Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by ghost boner »

Hell yeah. I still need to watch dragged across concrete but his other two fucking RULE

Also, barbie - 8.5/10. Wanted to shut this off in the first five minutes and I'm glad I stuck it out. So fucking good
formerly ghost boner
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

God DAMMIT
formerly ghost boner
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - 5.5
Ennio - 9
Poor Things - 7.5
The Prophecy - 7
Friday the 13th (2009) - 5
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

I just finished poor things, too. I'm thinking an 8? They could have trimmed some of the fat for sure
formerly ghost boner
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

I'm trying to remember the name of some mid or early 80's movie that was on HBO all the time. There were extremely disturbed violent kids that basically got sent to a program to get trained as government assassins.

"The state decided you are such bad asses, so they gave you to me."

Had a montage in the beginning showing all their violent actions. One kid was parked in front of a highschool and a bomb exploded and he nonchalantly drives away. Then he goes to his house and gives a half eaten ice cone to his kid sister, the guys dad is beating his mom when he walks in the house and the kid blows his dad away with a pistol. This is with in like the first five minutes.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Go on...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Pope's Exorcist - 6/10

This is really just a schlocky horror movie where a naked lady who's covered in blood climbs on top of a priest and then explodes, but it somehow has Russell Crowe in it, and he seems to be having an absolute blast. My working theory is that the people who made this at some point decided that they wanted to get this a theatrical release, and so they bought the book this is ostensibly based on (apparently the memoir of someone who was apparently seriously employed as an exorcist by the Vatican because apparently that's a real thing that really happens) and used that to get Crowe on board. Either that or it exists for some accounting reason that meant someone ended up paying less in taxes or something because that would explain why the only place it was in theaters other than the US was India, somehow.

Anyway, it's just a mediocre pastice of the last 20 years' worth of horror tropes (at one point a girl contorts into a crawly demon as her joints crack, only to immediately start moving normally again) and the only good thing about it is Crowe hamming it all the way up, but i'm somehow fascinated by this movie's existence.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Apt Pupil is a really odd fuckin movie. It's creepy to watch a few of these scenes now, knowing what I know about bryan singer. The novella itself was a bizarre story from what i remember, but im curious how the differences between that and the adaptation might reveal pedo-impulses on the part of the director

6/10 i guess although i do simply enjoy anything from this era.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

The only novella from that collection not yet made into a film is "The Breathing Method". I want to see some fucked up Cronenberg version of it.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Last I counted I've read about 63 Stephen King books. Not sure if that's made me a bigger or smaller fuck up than I would have been otherwise.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I'm probably hovering around 40 although I've never done a formal count.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Sorcerer ('77 | 121min) - 9/10 - There's a new Wages of Fear on Netflix but it looks like trash. Rewatching this makes me want to watch All That Jazz and maybe give SeaQuest DSV a chance or something. I miss Roy Scheider.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:33 pm Apt Pupil is a really odd fuckin movie. It's creepy to watch a few of these scenes now, knowing what I know about bryan singer. The novella itself was a bizarre story from what i remember, but im curious how the differences between that and the adaptation might reveal pedo-impulses on the part of the director

Singer was probably creeping on Renfro during that whole deal too. That poor fuck.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
godofdeadlydeath

And the best Apt Pupil adaptation is this

Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:29 am
Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:33 pm Apt Pupil is a really odd fuckin movie. It's creepy to watch a few of these scenes now, knowing what I know about bryan singer. The novella itself was a bizarre story from what i remember, but im curious how the differences between that and the adaptation might reveal pedo-impulses on the part of the director

Singer was probably creeping on Renfro during that whole deal too. That poor fuck.

I once heard Singer shot holocaust flashbacks for the flick and insisted all the concentration camp victims be shirtless young boys and the studio was just like :?:
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
godofdeadlydeath

Whee of the Dead wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:30 am
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:29 am

I once heard Singer shot holocaust flashbacks for the flick and insisted all the concentration camp victims be shirtless young boys and the studio was just like :?:
Wouldn't doubt it. Remember when his shitty Queen movie won Best Picture - Drama at the Globes and they barely acknowledged him as being part of it? Everything about that fucking sucked. Including that movie and Rami Malek's shitty fake teeth. I loved Mr. Robot but him winning the Oscar for Best Actor for just wearing fake teeth and dressing up in Freddie's clothes -- and not even really singing! -- was stupid.

cxwx

Post by cxwx »

THE KILL wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:47 amGo on...
He was wearing sun glasses.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Come on Whee Of The Dead, you have every trash exploitation movie memorized, what the hell is the name of this film that I'm probably misremembering. I'm holding you personally responsible.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

cxwx wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:41 pm Come on Whee Of The Dead, you have every trash exploitation movie memorized, what the hell is the name of this film that I'm probably misremembering. I'm holding you personally responsible.
lol I still think about that every now and then. I promise if I ever come across it I'll shoot you a message.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

:tup:

In the mean time I'll be digging through an HBO movie list data base like an OCD nerd.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

I found this gem I barely remember where Gene Simmons plays an evil gender bender

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

this movie doesnt exist dude :lol:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

power of the dog
eh
Image Certified Poster
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

FOUND IT

THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Saw X - 6/10
Plus: excellent practical effects, some pretty brutal gore scenes, takes time to establish character backstory, Tobin Bell has good screen presence
negative: too long (2h), feels like a slog sometimes, plot is endlessly contrived as usual, despite being exploitation bullshit takes itself too seriously, grating metal soundtrack, stupid/ non bloody finale
all in all a lot better than the atricous last saw film, the one with the black dude
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!