Could I get a 6 pack by June 29?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Could I get a 6 pack by June 29?

Post by The Torsion »

Gookstorm wrote:Abs have more to do with body fat percentage (your diet) and your body's disposition to fat distribution (genetics) than how much you can lift or how strong your core is.

Cut out carbs and sugars from your diet (don't even use artificial sweeteners, ugh) and do a lot of weighted crunches and you may have them by June 29th.... 2011.
Is there anything you aren't an expert on?
Haha,
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

neckbeard wrote:
Haha, it always blows my mind when I notice that women have put makeup on their cleavage. Put your best face forward, I guess.
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

The Torsion wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Abs have more to do with body fat percentage (your diet) and your body's disposition to fat distribution (genetics) than how much you can lift or how strong your core is.

Cut out carbs and sugars from your diet (don't even use artificial sweeteners, ugh) and do a lot of weighted crunches and you may have them by June 29th.... 2011.
Is there anything you aren't an expert on?
Getting laid.
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

I'll strategically shave some belly hair
kale
GoreyGibbler
Olde Timer

Post by GoreyGibbler »

do you have a bonus bellybutton or is that just an AIDS scar ?
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

Just shave your hair into the shape of a six-pack and be done with it.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

neckbeard wrote:Image
no wonder you sympathize with animals...
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

You probably need a belly profile to know for sure huh
kale
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

a/s/l?
Green Chamber
Nespithe

Post by Green Chamber »

Vagectomy wrote:Getting laid.
False. He downloaded a waifu from the internet. Nobody I can think of is that much of a master.
Green Chamber
Nespithe

Post by Green Chamber »

your belly button kind of looks like a cat's asshole...
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

neckbeard wrote:Image

I'll strategically shave some belly hair
You got birthing hips...
la caca eres tu
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by la caca eres tu »

I agree with everything except doing weighted crunches, yeah your abs can grow but they're not absolutely necessary.

Think about what your abs are for and work out accordingly, when the fuck ever do you need to do a crunch-like movement unless you're blowing yourself? (which I do 3x/day) use your abs for stability. Do squats and deadlifts, do planks/prone bridges (same thing) for as long as you can with proper form, record your time and improve upon it. Eat meat and vegetables, don't eat any carbs that don't come from vegetable sources, no grains, limit your fruit intake, and if you consume A LOT of dairy, bring it down or get rid of it completely (some in your coffee is fine) eat good fats like avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, coconut milk, animal fat/skin. Also, to drop fat you may want to try Intermittent Fasting, there's many different forms of IF but the one I'm following is where you don't eat for 16 hours and eat for a window of 8hrs (no Soiled Fatass you don't eat for all 8 hours, you just have 8 hours to play with so to speak) the first to say that your metabolism will stall and you will go into starvation mode gets to eat hamelia's box. Research on the topic suggests otherwise, you need to go above 30hrs without food before your body starts going nuts, some go for 48hrs, these are real men we're talking about here...

Anyway, work out in a fasted state (so, within the 16hr window in which you're not eating), keep the workouts short and intense, every now and then go for sprints, forget about long hours of cardio. Last word on IF: Since you're factoring in the hours you spend sleeping, it's actually incredibly easy to do, by 8am you already have 12hrs of not eating, so I workout around 8:30-9am for about an hour and then eat around 1-2pm. I mostly eat twice a day, sometimes three but I eat plenty of protein, fat and some carbs in this period. Actually, for me it's been mostly 18hr fasts and 6hrs fed. It's been two months since I started minding what I eat but only about 3 weeks to a month that I incorporated IF and the scale says I've lost 14lbs but I notice my body composition is changing and that I've added a bit of muscle (mostly on my legs) even though I'm in a calorie deficit. Most importantly though, I'm progressively making strength gains, I went from not being able to do more than 3 dead hang pull ups to about 3 sets of 12 as my last personal best.

Dude, you're on your way to being a machine, don't pussy out on us now...
"La caca eres tu is an absolute master of foreskin mechanics."
-Necrometer
la caca eres tu
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

judging from your pic I'd say in two months you'd have noticeable abs... shit, just changing your diet will do it, exercise will help though.
-Necrometer
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

Sweet. I squat 3 times a week and deadlift once or twice a week. I'm two or three workouts away from squatting my bodyweight 5x5.

Should I start losing weight now or when?
kale
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

so let me get this straight... a guy who subscribes to intermittent fasting is talking about what is and isn't a real man.

perhaps you've heard of the "does not inspire condfidence" thread...
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

paleo abs
or
paleo situation
kale
la caca eres tu
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

riley-o wrote:so let me get this straight... a guy who subscribes to intermittent fasting is talking about what is and isn't a real man.

perhaps you've heard of the "does not inspire condfidence" thread...
As your boyfriend would say it I was being "facetious" about the real man talk. Issues with intermittent fasting? I bet you do it more often than you realize, ever skip breakfast? boom, fasted.
-Necrometer
la caca eres tu
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

neckbeard wrote:Sweet. I squat 3 times a week and deadlift once or twice a week. I'm two or three workouts away from squatting my bodyweight 5x5.

Should I start losing weight now or when?
What do you eat like? do you actually want to lose weight? I mean outside of this ab competition thing, it looks like you don't really need to unless you want that ripped look. I think just minding what you eat and staying away from shit everybody knows is not food is all you really need.
-Necrometer
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

1. "that ripped look" is exactly what this whole thread is about
2. I don't know if we can endure this gurupreaching much longer without some nudie pics, youthser
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

la caca eres tu wrote:ever skip breakfast?
absolutely not
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Necrometer wrote:1. "that ripped look" is exactly what this whole thread is about
2. I don't know if we can endure this gurupreaching much longer without some nudie pics, youthser
1. What the fuck is a "youthser"?
2. Why the fuck am I even in this thread!? :?
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
la caca eres tu
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Necrometer wrote:1. "that ripped look" is exactly what this whole thread is about
Didn't mean to guru-out but I'm not ready for nudie pics :( gimme another month or two, I have somewhat noticeable abs right now, hoping to drop more body fat before going after VAmerica.
-Necrometer
la caca eres tu
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Mari_Mar wrote:
1. What the fuck is a "youthser"?
2. Why the fuck am I even in this thread!? :?
1. :cry:
2. Because you like men and the fact that there's only one shirtless pic is driving you crazy
-Necrometer
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

la caca eres tu wrote:
Didn't mean to guru-out but I'm not ready for nudie pics :( gimme another month or two, I have somewhat noticeable abs right now, hoping to drop more body fat before going after VAmerica.
OK man so you have no results, yet you're putting down a bible about how to do things? C'mon mahn.