Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Gay for Cock
Olde Timer

Post by Gay for Cock »

HASHTHRASH wrote:A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints 9/10

My third time seeing this in the past few months. I really like this movie. Good story, good characters, good actors, fucking GREAT editing, such a good movie! Written and directed by Dito Montiel, the main character in this story, who is played by both Robert Downy Jr and Shia LaBeouf, it also stars Dianne Wiest, Chazz Palminteri and Rosario Dawson. It's a cool coming of age tale set in Queens, NY.

I actually passed that movie up for The Hills Have Eyes 2 [3/10]. When Rob read the back of the box and I heard "coming of age tale" it was like if I had a vagina that would have been the equivalent of him backing a dump truck up to my vagina and pouring a load of sand into it. I was like " I don't want to watch some coming of age bullshit. No, I want mutant rednecks raping women and gore." I was wrong because The Hills Have Eyes 2 was really bad, save the rape/sex scenes, which gave me flashbacks of the other night....in a good way. :D

I also rented Babel and we will watch this one tonight. Should be good.
"It is the maze that dreams. And I am lost."
Gay for Cock
Olde Timer

Post by Gay for Cock »

Anyone see Death of a President? I came across that yesterday in the movie rental store. Any good?
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

HASHTHRASH wrote:
Stereo Sound Agent 1971 wrote:Black Snake Moan - 8/10. 7.5 of those points are for the shit-talking tune Sam Jackson sings at the bar. The music in this movie was incredible. I had very low expectations for this movie, and was pleasantly surprised. The ending was pretty "meh" though.
I agree with this review. The music kicks ass. The ending is meh, they should have ended it 15 minues earlier when Timberlake comes in with the gun and made the movie end on a tragedy, but whatever, it's still a real good movie. JT's not a bad actor, I was surprised by how good he was in Alpha Dog (as well as surprised by how good Alpha Dog is)
alpha dog .. jesus christ. so bad.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

Katie wrote:Stardust - 8/10

No more Claire Danes.
can you elaborate more? have read the book?
Vlygar the Impregnable
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Vlygar the Impregnable »

chrusti(ns)anity wrote:
Vlygar the Impregnable wrote:
chrusti(ns)anity wrote: and finally I know who was doing the King Diamond vocals in that Mastodon song.
a!
WHO?
Who do you never hear singing in regular Mastodon songs?
Everybody except the singer. This doesn't give me an answer.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

The Ogre: Demons III - 4

- only one "demon" and he was an Ogre..
- made for TV movie with almost no gore at all.. but there was boobies and upskirt shots...
- painfully slow with a retarded ending...
- the Ogre looked fucking retarded, as if Rawhead Rex was dressed by a gay 17th century fashion designer
Stormy
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Stormy »

Eye of the Beast - 1
90 minutes of people getting attacked by a rubber tentacle
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

chrusti(ns)anity wrote:
chrusti(ns)anity wrote: and finally I know who was doing the King Diamond vocals in that Mastodon song.
a!
WHO?
Who do you never hear singing in regular Mastodon songs?
Everybody except the singer. This doesn't give me an answer.
you're not terribly swift, are you? there is more than one person doing vocals in the band. Anyway, it's Brann, the drummer.
eBay 2a03
World's Worst Detective

Post by eBay 2a03 »

War of the Robots - 1/10
Hands of Steel - 4/10

I have like 98 movies to watch, none of which can possibly be any good. I'm set for life.

I should make my own thread and tell you guys about these insane movies that nobdy even bothered remembering.
Bored
Throbbing Blacke Werebeast

Post by Bored »

The Simpsons Movie - 6.4 feels about right

I did laugh during it, though. I suppose that's something.

Probably watch Sunshine later tonight.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Hot Rod - 4/10... about the same as the Reno 911 movie - most laughs were in the trailer. There's one scene with a shopping cart and liquor that literally had me in tears, laughing until my stomach hurt.

The Lives of Others - 10/10 Highly recommended! What an amazing work of art. The interview with the director made me realize how perfect it really was. Did anyone notice that the joke-teller from the lunch scene was steam-opening letters, too, 5 years later? And I guess the actor who played the playwright didn't know how to play piano, but learned JUST that piece you see him play... it's nothing simple, either.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
amos galore
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by amos galore »

Purple Rain for the millionth time...9.5/10, of course. 0.5 point deduction for the bad acting only.
Burning_Anubis
The Basement Master

Post by Burning_Anubis »

conan the destroyer

9/10 the soundtrack and the way it was made are still amazing. i love red sonja which i plan to watch next.

red sonja 10/10 i loved all three of these.
MARIO KART FAGS
3265-7795-5340 add me you fucks
XCOX 360 TAG: BURNING ANUBIS

jjiiiigggggllllylyyyy pppuuuufffff jiiggglllyyyyyyy puffffffff......
Bored

Post by Bored »

Sunshine: 6.987.

I like a lot of the imagery, though.
eBay 2a03
World's Worst Detective

Post by eBay 2a03 »

dude c'mon conan the destroyer is one of the most horrible failures ever
12 Months of Mao
opinionated sumbitch

Post by 12 Months of Mao »

Lunacy - 10/10 - We were coasting at a comfortable 8.5 - 9 range until the ending spooked the bejeesus out of me. Svankmejer at his blackest.
eBay 2a03 wrote:dude c'mon conan the destroyer is one of the most horrible failures ever
Seriously one of the worst sequels ever. PG-13 pap compared to Ahnuld's original portrayal of the murdering, whoring and drugging barbarian. If you're gonna follow up witch-fucking, snake-murder and camel-punching, you'd better bring something fierce to the table. Conan the Destroyer disappoints on all levels.
"I am a high-IQ mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy which characterizes my species!" - Drinky Crow
Phantos
Methods for Attaining Extreme Altitudes

Post by Phantos »

the bourne ultimatum - 6.75 outa 10 - it is what it is and it's damn good for a one-of-those-spy cia-nsa movies... heh.
Stereo Sound Agent 1971

Post by Stereo Sound Agent 1971 »

canon.docre wrote:
HASHTHRASH wrote:
Stereo Sound Agent 1971 wrote:Black Snake Moan - 8/10. 7.5 of those points are for the shit-talking tune Sam Jackson sings at the bar. The music in this movie was incredible. I had very low expectations for this movie, and was pleasantly surprised. The ending was pretty "meh" though.
I agree with this review. The music kicks ass. The ending is meh, they should have ended it 15 minues earlier when Timberlake comes in with the gun and made the movie end on a tragedy, but whatever, it's still a real good movie. JT's not a bad actor, I was surprised by how good he was in Alpha Dog (as well as surprised by how good Alpha Dog is)
alpha dog .. jesus christ. so bad.
What? That movie was awesome for the sole fact it didn't have a happy ending.
Gay for Cock wrote:Anyone see Death of a President? I came across that yesterday in the movie rental store. Any good?
Rent it. Just the way it was filmed is interesting (extra features on it are cool). Great concept movie, and I am shocked that it actually got made and carried by rental houses. It's in documentary style, so it isn't "bang-bang-shoot-em-up" action, but still a good watch.
Gay for Cock
Olde Timer

Post by Gay for Cock »

Babel - 3/10 I've only seen a little bit of Crash but I'm guessing this is it's retarded brother.

The only thing that's going to save this bad movie slump I'm in is Kung Pow: Enter the Fist [10 fucking skulls].
Bored

Post by Bored »

Ocean's 13: A good solid 6.

Some really funny parts, and Ellen Barkin is pretty damn hot in it. Still, most of it seemed phoned in, and Pacino is simply getting too old, I'm afraid.

I hope to watch the Transformers movie today. I might as well.
Maery
BRB..Burrito is ready!

Post by Maery »

I watched Open Season. It was on demand.

6/10
Bored

Post by Bored »

Transformers: 2/10

I gave it 2 points for the cute chicks in it.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

I finally saw Jacob's Ladder, pretty goddamn good: 8/10
Bored

Post by Bored »

Die Hard 4: 6.32/10

Cool that Bullock was in it and his girlfriend was really cute, the Mac kid didn't annoy me too much. LOL @ any movie about hacking, but whatever. God, Bruce Willis is old.

I took off an entire point just because Kevin Smith is in it.
Astronaut
I like to smell things.

Post by Astronaut »

the Simpsons movie

6.5/10