The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by FVBTVS »

i murdered a woman in cold blood and broad day light with an axe in the center of that space city in the beginning
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:01 pm i murdered a woman in cold blood and broad day light with an axe in the center of that space city in the beginning
I just arrived and spent a half an hour changing the colors of my space ship. I hear you have to be careful doing stuff like axe murdering or throwing grenades down busy hallways or else you’ll get DIVORCED!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I can’t, this game is a mess. I’ll wait for patches , even if unofficial.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:24 am I can’t, this game is a mess. I’ll wait for patches , even if unofficial.
You bought a Bethesda RPG on day one.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Eight Bit Alien
Daddy would you like some sausage?

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

^Seth Putnam if he had gotten help and mellowed out
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:58 pm
The Bill wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:24 am I can’t, this game is a mess. I’ll wait for patches , even if unofficial.
You bought a Bethesda RPG on day one.
Yes, but I also did that with Skyrim, Fallout 3, & 4 and didn’t have to deal with such an un-optimized piece of trash. They totally just worked on the Xbox version and released whatever on PC.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:01 pm
Yes, but I also did that with Skyrim, Fallout 3, & 4 and didn’t have to deal with such an un-optimized piece of trash. They totally just worked on the Xbox version and released whatever on PC.
I thought they were all buggy as fuck on release? I dunno, I'm just talking shit, I think I mentioned the other day I have maybe 5 hours total in Bethesda games and all of it was when those games were already old.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

only buggy bethesda launches i actually played and remembered were fallout new vegas which was essentially unplayable and people seem to have memory holed now and of course 76

Skyrim worked and fo4 worked !

I think

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:14 pm only buggy bethesda launches i actually played and remembered were fallout new vegas which was essentially unplayable and people seem to have memory holed now and of course 76

Skyrim worked and fo4 worked !

I think
New Vegas was made by Obsidian, and they are notoriously worse at buggy releases.

Anyhow, I wait for patches or come back whenever I get a new PC, one day.

So, I guess I will play Outer World (Obsidian).
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

It seems it is finally a good time to upgrade gaming PCs.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Krieg wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:37 am It seems it is finally a good time to upgrade gaming PCs.
I have so much shit I haven’t played (PC Games, mods, emulated console games) that I’d be a fool to jump now, just for new games. Outside of my PC croaking, it’s best to keep it,?the later I wait the more powerful it can potentially be at the same price.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

It depends what you have now. In my case I have an AM4 based PC from 2017. While my motherboard (B450) should be dead for upgrades already, the gaming community made so much noise that manufacturers made the effort to keep them alive for longer. So with around 500-600 EUR I can get a new CPU and GPU and I can bring my PC to be able to play whatever game in maxed 1080p. This will bring life to my PC for probably another 5 years I guess. If you have something not upgradeable then you will need new motherboard and new RAM as well.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Doom mods are consuming my game desires.

Damn or thank you, James
Eight Bit Alien

The Bill wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:39 pm Doom mods are consuming my game desires.

Damn or thank you, James
I hope I didn't infect you too badly!
I reinstalled Doom Eternal on the Switch and it's absolutely not scratching the itch. It feels like I'm trying to transition to some other, weaker drug to escape my true addiction.

I really want to like this game (Eternal) but the more it settles, the more I think they actually fucked it up... and it's like a shitty arcade game with a DOOM skin plastered on top. It's like awful Mario 64 jumping levels with fight intermissions... and I'm starting to realize I don't like the fight intermissions very much either. I wish they had released some single player DLC for Doom 2016!!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:37 am
The Bill wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:39 pm Doom mods are consuming my game desires.

Damn or thank you, James
I hope I didn't infect you too badly!
I reinstalled Doom Eternal on the Switch and it's absolutely not scratching the itch. It feels like I'm trying to transition to some other, weaker drug to escape my true addiction.

I really want to like this game (Eternal) but the more it settles, the more I think they actually fucked it up... and it's like a shitty arcade game with a DOOM skin plastered on top. It's like awful Mario 64 jumping levels with fight intermissions... and I'm starting to realize I don't like the fight intermissions very much either. I wish they had released some single player DLC for Doom 2016!!
Exactly, exactly, exactly !!! It’s pretty and I like the music and….. I think it when he blows up the moon. But this not DOOM at all. It’s an arena shooter with an annoying ammo/health gimmick , with N64 puzzle jumps, and the Darksiders universe shoved into Doom packaging. DOOM 3 flies too close to Half-Life some times but it’s still 1000x more DOOM than Eternal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i reinstalled eternal too and just cant get into it either. too many fiddly mechanics and ammo/ability jugglings and very hit scan-y enemy attacks that are basically auto death on higher difficulties. doesnt feel grimy anymore

they pushed the formula a little too far for me. its a shame because i though the story stuff in 2016 was cool and im curious about what they did in eternal

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:57 pm imi though the story stuff in 2016 was cool and im curious about what they did in eternal
They blew it. Story is fucking stupid. Your character suddenly has a floating castle as a spaceship and the demon’s are more like 90’s Image comics villains than a demonic presence from hell. There are angels and aliens worlds. Other stupid shit, I think the DLC has your clone as the main bad guy. Fucking hipster millennials and Gen Pee rewriting shit, thinking they’re cute. Garbage.
Eight Bit Alien

Definitely repeating myself here but...

I also loved the story in 2016 and wound up just fucking confused by DE. Like what the hell are all these other races? God sent the demons and the myakyaers got tricked and some are good? Oh wow i dont care anymore.

The etherial warriors pointing the way in 2016 made my arm hairs stand up - like what the fuck are they teasing here?? Whats the bigger picture? So cool!

We should make a doom 2 mod that tells the real story
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I went full autism on Doom Eternal, but it definitely didn't particularly feel like a Doom game. The over the top violence still felt right, but it didn't even try to be a horror game anymore, and the weird space fantasy lore stuff... I just ignored all that.
Eight Bit Alien

I assume PC? I think part of what's throwing me is the platforming, using a game console controller. I die A LOT and i really dislike replaying shit over and over.... especially with NO QUICKSAVING AND SHITTY LOAD TIMES

I WANT TO LIKE THIS GAME THOUGH
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

PARADISELOST.WAD by MiltonMarine222

I have 8 children.
Eight Bit Alien

Final room is eric harris being eaten by a cyberdemon forever
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

jofa's globe shaped head would make a good caco demon texture replace

I have 8 children.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:24 pm I die A LOT and i really dislike replaying shit over and over.... especially with NO QUICKSAVING AND SHITTY LOAD TIMES

me playing elden ring

I've been kind of dickin' around but last night i beated up Godfrey, First Elden Lord (Golden Shade) and Morgott, the Omen King in Leyndell

my autistic son made me use comet azur on margott and that felt kind of cheap but oh well
Image Certified Poster
Eight Bit Alien

FVBTVS wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:34 pm jofa's globe shaped head would make a good caco demon texture replace
Hahahhaa oh shit woah
This is giving me brainstorms