Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I personally do not care for James Wan
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

I'm no James Wan advocate - most of his movies are bad. But he's at his worst with big budgets. I'd rank him slightly higher than Rob Zombie when it comes to horror - at least they're more original.
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:26 am the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford - 11
:brokenheart:
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Hunter wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:36 am I'm no James Wan advocate - most of his movies are bad. But he's at his worst with big budgets. I'd rank him slightly higher than Rob Zombie when it comes to horror - at least they're more original.
I remembered the orginal SAW as being "the good one". I tried to rewatch it recently and ITS NOT

Holy fucking shit impossible to watch
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

I'd be totally okay with more retarded Saw sequels, they're miles better than those super vanilla spooky films along the lines of Conjuring, Nun etc. Those films are for little girls :tdown:
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

saw dune 2 in the imax last night. I think im going through the exact same set of impressions that i had with the first except more extreme. The scale and visual language is more ambitious in every sense but the quality of its writing seems to have regressed a little more. It's full of so many jaw dropping moments and then when characters have to talk to each other it kinda hates itself. Denis villeneuve really does just want to do pure dialogue free cinema

Still loved watching it and soaking it in! 10 skulls i guess
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Dune part 2 - VROOM VROOM

I have 8 children.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

10 hollow skulls

10 thick skulls

10 zika skulls

i'm going on sunday... keeping expectations as low as possible

feyd is giving me flashbacks to the shit I took when Powder came out

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:51 pmI remembered the orginal SAW as being "the good one". I tried to rewatch it recently and ITS NOT
hahaha holy shit... definitely not watching that again; I'll stick to my fond memory
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Eight Bit Alien

i guess i need to read dune

sick of never seeing these movies or knowing what anyone is ever talking about
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

he's kinda right about christopher walken

I have 8 children.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:23 pmi guess i need to read dune

sick of never seeing these movies or knowing what anyone is ever talking about
dune is an insanely overrated book IMO

watch the 3-hour cut of the lynch movie and ignore the rest
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

and if anyone says "the Jodorowsky version would have been amazing" in earnest, you know they are not a reliable person
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

fuck you Ross, I bet you haven't even seen Jodorowsky's Dune

Death Wish 3 - 6.5/10
Laughably stupid, but Bronson has great screen presence and it's got plenty of violence and explosions. It's like a cheaper shittier version of Dirty Harry.

I am a Hero - 6.5/10
Doesn't do any really new things with the Zombie genre; among else, it turns into Dawn of the Dead infused with Walking Dead's distrust of human nature and hirarchies half way through. It also should have been a bit shorter, plus there were too many CGI gore effects. The Zombies were pretty disgusting, though, and some scenes were pretty tense.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

THE KILL wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:35 amfuck you Ross, I bet you haven't even seen Jodorowsky's Dune
get real! that documentary was great. if you were a more dedicated denizen of this board you would know that I said "It's basically flawless for what it is." on April 5, 2014 - in this very thread!

watching that doc and sincerely thinking his Dune would have been any good = viewer has critical thinking deficiencies
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

pooptastik wrote:
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:51 pm terrible

like some asshole saw that one nat geo cover with the girl and the eyes and was like :idea:

:wank:
this ancient exchange

I don't think ANYONE saw that I, Origins movie :lol:
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Christ is Russ an anachronism from an era where simps wanted to lick Hillary Clintons feet while being sodomized by Bill Ayers.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

I'm planning on an IMAX viewing of Dune 2, but prob not for a little while, unfortunately.

I read Dune when I sublet an apartment over a bar in a college town (not old enough to drink tho). One of my roommates was a rich Saudi Arabian girl who told me it was based on the middle east, and spice was analogous to oil. It made complete sense, but hadn't crossed my mind before... I had only seen the David Lynch flick at a young age. I thought the book was great at the time, but the sequel books seemed impervious to me.
Necrometer wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:19 pm and if anyone says "the Jodorowsky version would have been amazing" in earnest, you know they are not a reliable person
I'm sure to no one's surprise: I think it would have been amazing - but when I put on a Jodorowski flick, it's not because I want to watch a movie.

Deadbeat at Dawn ('88 | 81min) - 10/10 - (again) no notes.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Hunter wrote:
I read Dune when I sublet an apartment over a bar in a college town (not old enough to drink tho). One of my roommates was a rich Saudi Arabian girl who told me it was based on the middle east, and spice was analogous to oil. It made complete sense, but hadn't crossed my mind before... I had only seen the David Lynch flick at a young age. I thought the book was great at the time, but the sequel books seemed impervious to me.
100% predictable that a 1:1 analogy was invisible to you and everything beyond that was impervious
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Necrometer wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:17 am
THE KILL wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:35 amfuck you Ross, I bet you haven't even seen Jodorowsky's Dune
get real! that documentary was great. if you were a more dedicated denizen of this board you would know that I said "It's basically flawless for what it is." on April 5, 2014 - in this very thread!

watching that doc and sincerely thinking his Dune would have been any good = viewer has critical thinking deficiencies
My bad, how could I have forgotten about a post made not even a decade ago... still, I think you're obviously wrong, and everybody who agrees with you is necessarily not very bright! :!:
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Man they could have cut every bit of the Zendaya dialogue out and nothing of value would have been lost. In fact the entire films dialogue felt like it had been translated from English to French and back again. The sheer amount of mangled/rewritten lines that amounted to poor fan service was pretty distracting. Same with the overwhelming girl-power insertion.

Costume design was amazing, except the smugglers all looked like Halo troops and the final battle has the fremen looking like modern French foreign legion, save that you'd never have a kevlar bomb collar along w a mostly open bump-cap style helmet. Reminded me of how Raffaella wanted to use a duck hunting boot that they had been able to get cheap. David Lynch took one look at them and said 'Those are duck hunting boots and people are going to be able to tell what they are.'
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Dune 2 - 6/10 flawless in many ways, but such a fuckin slog for me personally. my imax showing had this incessant, semi-random rattle sound coming from behind the screen - that sure didn’t help. there’s one element that was so wild in the lynch version and was almost totally gone from these movies… it’s such a bummer. there’s this reflective ship shot that is absolutely mind-blowing. and i loved the stilgar comedic moments.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

I have 8 children.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Lynch's Dune was imprinted on my brain having seen it in the theater when I was 8. I know it's very flawed - but through my eyes, it's absolutely perfect in every way, similar to how I think of other movies of that era, like Tron, Blade Runner, and Flash Gordon. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, I guess. But my failure to re-contextualize the movie before someone told me it was based on middle eastern oil is a failure of the educational system. Any criticisms directed at me about that should be taken up with New York State - please visit ny.gov to file a complaint.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Necrometer wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:03 pm Dune 2 - 6/10 flawless in many ways, but such a fuckin slog for me personally. my imax showing had this incessant, semi-random rattle sound coming from behind the screen - that sure didn’t help. there’s one element that was so wild in the lynch version and was almost totally gone from these movies… it’s such a bummer. there’s this reflective ship shot that is absolutely mind-blowing. and i loved the stilgar comedic moments.
Christ the stilgar comedy was insufferable. Especially the "Hangin' 10 across the Dune Sea" initial shot of worm riding.

The French should never allowed to direct films presented in English, at best they should only be given the Director of Photography position.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

The Blade - 8 - Tsui Hark's solid revisionist wuxia flick that's pretty much a hyper stylized One Armed Swordsman redux.

Cats On Park Avenue - 7.5 - best cat movie ever probably

Her Vengeance - 7.5 - Nice ultra violent grimey Cat 3 rape revenge flick with a great final battle and Lam Ching Ying doing wheelchair kung fu.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD