Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by ghost boner »

Sunset boulevard - 8/10
formerly ghost boner
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Menashe - "The goyim have broken homes, that's why they have a broken society"/10 :tup: :tup2:

Last edited by MeatGrease on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:00 pm Anyone else kinda surprised by the surge of interest in "IT"?

i think movie studios just tried to capitalize on the success of stranger things because thats exactly what this movie feels like.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

mother! 8/10 definitely worth watching, probably one of my least favorite aronofsky movies though

neckbeard's gotta see it asap at least
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

White Noise - 4
Fright Night (1985) - 8
It (2017) - 8
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

God's Own Country - 8
Hellraiser: Bloodline - 3
Hellraiser: Inferno - 2
Johnny Mnemonic - 5
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Back to the Future - 10
Terminator 2 - 10
Die Hard - 10
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

Rupture - Fuckumentary - 8
The Dim Little Island - 8
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

IT 7.5/10
It definitely has its moments. The banter between the kids reminds me of what I was like at that age way, way too much. It's so strangely perfect, sans the weird as fuck stuff where they just leave their expensive BMXes in the middle of the street for no reason at all.
The action editing needs to die in a fire, though. Nowadays movies have way, way too many fast cuts and if they'd just slow down and let it breathe a little more the film would be far better though. Worked well for the overhead projector scene but everything else would have been better with more judicious editing. Too much sugar rush, not enough brooding.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Rev. Christberg wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:47 pm IT 7.5/10
It definitely has its moments. The banter between the kids reminds me of what I was like at that age way, way too much. It's so strangely perfect, sans the weird as fuck stuff where they just leave their expensive BMXes in the middle of the street for no reason at all.
The action editing needs to die in a fire, though. Nowadays movies have way, way too many fast cuts and if they'd just slow down and let it breathe a little more the film would be far better though. Worked well for the overhead projector scene but everything else would have been better with more judicious editing. Too much sugar rush, not enough brooding.
Spot on review. Really didn't understand some of the effects and editing choices here but the direction overall felt pretty solid. Not into the intro kill scene AT ALL though. Bathroom and projector scenes were the best as well as all the kids.
No Cunting Elves
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Necrometer wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:58 pm mother! 8/10 definitely worth watching, probably one of my least favorite aronofsky movies though

tits?
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Foot Foot
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Foot Foot »

A Dark Song - 8.5/10
Raw - 9/10
mother! - 8/10
dude basically took big studio money and an It Girl from a popular YA superhero franchise and trolled mall crowds (and art fags) into watching a batshit italian gore movie.
Last edited by Foot Foot on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

:tup:
THE KILL wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:10 am
Necrometer wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:58 pmmother! 8/10 definitely worth watching, probably one of my least favorite aronofsky movies though

tits?
yes! I'd recommend you just looked up her hacked photos, but I feel even worse about even having seen them in the first place post-movie...

and I can't believe it got the elite "F" cinemascore (a metric so fluffed up that totally shitty movies routinely get a "B") WHEN YOU GET TO SEE JENNIFER LAWERNCE'S BOOBS

https://www.avclub.com/mother-earns-a-r ... 1818476876
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

Honky Kong 64 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:23 am
Rev. Christberg wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:47 pm IT 7.5/10
Spot on review. Really didn't understand some of the effects and editing choices here but the direction overall felt pretty solid. Not into the intro kill scene AT ALL though. Bathroom and projector scenes were the best as well as all the kids.
The intro scene could have been better for sure. I understand what they were going for, but the arm bite looked ridiculously bad and Georgie should have been less trusting. Part of the problem is the kid actor didn't have the requisite chops I think. Would have been better if they used a practical effect and partially degloved the arm instead, too.

If I had to guess, the editing is probably that CGI effects always have bad lighting, and it's particularly noticeable when stuff pans around, especially in the backgrounds. So you do a bunch of short cuts to cover it up instead.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Necrometer wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:16 pm :tup:
THE KILL wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:10 am
Necrometer wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:58 pmmother! 8/10 definitely worth watching, probably one of my least favorite aronofsky movies though

tits?
yes! I'd recommend you just looked up her hacked photos
Oh I've seen those :tup: and her reptile coccyx as well! 8)
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

what *was* up with that mound above her buttcrack? kinda intriguing...

baby driver 6.5/10 I don't think edgar wright really does it for me
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

Bad Timing - 8
The Liberation Of Skopje - 6
Swaying Mariko - 5
I'm Not Here - 7
featherboa
The 7000 Club

Post by featherboa »

Broken Flowers

has Mulatu and Sleep
maybe there was a Neurosis T I didn't see
Image Certified Poster
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

THE KILL wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:52 am
Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:00 pm
I fucking love Stephen King, but it's in the way that you'd love a loyal, retarded dog who's been in the family since you were 12. Your life would've been incomplete without that dog, and it's a beautiful rewarding thing who saves you from drowning in a lake and brings you sticks, and pukes everywhere because it can't stop eating garbage, and it's ashamed because it knows it's not supposed to eat from the garbage, the poor hilarious dog. You don't love a dog like that because it's great at math and you don't rely on it to give you advice about your 401k. It's value is high and discernable, but it is not allowed inside most restaurants.

I don't know how to explain that, and I don't know why I keep being asked to. I'm going to stop going to parties.
You make a good point here. Much of King's stuff is at the very least decent literature because it's successful in what it wants to do, be scary. Most of it doesn't aim to be high art I guess, but it's still good shit. Apart from the first Gunslinger novel, which awesome surreal art.

I've been surprised at IT's success, too. Everything I'd seen from the film pointed to it being some uninspiring non scary bullshit that juggalos might enjoy...
I liked & read nearly all the Stephen King novels available to me up until I was about 18-20. I read The Stand a few times, but I loved Night Shift, Skeleton Crew & Bachman Books the best.

It is the best example of why I loved the short stories the best - because in the main they had more effective endings than the long stories

It on the other hand has the worst ending from a writer who doesn’t do amazing endings in the main, from his pre-accident prime.

Pet Cemetery has the best scary final page of a King novel I can remember & was the first time I experienced a ‘spine chill’.

I wonder if someone could make the long walk and make it watchable?
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Dude. I've often wondered why no one has ever made a movie of The Long Walk. I'd love to see someone like Lynch take it on, and make it like a dark version of The Straight Story. It seems like the perfect story for a really incredible character piece that just bombs in theatres :lol:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Living in Oblivion - 7.5/10
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Chasing Coral - 10
Strong Island - 8.5
Lord of Illusions: Director's Cut - 8
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

IT - 3/10 Baby back bitch Amblin garbage partners up with softcore nu-horror to defang and neuter an interesting and scary premise.

mother! - 6/10 Won't get into the allegorical circle jerk but definitely appreciate how this movie had a delirious and unhinged feel especially after suffering through that clown sucking off the Sandlot trash beforehand.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
Eight Bit Alien
need...miss...want...

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Hahahha
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

In the Year of the Pig - 8
The Dark Mile - 4
The Misandrists - 5