rate the last beer(s) you had 1-10

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Thrashmaster Flash
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Re: rate the last beer(s) you had 1-10

Post by Thrashmaster Flash »

cibola wrote: I get it for $20 max fresh. Let me know if you need any Cascade.
I need Cascade. Do you need Cigar City?
Jesus H Dump
Cranker9

Post by Jesus H Dump »

Erik13 wrote:Image

1/10- fucking horrible
The fact that you even tried that is fucked!
Jesus H Dump
Cranker9

Post by Jesus H Dump »

cibola wrote:Went down to Portland this last weekend for Hair of the Dog Brewing Fred Fest.
Westie 12 10/10
Courtesy of Mr. Introvert and got to finally meet Bob. I think everything has been said about this beer that can be. I was just thankful to get the chance to experience it.
Good to finally meet you too man! We will partake again!!!
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Jesus H Dump wrote:
The fact that you even tried that is fucked!
I got them at the bargain bin at work.
tried this one last night...4/10

cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Thrashmaster Flash wrote:
cibola wrote: I get it for $20 max fresh. Let me know if you need any Cascade.
I need Cascade. Do you need Cigar City?
Sure. There might be some stuff from Georgia that you get as well. PM me what you want. The full list is pretty much around at most places by me.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Becks - 3/10

What was once one of my favorite go-to bodega choices is taking the hint from one of their neighbors in the fridge, slowly turning into Coors Light. Might have had a shitty batch the last few times but I think they've really been half-assing it. It tasted like soda water.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

DFH Beer Thousand - 6/10 for taste, 10/10 for novelty.

had the first batch of this at a Guided by Voices show in Madison on Friday. it's commemorating the 20th anniversary of Bee Thousand, duh.

there was no info posted about it other than it was a lager. was already somewhat drunk but it went down smooth and didn't taste that much different than a normal domestic lager, actually. had three of them and found out the next day it was 10% which also explained why I don't remember the last part of the night :|
strict
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by strict »

natural ice

it gets u high on alcohol for 4$

Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Cibola, Where do you buy cascade?
I started buying them and having them mailed from the website...cheaper if you buy a few.

I've found their beers don't age we'll, though. I've been keeping them cold, and after a few months, a lot of the nuanced flavor fades.
The 2011 noyaux was fucking awesome when fresh, but lost a lot of it's nuttiness months later.

I've really been enjoying the 2 beers India session ale lately.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Thrashmaster Flash
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Necrophilic Mallard wrote:Cibola, Where do you buy cascade?
I started buying them and having them mailed from the website...cheaper if you buy a few.

I've found their beers don't age we'll, though. I've been keeping them cold, and after a few months, a lot of the nuanced flavor fades.
The 2011 noyaux was fucking awesome when fresh, but lost a lot of it's nuttiness months later.
Fruit lambics/wild ales in general fade pretty quickly, and Cascade tends to work with fruits that fade extra fast (apricot, strawberry, blueberry). Cherry is honestly one of the only fruit flavors that I think holds up pretty well over time. Amazingly, I had an Upland 2011 Persimmon Lambic a couple of weeks ago, and it had HUGE persimmon flavor still. I have no idea how that's possible, but it was crazy.

Basically, I never age fruit lambics unless I have at least 2 bottles — I stick with gueuze and straight lambic when it comes to aging (I have an '09 Cantillon Brouscella Grand Cru that I'm saving for my girlfriend and I's 10-year anniversary, which happens to also be 10 years from the vintage date). That said, anyone want to come over and drink some beers? I have Cantillon Kriek and St. Lamvinus, 3F Kriek, Upland Blackberry, and CCB Big Don Gavino (Guava)...
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Thrashmaster Flash wrote:
Necrophilic Mallard wrote:Cibola, Where do you buy cascade?

Fruit lambics/wild ales in general fade pretty quickly, and Cascade tends to work with fruits that fade extra fast (apricot, strawberry, blueberry). Cherry is honestly one of the only fruit flavors that I think holds up pretty well over time. Amazingly, I had an Upland 2011 Persimmon Lambic a couple of weeks ago, and it had HUGE persimmon flavor still. I have no idea how that's possible, but it was crazy.

Basically, I never age fruit lambics unless I have at least 2 bottles — I stick with gueuze and straight lambic when it comes to aging (I have an '09 Cantillon Brouscella Grand Cru that I'm saving for my girlfriend and I's 10-year anniversary, which happens to also be 10 years from the vintage date). That said, anyone want to come over and drink some beers? I have Cantillon Kriek and St. Lamvinus, 3F Kriek, Upland Blackberry, and CCB Big Don Gavino (Guava)...
I usually prefer most of the Cascade stuff fresh with some exceptions (Sang Noir, Vlad, Figaro). Same goes for the Loons. I've had 10 yr old LPK and it wasn't as good to me as the fresh ones. There are some people are super into aging them, but it never is quite the same.

Necrophilic Mallard: I buy from the bottle shop by me. They have the full spectrum that Cascade puts out for retail for the same price as the website. Also have friends going down to Portland frequently that bring the barrel house only stuff back up.

Thrashmaster Flash: I'll be right over. Still never gotten my hands on 3F Kriek, or any of the Upland.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

10/10- great hoppy flavor and low 4.8%. These session beers are getting better all the time.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Glad to see another person enjoying the session IPAs coming out.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Avery Anniversary 21 - 6/10
Interesting attempt on combining imperial brown and a double ipa. A little too syrupy for me. Could have used some hops that weren't just bittering coming through.

Almanac Farmers Reserve Pluot - 8.5/10
Really nice. The wine barrel and pluot work well in this
Thrashmaster Flash
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

cibola wrote:Glad to see another person enjoying the session IPAs coming out.
You said the magic word!

Me CALLING IT a year ago: http://marketplace.tampabay.com/things- ... on/2126383

And more recently: http://marketplace.tampabay.com/things- ... on/2126383

I'm heading out to grab some beers for you today. I'm glad to hear you dig session IPA.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Almanac Farmers Reserve Citrus - 8.75/10
Really nice and bright. Top 3 out of that whole series. Plenty of citrus and sour. Mild carbonation.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Cigar City Brewing American Sour Ale - 9.5/10
Thanks to Thrashmaster Flash for putting this in a trade box along with quite a few others that I have enjoyed lately. Possibly one of the cooler beers I have had in quite a while . The cedar is there, but not over the top and the sourness isn't too crazy. The finish is so clean. Really refreshing for the style. I suspect this is because of the more brett than lacto yeast.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Black Label.

8/10

cold wet non-offensive and cheap. goes good with peanuts from price-rite.

rediscovering the joy of enjoying a plain old beer all summer.

Was a fun ride tasting 'spensive stuff..been there, but I don't really need enough hops to make paint peel for me to enjoy a brew.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Assplay!!!
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Assplay!!! »

9 / 10
Dig it.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Erik13 wrote:Image

10/10- great hoppy flavor and low 4.8%. These session beers are getting better all the time.
:tup: :tup:

Two Roads kicks ass. Possibly my favorite brewers out of CT, everything I've had from them has been absolutely fantastic.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

9/10
sadfist got me this from his visit from Cali
very consistent taste - apple-y aroma - super tasty.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I had Beck's Octoberfest and Budweiser's Black Crown on Friday. I can't remember too much about either now, but I know both were fine. I think the Bud might have been pretty strong because I got a little sloppy pretty fast.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

I remember having the Black Crown and being very unimpressed, this is when it first came out like 2 years ago though.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Deschutes fresh squeeze ipa 9/10
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

I heard cascade stopped delivering to WA, and on their website they cited legal reasons for discontinuing mail orders....bummer.
Fact #7