus H Dump
Cranker9

Post by Jesus H Dump »

2 growlers of Fred from the Hair Of The Dog Brewery. 9.5/10
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Ghost Dad wrote:
cibola wrote:Prarie Bomb! - 9.75/10
Really wonderful. Thick with lots of coffee, vanilla, and a little bit of spice that lingers after each sip.
Who makes it?

You a fan of uncarbonated strong ales? Still drinking this Entrophy; fuck it!
Prairie Artisanal Ales from Oklahoma. Heard really good things about some of their other beers, but they are pretty hard to come by here.
Mendicant
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Mendicant »

http://beeradvocate.com/acbf/ - American Craft Beer Festival in Boston

Anyone ever been to this? I'm looking for things to do around MDF but I'm a bit sus they have tickets on sale without even naming any breweries that will be there
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

I almost went one year when they did a special lambic tasting one of the sessions, but slept on it and it sold out. I hear it's a good fest..
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Heard great things about that fest. Many different choices and pretty fun.

New Glarus Serendipity - 8.5/10
Less sour than I usually like beer that is fruit based, but this is really nice stuff

Bourbon County Brand Stout 2011 - 8/10
Pretty solid combo of vanilla, malt, and bourbon.

Bourbon Country Brand Coffee Stout 2013 - 9/10
See above but add some solid coffee notes that probably help with what is usually a more "hot" beer when young

Pelican Seahops - 5/10
Pretty standard pale ale with not much going on

Cantillon Fou Foune - 10/10
This is pretty amazing stuff when fresher. Plenty of sour and apricot.

NightShift Somerweisse - 9/10
Really good berliner with a good amount of citrus and the nice addition of ginger to compliment

Hof Ten Dormaal Zure Van Tildonk - 8.5/10
More tart that sour. Very delicate in ways
Whiffleball Ace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by Whiffleball Ace »

Mendicant wrote:http://beeradvocate.com/acbf/ - American Craft Beer Festival in Boston

Anyone ever been to this? I'm looking for things to do around MDF but I'm a bit sus they have tickets on sale without even naming any breweries that will be there
I'd bet they would have pretty much the same line up as the fests in Philly or Atlantic City around the same time.

http://www.phillycraftbeerfest.com/
http://www.celebrationofthesuds.com/‎

Victory Hop Ranch - 9/10
Excellent smooth, pineapple-toned finish as opposed to perhaps Victory's Hop Wallop (another 8.5 - 9% IPA) which tastes a bit like a pine cone.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

1/10- no hop presence whatsoever...why Sam Adams is so popular is beyond me.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Off Color Brewing Scurry - 6.5/10
Kinda thin and a little sweet, but interesting

Off Color Troublesome - 7/10
I enjoy a decent gose. This is pretty good. Not as acidic as most which made the salt more detectable.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Burbon county barleywine- 7.5. So its aged in burbon county stout barrels, amazing right? I'm expecting to be tasting burbon county stout while drinking this barleywine, but I don't...its oaked, a good barleywine in itself, not overly hoppy, sweet. I guess compared to bcs (the most decadent beer you can get for the price imo), I'm slightly dissapointed. Will try another tonight and let it warm up more first for a re-eval...
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Ghost Dad wrote:Burbon county barleywine- 7.5. So its aged in burbon county stout barrels, amazing right? I'm expecting to be tasting burbon county stout while drinking this barleywine, but I don't...its oaked, a good barleywine in itself, not overly hoppy, sweet. I guess compared to bcs (the most decadent beer you can get for the price imo), I'm slightly dissapointed. Will try another tonight and let it warm up more first for a re-eval...
Upgrading to an 8.75. The sweetness pulls through just like the bcs and has that muted smooth mouthfeel, but bursting with malt profile. Not getting as much burbon in the nose as I want....but I'm buzzed off a single beer that hides its alcohol content well. Delish.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Mendicant wrote:http://beeradvocate.com/acbf/ - American Craft Beer Festival in Boston

I'll be there his year :tup: ,
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

I'm pretty much a super noob to craft beers but got a six pack of this, damn good 8/10

Also recently had an Apocalypse IPA from 10 Barrel, probably the best IPA I've tried and I generally don't like the style but this was excellent.
Wank night's cancelled
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Bought a 1/6 keg of wormtown be hoppy at work yesterday. ..10/10.
Thought this was good canned, but its even better on draft.
Excessit
There Was Blood Everywhere

Post by Excessit »

Is anyone going to Dark Lord Day? Going for the first time this year :tup:

La Folie 2014: 8.5/10 Not as tart as 2013, but I thought that one was overly so.
Big Blood Grenade
DO THE DEW!

Post by Big Blood Grenade »

Hoperation IPA from Wicked Beaver Brewing: 2/10

Super bitter, this is not a traditional IPA by any definition . . . tastes like someone took an average tart and hoppy saison and infused it with permanent marker. 2 points pretty much for alcohol content only (7.25%). Proudly brewed in Wolfforth, TX? Should have known.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Went down to Portland this last weekend for Hair of the Dog Brewing Fred Fest. Here were the highlights:

Cascade Brewing - Super Cherry Vlad 10/10
My favorite thing they have ever done. I had about 6 of them. Mostly at the end because I didn't want to completely blow out my palate. Tons of sour cherry goodness melding with the spice and barrel notes that Vlad already has.

Craftsman Brewing - Sour Grape Ale 8/10
Kinda like a sour grape crush, without being sweet.

Fort George Brewing - North VII - Bourbon BBL aged Belgian IPA 8/10
Not usually a fan of barrel aged IPAs, but this was nice the hops still got to shine without it tasting old.

New Belgium Brewing - Love 9/10
Not usually a NB fan but this had so many layers of flavor.

Day before Fred Fest favorites:

Westie 12 10/10
Courtesy of Mr. Introvert and got to finally meet Bob. I think everything has been said about this beer that can be. I was just thankful to get the chance to experience it.

Perennial - 17 Bourbon Barreled Mint Chocolate Stout 10/10
Damn good. Not sweet, but all the elements are there unlike some of the others I've tried. The mint is more than just herbaceous with this and the bourbon doesn't run over the top of everything.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Pretty strong on the nose. Has that bright hoppy smell you'd expect from an IPA but taste is actually really mild on the bite yet still has a full flavor. Really good ....sorry for my ignorant sounding review as I know fuck all about craft beers.

8.5/10
Wank night's cancelled
Thrashmaster Flash
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Thrashmaster Flash »

cibola wrote:New Belgium Brewing - Love 9/10
Was it the Loves Leopold, or the regular Love? They've been carting that Loves Leopold out at festivals for a while now (I had it at GABF in October and Hunahpu's Day in March), and it's absolutely top-tier stuff. It's Love aged in Leopold Bros Blackberry Whiskey barrels.

A lot of people shit on NB for being a bigger brewery (I personally enjoy their beers), but the sour and barrel-aged program at that brewery is excellent beyond question, in my opinion. I spent some time bullshitting with Lauren Salazar (head of NB's sensory program and barrel-aging/sour/Lips of Faith projects) when we were working on a collaboration beer, and she knows more about this stuff than you would believe and also manages to turn that knowledge into some insanely good American wild ales. Lips of Faith definitely has some odd moments, but I jump at the opportunity to try any of the NB sours.
Thrashmaster Flash
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Thrashmaster Flash »

cibola wrote:Cantillon Fou Foune - 10/10
I know this is an old post, but just as a heads-up, since it seems that you get Cascade somewhat regularly: the latest Cascade Apricot is drinking ridiculously good right now. I've had it twice in the last month and it's honestly up there with Fou Foune, in terms of juicy, fresh apricot character. Both beers are wildly different when aged, but when fresh, it's hard to beat this Cascade! If only it weren't as expensive as Cantillon in the first place...
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Thrashmaster Flash wrote:
cibola wrote:Cantillon Fou Foune - 10/10
I know this is an old post, but just as a heads-up, since it seems that you get Cascade somewhat regularly: the latest Cascade Apricot is drinking ridiculously good right now. I've had it twice in the last month and it's honestly up there with Fou Foune, in terms of juicy, fresh apricot character. Both beers are wildly different when aged, but when fresh, it's hard to beat this Cascade! If only it weren't as expensive as Cantillon in the first place...
I get it for $20 max fresh. Let me know if you need any Cascade.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Thrashmaster Flash wrote:
cibola wrote:New Belgium Brewing - Love 9/10
Was it the Loves Leopold, or the regular Love? They've been carting that Loves Leopold out at festivals for a while now (I had it at GABF in October and Hunahpu's Day in March), and it's absolutely top-tier stuff. It's Love aged in Leopold Bros Blackberry Whiskey barrels.

A lot of people shit on NB for being a bigger brewery (I personally enjoy their beers), but the sour and barrel-aged program at that brewery is excellent beyond question, in my opinion. I spent some time bullshitting with Lauren Salazar (head of NB's sensory program and barrel-aging/sour/Lips of Faith projects) when we were working on a collaboration beer, and she knows more about this stuff than you would believe and also manages to turn that knowledge into some insanely good American wild ales. Lips of Faith definitely has some odd moments, but I jump at the opportunity to try any of the NB sours.
Was told regular Love using apple whiskey barrels
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

1/10- fucking horrible
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Are those longshots still available, erik? It would be cool if they released them at the sams brewery on draft.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

I haven't seen any lately...and they don't have them on draft.
I really haven't tried any that were good.