Post by a world of no »

omg u gaiz... git dlc. so gud.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by The Bill »

a world of no wrote:omg u gaiz... git dlc. so gud.
Shook the post hangover tiredness with a nap on the couch. Had a dream I played the DLC. This game is all up I'm my head. If I didn't have a wife & kids I could seriously see myself taking a vacation week from work, not to go anywhere, but just play this game. :oops:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i am doing 3 other things right now but all im thinking about is this game and true detective really.. :cry:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:I just want to say that the poison lake in Blight Town was a load of bull shit. At least Zelda would give you poison walking boots or something.
There's plenty of gear that'll let you run around the poison swamp for a reasonable amount of time. Poisonbite Ring + Shadow Set + Rusted Iron Ring = no more poisonz.

I'm actually pulling off successful Darkmoon Blade invasions now. I know those are the easy ones, but fuck it - shouldn't have sinned, bungholes. But really, one of them today I felt bad about. Some character at maybe SL 40-ish (I'm at 120 atm) who had a phantom summoned just to help get through Anor Londo, so he might've been new. I invaded from the room outside Fatboy and Slim's arena, backtracked, ran into the two fighting that one silver knight with the spear coming up the stairs guarding the two chests and basically just hit the dude from behind and he croaked almost instantly. Then I invaded again five minutes later and I'm 90% sure it was the same person. Killed him again. At least it was from the front this time.

Too bad - the guilty pay the price, muhfuckaz.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:Hey guys-- serious question about the Four Kings:

Why do they call them the Four Kings?
Because some of us actually live long enough to see the other three.

Also Febtus, for heaven's sake, get the eff'n DLC, it's excellent.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:
spacehamster wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:Hey guys-- serious question about the Four Kings:

Why do they call them the Four Kings?
Because some of us actually live long enough to see the other three.

Also Febtus, for heaven's sake, get the eff'n DLC, it's excellent.
:fp:

Pretty sure my second spoiler should have hipped to you what just happened, Mr.Hampster.
I, uh, I knew that, I just wanted to see if you knew what you meant.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote::lol: :lol: :lhug:
:oops:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
In my defense, it's 1:30 am here and I've been drinking beer and playing DkS ever since I came home from work.
Also, GET THE DAMN DLC.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Pisscubes wrote::lol: :lol: :lhug:

Feels good, man.

So, Gwyn is all that remains.

But, I haven't done painted world yet. And I probably should have more than 3 frickin' humanity before I go in.

And I don't think I have the very large ember and I want a +15 sword.

So... I guess I have some stuff to do first! :awesome:

I... I never thought I'd make it this far. Every time I beat someone, it was always, "Yeah, but I still have to kill _____ and _____ and then ______ ..."

The bogey men-- Blighttown, the fortress, 4 Kings, Gravelord... all of them DEAD or in the rear-view.

:bean: :beer: :brokenheart: :bean:
Don't fucking kill Gwyn yet... You've missed out on a lot of shit. The game is about exploring, dude. You seriously need to spend some time doing it. And get the fucking DLC. And PvP, and there's lots of other stuff. This shit isn't made to be "beaten", but experienced. Once you beat Gwyn you start all over again, with all your shit from before, which you'll need, but still... Painted World; Shit in Anor Londo you probably missed. Tons of shit.

You can probably safely watch the Vaati youtube lore videos now btw.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah geoff, i beat the game maybe only two-three? months ago or so and i've never been more engrossed in it and enjoying as i am now. it truly doesnt start until its over.
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote: Isn't it too late for this playthrough though?
No. The whole Sif thing isn't a huge deal, and it only matters if you've seen the pre-DLC version of his cutscene anyway. You actually want to do the DLC late in the game because it's hard. Now's a perfect time, if anything. Also, everything Streven said. If you want to explore everything properly, it'll be far easier now - if you go into NG+, you'll have to unlock everything all over again (you lose all your keys, embers, the Covenant of Artorias and the Lordvessel.) Don't leave yet. The ending can wait. Now's the time to read up on shit you've missed and go check it out.
FVBTVS wrote:yeah geoff, i beat the game maybe only two-three? months ago or so and i've never been more engrossed in it and enjoying as i am now. it truly doesnt start until its over.
I was thinking earlier today how this game is more like a really good album - it gets better the more times I play it because I understand it better and everything about how the world is put together is fucking awesome.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I played for a little last night. Mostly just to backtrack out of hell, Blighttown, & the Depth so I don't have to do that next time I play. What is up with Kingseeker Gowls? That is some ugly ass character design. Any way, had extra time so I just explored around. Darkroot Basin, Londo Ruins, and Valley of the Drakes? Ow geeze there, Edith! Should I try one if these before Sen's Fortress, hmm?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Which is exactly why we didn't because we know you're a woman
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's so true. I'd be the worst dad on Earth
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
If my autistic son was a god damned pansy
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Killing Priscilla is optional and counts as sin. So... no. Also, you've now sinned and THE GUILTY MUST BE PUNISHED.

Speaking of which, isn't SL125 supposed to be the sweet spot for PVP? I just spent over half an hour trying to invade in Anor Londo, the Archives and Darkroot and I'm coming up empty. Since the Blue Eye Orb casts the widest net SL-wise, I'd think that's my best chance to find someone? Well, except joining the Forest Covenant, but I don't feel like getting jumped by three guys at once every 30 seconds.

Anyway, I think I'm going to keep this character at 125 until DkS2 comes out. If I get through Artorias this time, I'll have opened up every area of the game, I've got all the gear I want, no reason to level up anymore, really.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

spacehamster wrote:Since the Blue Eye Orb casts the widest net SL-wise, I'd think that's my best chance to find someone?
the longer the game was out, the more luck I had with the red eye orb compared to the blue since a lot of players still playing are at higher levels (so plenty of people in the summon range).

It usually leads to tougher fights though since you're not going to be invading any SL40 scrubs.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote: It usually leads to tougher fights though since you're not going to be invading any SL40 scrubs.
Ha, yeah, I'm kind of done pasting scrubs, though. It's fun, but when the soul counter goes up by barely over 7K I always feel like I just pushed some little kid over and took his candy. I guess I'll switch covenants tomorrow and see how it goes with the red orb.
Pisscubes wrote:Did any of you every actually use any of the boss' souls to make weapons? I still have all of the name specific souls and I'm considering cashing them in and going hog wild on upgrade and equipment unless someone can tell me a neat weapon I should make.
Most of them are kind of useless IMO, but it really depends on your build. Look it up on the wiki and see if anything tickles your fancy. You can also check out how many souls you get for cashing in instead, and honestly, since you're close to finishing, you'll probably find it's not really all that much anymore.

Speaking of finishing, fucking get the fucking DLC, god-fucking-dammit. I can totally understand your itch to go and fight Gwyn, but you'll come out the other end still wanting more, and then you're back plowing your way out of the asylum again.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Pisscubes wrote:Did any of you every actually use any of the boss' souls to make weapons?
Used the soul of quelaag to craft Quelaag's Furysword which became one of my go to weapons for the rest of my playthrough. Lots of fire damage with a humanity bonus to boot.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

You can do the DLC in NG+ of course, but it'll be soul-crushingly difficult. If you're planning to play through the whole game again before DkS2 comes out, I guess you might as well go ahead and wrap it up now, but you'll feel like someone took all your toys away afterwards.

What SL are you?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

Pisscubes wrote:
spacehamster wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote: It usually leads to tougher fights though since you're not going to be invading any SL40 scrubs.
Ha, yeah, I'm kind of done pasting scrubs, though. It's fun, but when the soul counter goes up by barely over 7K I always feel like I just pushed some little kid over and took his candy. I guess I'll switch covenants tomorrow and see how it goes with the red orb.
Pisscubes wrote:Did any of you every actually use any of the boss' souls to make weapons? I still have all of the name specific souls and I'm considering cashing them in and going hog wild on upgrade and equipment unless someone can tell me a neat weapon I should make.
Most of them are kind of useless IMO, but it really depends on your build. Look it up on the wiki and see if anything tickles your fancy. You can also check out how many souls you get for cashing in instead, and honestly, since you're close to finishing, you'll probably find it's not really all that much anymore.

Speaking of finishing, fucking get the fucking DLC, god-fucking-dammit. I can totally understand your itch to go and fight Gwyn, but you'll come out the other end still wanting more, and then you're back plowing your way out of the asylum again.

I will get the DLC. But it might have to be done on the next playthrough... I've... just got... such blueballs here. I know-- the game IS about exploring but it's also a game about multiple playthrough. I NEED TO CONQUER IT.
not conquered until all is explored
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

spacehamster wrote:when the soul counter goes up by barely over 7K I always feel like I just pushed some little kid over and took his candy.
I just realized the amount of souls I get is actually 10% of what it took to level up, so 7K souls actually means I just took out a SL110 guy.

Now I actually feel kind of awesome. These guys were barely below my level and I crushed them. Definitely time to go have a chat with Kaathe.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Pisscubes wrote:The DLC will be downloaded but most likely shelved for a rainy, post d2-day.
Just... I.... dude. you're going to pay $15 for content that is without a doubt better than half of the normal game, arguably like 80% of the regular game, but put it on the shelf even though you're in full-on dark souls mode and maybe never even get around to playing it?

someone else try to convince him. this hurts my brain/heart/dick too much.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I think this game shows a bit if your personality in how you play it. Myself I like to take it slow but be prepaired. The game wants to hunt me, but in reality I learn and level when I can to become the hunter. I will not beat it until every inches has been cummed on by me. This whore thinks it's a tough girl. Going to fight me every inch of the way. I'm going to have to endorse a rave, a disco, a Halloween party, and her parents on her terms to finally get in her pants? No! What is going to happen is I'm going to pass these tests and then she will want me. Then we have sex, then I say not good enough, and leave her crying in a lump wearing the fetishy gear I wanted her to wear. I'll never wear the diapers she showed me on the first date.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

This is why your alcoholic abusive video game father will never love you.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

You don't get any dinner until kalameet is dead.