The New Unstoppable MMA Thread!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

riley-o wrote: Terry Martin permanently ends Leben's career.

Even my gf hates Leben...
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

Leben is hometown stock, and even I hate him.
Image You know the mind has a thousand eyes Image
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

Teebore wrote:
Myiasis wrote:
riley-o wrote:UFC fight night tonight on Spike ! Decent card for a free show, even though I know it probably looks less good compared to that last free show... I don't know why Hironaka vs. Alves might not be shown though, that could well be the fight of the night. Here's hoping Terry Martin permanently ends Leben's career.
I wish there were a way for them to end each other's careers.

I'm torn between Fight Night and the Cannibal Corpse show tonight. I need to make up my mind soon. I'm thinking I'll be watching fights instead of metal.
You can always tape one...or tevo or whatever.
I have no ability to do either. I'm gonna go watch The Red Chord and then take off. I'll be home in plenty of time for the fights.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Wow, the audio on fight night is fucking ruling right now :roll:

Of all the places to put the CONDOM DEPOT ad, he thought the asshole region was the best?
Last edited by Necrometer on Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Necrometer wrote:Wow, the audio on fight night is fucking ruling right now
I liked it... No commentators... That was great fight.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

the awesome Assassin wrote:I liked it... No commentators... That was great fight.
That's exactly how it is live, it's nice to be able to just focus on the fighting. It was annoying when they had 30 seconds of zoom-in on Joe playing with the vertebrae and the stupid implant...
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

missing the one tonight because of work. didn't know it was gonna be on, friend called and invited me over. I'll see the PPV, though.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Leben's face and past performance scream "inheritor to the Sylvia throne" but I can't hate his efforts tonight... dude is trying and that's what I always want to see.

Hahahaha, ok, it looks like his head is about to fall off... NM maybe...

Edit: that was almost a dual KO - WTF?
Last edited by Necrometer on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Black guy got cocky and flexed... He won't do that again...

Fuck Leben
Last edited by the awesome Assassin on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

Goddamn this is what I love to see! Cocky assholes getting beat the fuck up. I still don't like Leben, but it was good to see him fight smart and efficiently. I always doubted his supposedly rock solid chin, but he really took some big shots tonight and held on. I don't like it when guys get cocky in the ring, and when Martin taunted Leben after that big right, so it was rad to see Leben knock him the fuck out.

Nate Diaz is good, but he still doesn't impress me much. He's got a long ways to go before he is in contention. He can do it though, I think. He's got gtreat BJJ but I think he'll have a hard time with good strikers that have good takedown defense.

Quarry/Sell was the fight of the night. Sell had good head movement and quick strong punches. When he rocked Quarry in the 2nd, I thought it was over and I felt bad for Quarry because it looked a lot like that shot he took from Franklin. But man it was awesome to see him get back right back up, take more damage and then win by KO. I also thought it was great how he offered Sell a chance to get back up before he finished him off to retaliate for Sell's (apparent) complaining. And he wins with dignity and respect.

I didn't have a favorite for Thomas/Florian. Until Thomas mocked Florian by turning and running away. Kenflo pretty much pounded him into dust from that point on. That was stupid and Thomas deserves to get his knee blown out for that shit. All that aside, Florian was very impressive.

Pretty great free event. I also enjoyed watching with no commentators. I wish it were always like that. 76 is gonna be good. Can't wait o see Shogun again.

Let's see how TUF 6 turns out.
Last edited by Myiasis on Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tipton
Soul of the Martyr

Post by tipton »

Mr. Budd wrote:Anyone got the k-1 streaming info?
do yourself a favor and register on this site:

http://mma-tv.net/index.php

send them $5 or more and you'll get access to the premium video stream thats very good quality, almost tv quality. its well worth it... they stream EVERY mma event worldwide and every tv show too. not to mention you have access to tons of old fights. i used to use it watch live prides from japan and use it to watch k1 and the UK ufc events live.

tonights fight night was one of the best ever. leben looked great. nate diaz loooked awesome too.

i was very entertained by the first ep of the ultimate fighter as well. mac danzig will be hard to beat, former kotc champion.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Tipton's here! Nate Diaz is a sick fighter, and he's getting better with every fight, too. I guess that's what you get when you've got Nick Diaz kicking your ass every day growing up. Leben capitalized on a stupid move by Martin, and although I can't stand the douche, I applaud him on that fight. I can't stand "KenFlo" either, but his Muay Thai was looking great last night, and totally deserved the win. I gotta' hand it to Spike TV. Those guys are making a smart move airing all of these UFC events.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Myiasis wrote:When he rocked Quarry in the 2nd, I thought it was over and I felt bad for Quarry because it looked a lot like that shot he took from Franklin. But man it was awesome to see him get back right back up, take more damage and then win by KO.
Is this the crotch kick? In the slo-mo replay it looked like the kick connected, then dude took a half second to think about where he was kicked, and then put on the "OMG MY BALLS" face.
thirstycells
Soul of the Martyr

Post by thirstycells »

I don't know about florian's kicking looking "tight" he slipped and fell. And there was a number of times were he was so intent on connecting that he left himself open to that 76" reach.
I kinda wished din hadn't blown his knee, just because it seemed like an even match (at the start).
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

UFN last night was fucking awesome. It's been a while since I shouted at my TV and roared with approval.

Nate Quarry and Chris Leben's wins were fucking awesome, both of them got rocked really bad in the fight and came back with brutal one punch knockouts, with a bonus hammerfist for good measure. Really exciting fights start to finish, though in both fights the pace was so high the fighters gassed going into the 3rd.

Nick and Nate Diaz have some of the slickest BJJ in the sport, definitely impressed with Nate's performance, he looked really good and I think he's ready for tougher tests in the UFC. Nate Diaz vs Roger Huerta needs to happen. Better yet Huerta vs Spencer Fisher... see Huerta get his ass knocked the fuck out.

Florian vs Thomas was a disappointment. I think Thomas was losing the first regardless of his knee blowing out, I honestly think Florian would have won the fight regardless, kinda sucks it ended the way it did though. I hate Florian, I don't know why, I just want to see someone knock him out cold.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Carmack
Luck of the Corpse

Post by Carmack »

PUT EM IN A BODY BAG!
Last edited by Carmack on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Florian sucks because he looks like Ben Stiller, and everyone hates Ben Stiller. Also, he's way nerdy.
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Carmack wrote:PUT EM IN A BODY BAG!
That had me laughing pretty hard when I heard it. Second funniest moment;

Nate Quarry: "Joe Rogan, I love you, man! We should get an apartment together!"
Joe Rogan: "Uhhh... no. He must have hit you really hard."
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

Necrometer wrote:
Myiasis wrote:When he rocked Quarry in the 2nd, I thought it was over and I felt bad for Quarry because it looked a lot like that shot he took from Franklin. But man it was awesome to see him get back right back up, take more damage and then win by KO.
Is this the crotch kick? In the slo-mo replay it looked like the kick connected, then dude took a half second to think about where he was kicked, and then put on the "OMG MY BALLS" face.
Nah, this was when Sell dropped him hard against the cage and Quarry recovered nearly instantly. On his way down, he looked 100% out, but as soon as he hit mat/cage he was back up fighting. I wonder if that hurt his back at all? If I remember correctly, it was the fall from the Franklin punch that ruined his back in the first place, and it looked a lot like the way he fell last night.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Necrometer wrote:Is this the crotch kick? In the slo-mo replay it looked like the kick connected, then dude took a half second to think about where he was kicked, and then put on the "OMG MY BALLS" face.
I don't think Din is that kind of fighter. Have you been sacked recently ? i caught a knee about a month ago and there was a second where I realized I'd been hit and had time to think, "oh shit that was the balls that's gonn-" before the pain erased the rest of that thought. It's pretty common when you see groin shots for it to have about a second delay before the pain really hits.
Myiasis wrote:I always doubted his supposedly rock solid chin
Based on his knockout by Anderson Silva ? I think that's his only KO on his record, and people should not be judged on what happens to them when Anderson Silva hits them. That guy's striking is beyond anything we can comrehend-- when Rogan goes "That guys striking is on another level !!" about some dude ? Anderson Silva's striking is maybe visible from four levels beyond that level. MAYBE. Hell we shouldn't even be talking about it right now.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

riley-o wrote:
Necrometer wrote:Is this the crotch kick? In the slo-mo replay it looked like the kick connected, then dude took a half second to think about where he was kicked, and then put on the "OMG MY BALLS" face.
I don't think Din is that kind of fighter. Have you been sacked recently ? i caught a knee about a month ago and there was a second where I realized I'd been hit and had time to think, "oh shit that was the balls that's gonn-" before the pain erased the rest of that thought. It's pretty common when you see groin shots for it to have about a second delay before the pain really hits.
Makes sense I guess, like when a hot girl asks if she can give you an adept BJ and you respond "let me get back to you on that matter".
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

All the fights including unaired from last night

http://www.pancrase.org/category/ultima ... -night-11/
Necrometer wrote:Makes sense I guess, like when a hot girl asks if she can give you an adept BJ and you respond "let me get back to you on that matter".
Right, and then you have to go look up what adept means on dictionary.com, and then check your myspace since you're online anyway.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Are you saying she can be adept but the BJ can't? Whatever. You can test my groinshot reaction time in a pair of fortnights and we'll see who's right and who's kicking balls just to be proven wrong.
Last edited by Necrometer on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

My balls are slightly sore just from reading this. :cry:
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

That wasn't the real Terry Martin.

Undercard fights looked stellar too.

Nick and Nate Diaz are really amazingly tough and skilled dudes.

Should be up on megaupload soon.,...
Last edited by Mr. Budd on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.