Hipsters demand right to take crying kids to bars

Music posts are a bannable offense.
CHUFFED beyond necropsy
Ethos Musick

Re: Hipsters demand right to take crying kids to bars

Post by CHUFFED beyond necropsy »

Natas wrote:it truly is one of the greatest pleasures one can enjoy in life. one that Patlapse has never known (then again i go so far as to let them have a sip at times *gasp*).
My dad used to let me have sips of his berr, and it pretty much kept me from drinking until i was 25.

Granted, he drank Miller Genuine Draft when i was a kid, so it's no wonder why i thought beer tasted like fermented piss.
Incalculably stupid, i trust you'll agree.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Newsflash people: Kids are fucking brats everywhere. They can't help it. I doubt a lot of you have any interaction with children besides seeing some shithead going off in the grocery store. Don't go blaming the kid, blame the parents for not keeping him/her in check. I never acted out in public because as soon as I did, I'd get the super tight squeeze on my arm with gritted teeth saying, "Stop screwing around."

I do agree though, kids have no place in bars. I see it all the time here but it's more of a beer, cheap booze, and food place than a straight up bar.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
SKI DOO
git help.

Post by SKI DOO »

I love going to the Peterborough Petes games and watching all the Leprechauns get drooling drunk in front of their 10 year old kids who fully understand what is happening.

rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

Hell-haine wrote:
rape bear wrote:
Hell-haine wrote:LOL at Americans.
Chuck-e-cheese.

:drool:

No one said chuck-e-cheese. But what I did say was there was a difference with getting a drink and just getting out of the house. I don't know, i guess I'm just biased because I wouldn't want to take my kid onto some second-hand smoke box.
Obesese Witherspoon wrote:But i wouldn't take her to the local tavern to do so. There's Chucky Cheese
I agree with not bringing a kid where people smoke heavily.
I'm just laughing about the American obsession of doing what is "appropriate" all the time, especially when it's about what kids should see, what they should do, where they should go.
I find it odd that in a country where people spend so much time thinking and debating about these issues, there is so much violence, teenage pregnancy, drug abuse etc...
Things are not perfect in France, but we're more laid-back about what's appropriate, kids can go to the bar, see naked people on TV, at the beach, at home, read "inappropriate" magazines like Fluide Glacial and still, our society is still not as fucked up as yours (yet).
I guess I'm just kind of biased.

In Michigan we don't have any kind of smoking ban (yet) in bars and restaurants like a lot of places do. So the first thing I think of is pretty much what bars here have been turned into: Smoke houses. It ends up being all but like one person in there smoking. The bars near me end up being not a healthy place to have a kid under any circumstances.
So it's not the fact that I don't think it's appropriate (especially like the guy this is about taking the kid before like, 7pm), I don't really care. A lot of things people find not appropriate I think just end up skewing a child's idea of reality.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Of course it be fat ass to take his kid to fucking chuck-e-cheese...
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
alleged triggerman
SATAN!!!
SATAN!!!

Post by alleged triggerman »

I feel about this the same as I feel about taking your stupid dogs to bars:

LEAVE 'EM AT HOME ASSHOLES! If I wanted to hang out with your whiny, spastic progeny or yappy void in your life filler; I'd time travel back to the inquisition and show 'em the "Jesus is coming, somebody grab a towel" pic to kick some sense into myself.

:crowbreed: :evil: :tdown: :ax:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Home. Leave 'em.
eyehatethehumanrace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by eyehatethehumanrace »

Hell-haine wrote:Some of my best childhood memories are hanging out with my Dad or Grandpa at the bar.
I would drink a lemonade, listen to the music from the juke-box while watching my Dad play French Pool.
I was never a brat, I loved it there.

I had no idea children weren't allowed in bars in the US.
I mean, I understand, most American kids are loud brats.
In France, we're still allowed to spank them in public so they know when to shut up. :awesome:
that's odd, when I was younger I went to bars with my dad, maybe the laws have changed since then?
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

alleged triggerman wrote:I feel about this the same as I feel about taking your stupid dogs to bars:

LEAVE 'EM AT HOME ASSHOLES! If I wanted to hang out with your whiny, spastic progeny or yappy void in your life filler; I'd time travel back to the inquisition and show 'em the "Jesus is coming, somebody grab a towel" pic to kick some sense into myself.

:crowbreed: :evil: :tdown: :ax:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Home. Leave 'em.
I'm definitely with you on the dog thing. It's not cute, and we all know you're doing it for attention. That poor fucking dog doesn't want to be in a place full of strangers and getting his tail stepped on either.

I remember bullshitting with somebody at a bar outside of Panama City a few years ago when some guy complained to the barmaid about us cursing. Her response: "It's a fucking bar!".
Haha,
Obesese Witherspoon
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Obesese Witherspoon »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Of course it be fat ass to take his kid to fucking chuck-e-cheese...

my daughter hasn't been to a chuck e cheese in about 5 years. plus if you knew anything about kids, they generally don't eat while there. they are too busy to eat.
Hell-haine wrote:she should stuff it in her vagina like any responsible female .
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Streven Adler wrote:my dad used to take me to biker bars when i was really young. nobody ever seemed to mind me, but then they were mostly people i'd see around the house as well. i learned some pretty fucked up shit at those places though.
I hated going to bars with my dad when I was little not because most of his buddies were ex-con speed freaks, cokeheads, over the hill hippie beauty queens and rednecks, but because I just didn't like being the center of attention at all. Just let me sit at the bar with my Dr. Pepper and play with my GI Joe in peace.
Haha,
Whiffleball Ace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by Whiffleball Ace »

This is fucking ridiculous!
Are we really debating this?
It's just like the thread with the kids in the dog park.
Dog parks are for dogs. Kid parks are for kids. Bars are for people who want to unwind, get drunk, get laid/raped, forget their own problems, watch a game, see a show...etc. Chuckie-Cheese... well if you've ever been there, you know what that's for.
I'm all for a universal ban on children in bars. It's fucking stupidity.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I have kids and dogs and, though I love them, I would not want to hang with them in a bar.
Obesese Witherspoon
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Obesese Witherspoon »

Whiffleball Ace wrote:This is fucking ridiculous!
Dog parks are for dogs. Kid parks are for kids. Bars are for people who want to unwind, get drunk, get laid/raped, forget their own problems, watch a game, see a show...etc. Chuckie-Cheese... well if you've ever been there, you know what that's for.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I have kids and dogs and, though I love them, I would not want to hang with them in a bar.
My new favorite member of this board.
Hell-haine wrote:she should stuff it in her vagina like any responsible female .
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

I'm for a universal ban on bringing dogs anywhere in public except dogs parks, and a requirement to move you're child out of any establishment if it starts screaming. Will this ever happen? No. But a man can dream.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Cryptoplasty wrote:I'm for a universal ban on bringing dogs anywhere in public except dogs parks, and a requirement to move you're child out of any establishment if it starts screaming. Will this ever happen? No. But a man can dream.

Any establishment that requires adult behavior - I agree - movies - non-family restaurants - I understand.

If I rewarded my 2 year old for every tantrum and punished her for every test of my will I would be required to attend only outdoor establishments. I don't think a kid really should be in a bar - but what's wrong with the occasional - DADDY'S GETTING THE TIRES CHANGED beer? Let the market dictate the reality. That's why Euro bars and restaurants are better - they understand that collective drinking is the cornerstone of good family life.
Last edited by Mr. Budd on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Mr. Budd wrote:they understand that collective drinking the cornerstone of good family life.

:tup:
amos galore
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by amos galore »

As Nevets and Torsion know, this shit isn't even an issue at redneck bars. People are more likely to take their kids there than dogs, because they usually give 2 shits about their dogs and leave them at home chained to a tree.
Dogs at bars pisses me off, too, btw. My friend used to take her dog to the bar and tie it up next to us out on the patio and it annoyed me to no end.
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

Whiffleball Ace wrote:This is fucking ridiculous!
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
so get your local bar owner to put up a "no kids" sign. problem solved without having to pay any civil servants to enact a law that has to be paid for to be enforced, and everybody wins.
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
Deleted Account
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Deleted Account »

Are the hipsters to blame for these kids trying land planes at the airports here? I don't know if they are, but I'm going to blame them anyways.
One Man Show
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Zerohero wrote:
Mr. Budd wrote:you younger shavers won't know this, but cokes use to come in these small bottles ya see.
oh shit! i had totally forgotten about these. what were they, 6, 8 oz?
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Deleted Account wrote:Are the hipsters to blame for these kids trying land planes at the airports here? I don't know if they are, but I'm going to blame them anyways.
I'm going to be bummed if that traffic controller loses his job over that.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Pyrite Medal of Ignorance

Post by Pyrite Medal of Ignorance »

The Torsion wrote:
Streven Adler wrote:my dad used to take me to biker bars when i was really young. nobody ever seemed to mind me, but then they were mostly people i'd see around the house as well. i learned some pretty fucked up shit at those places though.
I hated going to bars with my dad when I was little not because most of his buddies were ex-con speed freaks, cokeheads, over the hill hippie beauty queens and rednecks, but because I just didn't like being the center of attention at all. Just let me sit at the bar with my Dr. Pepper and play with my GI Joe in peace.

my parents would drag me to their loud ass shows, with pretty much all of these things going on and then some. my dad would take frequent "cabbage" breaks in the parking lot.

gave us no earplugs, either. :what: to this day i rarely think to wear them...
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

hipster holocaust wrote:
Zerohero wrote:
Mr. Budd wrote:you younger shavers won't know this, but cokes use to come in these small bottles ya see.
oh shit! i had totally forgotten about these. what were they, 6, 8 oz?
yeah... i think they were 8 oz..

rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Pyrite Medal of Ignorance wrote:
The Torsion wrote:

my parents would drag me to their loud ass shows, with pretty much all of these things going on and then some. my dad would take frequent "cabbage" breaks in the parking lot.

this thread hast morphed into Ye Olde Unstoppable child abuse thread
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

Pyrite Medal of Ignorance wrote:
The Torsion wrote:

i was at a Einstürzende Neubauten show a few years ago and there were two rather young children (8 or 9 or whatever) there, right in the first few rows next to their parents. suddenly Alex Hacke, the bassist, saw them and got pretty big eyes. in the next break between songs, he went towards the edge of the stage and, with a big smile, handed the kids two huge pieces of earmuffs.
rīdoonrīmenbā
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Phritz wrote:Einstürzende Neubauten
Didn't that band at one point record all the rest of them beating up the singer?
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Phritz wrote:Einstürzende Neubauten
Didn't that band at one point record all the rest of them beating up the singer?
hahaha, that's the first time, i've heard this. but blixa, while definitely deserving a good beating, is surely too much of a pussy. i'd buy the record! :tup:
rīdoonrīmenbā