random picture thread....

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: random picture thread....

Post by spacehamster »

TheMooretician wrote:That shit is a fucking abomination that offends me to a degree that I will never be able to fully articulate
Are you saying you know about this stuff and it's real? Because to me it looks like it was put together by someone who has never actually met an adolescent in person. Every single kid I teach would be offended by the condescension, even the ones who don't touch a book unless you put a gun to their head. Actually, especially those ones.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
TheMooretician
The Forsaken Mourning of Angelic Anguish

Post by TheMooretician »

Chad: :tup: :tup: :tup:
spacehamster wrote:
TheMooretician wrote:That shit is a fucking abomination that offends me to a degree that I will never be able to fully articulate
Are you saying you know about this stuff and it's real? Because to me it looks like it was put together by someone who has never actually met an adolescent in person. Every single kid I teach would be offended by the condescension, even the ones who don't touch a book unless you put a gun to their head. Actually, especially those ones.
Yes and yes. Definitely real. There's lots of equally awful shit that makes nonsense like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies seem like Infinite Jest and the younger kids eat it up. Granted, some of the older, more advanced students I've worked with would have hated this shit but the regular, college-prep sophomores I'm teaching this year would be all over it. They would roll their eyes at it for sure, but ultimately they would choose to rely on it before they would go near the unaltered text. Hard to say if it is more an issue of abject laziness or a true lack of ability to understand, but I'm inclined to go with the former.
Idget Child
Big McLargeHuge

Post by Idget Child »

TheMooretician wrote:Chad: :tup: :tup: :tup:
spacehamster wrote:
Yes and yes. Definitely real. There's lots of equally awful shit that makes nonsense like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies seem like Infinite Jest and the younger kids eat it up. Granted, some of the older, more advanced students I've worked with would have hated this shit but the regular, college-prep sophomores I'm teaching this year would be all over it. They would roll their eyes at it for sure, but ultimately they would choose to rely on it before they would go near the unaltered text. Hard to say if it is more an issue of abject laziness or a true lack of ability to understand, but I'm inclined to go with the former.
1. I understand that people are hesitant to believe that those emoji Shakespeare books exist, but those books are old news to anyone who has ever walked into a bookstore in the last few years.

2. If you have any colleagues who actually entertain these approaches, then that is beyond abhorrent. I work in a moderately well-off district but we have a few teachers who are certainly not up to snuff as far as our school likes to present it. Nonetheless, we don't have any literature teachers who would entertain this tripe.

3. Kids are fucking tenderheads.
Chad wrote:Idget child might be the worst poster here though...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Suddenly I feel very sheltered.

Anyway, the only Shakespeare I'm doing with my English class at the moment is the sonnets, and I guess the great advantage there is that the students understand on some level that just because they can paraphrase roughly "what it's saying" doesn't really mean they've understood the first thing about it. Which is why they say they hate doing poetry, of course, but seriously, I'd rather have them understand it and not like it than do the equivalent of looking at a fucking stick figure drawing instead of the Mona Lisa.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... -emoticons
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
He should get Rondot to help
jefferson
DO THE DEW!

Post by jefferson »

"Some patrons thought the stabbing was a performance art presentation. Others believed the police tape cordoning off an area of the convention center was part of an art installation."
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 69515.html

LOL
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

did they translate shakespeare from the original klingon?
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

I have 8 children.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

hahaha
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

jefferson wrote: Image
:brokenheart:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

LOL
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Wormholegenerator wrote:Image

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

I have 8 children.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol:

I have 8 children.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

hes from the streets
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

People getting pissed off because of a Wu-Tang album in 2015? :lol: :fp:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

:false:
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Wang Mandu wrote:People getting pissed off because of a Wu-Tang album in 2015? :lol: :fp:
numbnuts spent $2,000,000 on it though
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:lol: I know. That's some serious fuck you money. He should post a video online of him burning the album.

I read about the whole thing so why aren't the fans pissed at the RZA and Cilvaringz for duping the rest of the group. Ah who cares.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele