Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Hunter »

The Seventh Curse ('86 | 83min) - 8.5/10 - If you think Temple of Doom was missing kung fu, you're right - but don't stop there. Add a little Rambo, Evil Dead and Alien too.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Hunter wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:53 am The Seventh Curse ('86 | 83min) - SIXHUNDRED SIXTY SIX FUKKIN SKULLS. From the Director of The Story Of Ricky. Best movie ever made that involved children being made into demon blood punch.
fixed that for you.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

cxwx wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:13 am
Hunter wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:53 am The Seventh Curse ('86 | 83min) - SIXHUNDRED SIXTY SIX FUKKIN SKULLS. From the Director of The Story Of Ricky. Best movie ever made that involved children being made into demon blood punch.
fixed that for you.
You're not wrong - it's completely insane. I snatched up an import from 88 Films which looks great. The version on Tubi is dubbed and the transfer isn't great - but even so, it's 100% worth watching.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Across the Spiderverse - 8/10

Really enjoyed this until the jarring TO BE CONTINUED. Sorry if that’s a spoiler but whatever, you know I’m not really sorry.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

The Space Race - 8
All of Us Strangers - 8
Phantasm: RaVager - 8.5
smooth
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by smooth »

Very good film about an Orthodox "holy fool"

10/10

Whole movie here

Last edited by smooth on Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Talmud wrote:Menahoth 43b-44a. A Jewish man is obligated to say the following prayer every day: Thank you God for not making me a gentile, a woman or a slave.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

Hunter wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:53 am The Seventh Curse ('86 | 83min) - 8.5/10 - If you think Temple of Doom was missing kung fu, you're right - but don't stop there. Add a little Rambo, Evil Dead and Alien too.
If you haven't check out The Cat which is another Wesley/Wisely jam except it involves a cat from outer space that gets in an elongated They Live styled brutal paw fight with a junkyard guard dog.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Bastarden - 6
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Whee of the Dead wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:28 am
Hunter wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:53 am The Seventh Curse ('86 | 83min) - 8.5/10 - If you think Temple of Doom was missing kung fu, you're right - but don't stop there. Add a little Rambo, Evil Dead and Alien too.
If you haven't check out The Cat which is another Wesley/Wisely jam except it involves a cat from outer space that gets in an elongated They Live styled brutal paw fight with a junkyard guard dog.
Yes, I've seen the clip of the fight scene before - insane! It's here for those who are interested. I haven't been able to track down anything but a VHS version.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Witchfinder General - 8.5 - Great horror flick. Saw it on a nice 35mm print with scratches and cuts but still a warm, clear picture.
Probably Price's most underrated movie.
cranial separation

ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

I watched 20 minutes of old dads before I couldn't take anymore and shut it off. I love bill burr, BTW. Probably my favorite current stand-up
formerly ghost boner
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

that looks bad
Image Certified Poster
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

I'm tempted to watch "please kill Mr Kinski"
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

ghost boner wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:37 pm I watched 20 minutes of old dads before I couldn't take anymore and shut it off. I love bill burr, BTW. Probably my favorite current stand-up
Yeah man the trailer for this just looked tortured and confused. Infinite love for billy ofc

F is for Family was dope
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Late night with the devil 8/10

Good atmosphere, excellent costume and set design, spins the fuck out of control ala Altered States but left me satisfied. Would watch again, glad I went to the theater to catch the ending scene
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

I can't watch modern period pieces because they all look like kids doing dress up.
cranial separation

godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

The Holdovers - 9.5/10
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Whee of the Dead wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:50 am I can't watch modern period pieces because they all look like kids doing dress up.
i can still watch them but ive definitely started to feel this way too. its actually kinda crazy how goofy shit looks nowadays when you add the fact that nothing is shot on film and lightiing has changed so much
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

FVBTVS wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:00 am
Whee of the Dead wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:50 am I can't watch modern period pieces because they all look like kids doing dress up.
i can still watch them but ive definitely started to feel this way too. its actually kinda crazy how goofy shit looks nowadays when you add the fact that nothing is shot on film and lightiing has changed so much
This is why I was impressed The Holdovers actually looked like a movie from 1971. It was shot digitally but they were meticulous in making it LOOK like aged film, which is good.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Immaculate - 3 - Soft gateway eurohorror for A24 babys and American Horror Story winemoms

my feelings of cult film thievery in modern genre tripe is starting to resemble what indians must feel when they see their shit used in sports teams
cranial separation

Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

It is shocking how fast that a24 shit lost its charm

That initial run was fucking great though
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Roadhouse (New one) - meh
Jake Gyllenhall, as usual, has great screen presence, but all in all it doesn't make much of a difference. McGregor, as expected, is a horrible actor and just as annoying as in real life. Fight scenes were as dumb as you'd expect. I can't compare this to the first Roadhouse since I've only seen the first twenty minutes or so and then switched it off; Patrick Swayze, the girly dancy guy, as a tuff bouncer is a lot less believable to me than those chicks kick ass films like Atomic Blonde (which was decent IMO).

Back in Action - 7/10
Retarded action film done right. Lots of bullet holes, cheese, and Roddy Piper going berserk.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

THE KILL wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:56 am I can't compare this to the first Roadhouse since I've only seen the first twenty minutes or so and then switched it off; Patrick Swayze, the girly dancy guy, as a tuff bouncer is a lot less believable to me than those chicks kick ass films like Atomic Blonde (which was decent IMO).
Just… just go to the back of the line. Don’t talk. No one wants to hear it, you just get to the back of the line.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:08 am
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:00 am
This is why I was impressed The Holdovers actually looked like a movie from 1971. It was shot digitally but they were meticulous in making it LOOK like aged film, which is good.
I agree, The Holdovers did a solid job of recreating a '70s feel. For me, it had less to do with the film grain aged look (which they pulled off), but more that they incorporated conventions of the movies of that era: title cards, soundtrack, cinematography, etc. Those elements really helped prevent the 70's costume effect.

The Equalizer 2 ('18 | 121min) - 4/10 - The movie is fine. I thought it was super predictable, and bad guys got equalized. It's very hard for me to get excited for invincible dudes doing superhuman things because they've been trained by super elite fighters and have read all the philosophical and tactical books in every language or whatever. It's a boring trope. If this were 90 minutes, I'd probably have a better opinion of it. Instead, it dragged on until I didn't care about any of it. I'll probably end up watching part 3 at some point because I don't choose everything I watch.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

The Bill wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:00 am
THE KILL wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:56 am I can't compare this to the first Roadhouse since I've only seen the first twenty minutes or so and then switched it off; Patrick Swayze, the girly dancy guy, as a tuff bouncer is a lot less believable to me than those chicks kick ass films like Atomic Blonde (which was decent IMO).
Just… just go to the back of the line. Don’t talk. No one wants to hear it, you just get to the back of the line.
I bet it's a real piece of shit
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!