rate the last beer(s) you had 1-10

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Seventh Son
How's them beans, ma?

Re: rate the last beer you had 1-10

Post by The Seventh Son »

Warsteiner Dunkel- 7.5/10 It tasted different today :( Normally it would be 8.5/10 I love this beer
Full Moon- 7/10 Haven't had this since the election night party. It's my favorite of all the Moons.
Mari_Mar wrote:"It's on hold. I can't write right now. All my aggression is used up stretching my new pussy."
soiled depends wrote:
noah thirteen wrote:Cattle Decapitation have a "representative"?!
Yeah, it's called "fuckin brutality"...I guess you've never heard of it before....
CHUFFED beyond necropsy
Ethos Musick

Post by CHUFFED beyond necropsy »

Hale's El Jefe Weizen - 8/10

One of the better American hefeweizens i've had. Closer to actual German ones than a lot of the others. That said, i still usually prefer Pyramid.
Incalculably stupid, i trust you'll agree.
Mendicant
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Mendicant »

Coopers Premium Lager 6.5/10

I used to drink this a lot and I think either my taste buds have changed or they changed the brewing process as it's not as nice as it used to be - give me Coopers Pale Ale any day

Floris apple 8/10

finally found the apple version of Floris in a shop the other day although it was nearly as expensive as in the Belgian Beer Cafe - glad to see it's only 5 mins drive from my house though - not really very beery but it's niiiiiice
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Stone Ruination IPA - 8
Solid.

Arrogant Bastard on tap - 7.5?
I was pretty drunk by then. It looks nice anyway.

New Glarus Altbeer - 8.75
I'm not familiar with the style, but I dug it. It tastes a little alcoholic, but I saw somebody mention on beeradvocate that it's 9%, so it's pretty fine. Here's the breweries pretty accurate description:
Saluting our continued survival on this planet we decided to go all out with New Glarus Alt. This is a bold and racy toffee laced departure from the typical Dusseldorf style. Enjoy now or if you are the investment type lay it down. At twenty degrees Plato this might be more accurately termed a Triple Alt. The brilliant bronze body was cultivated in a three hour kettle boilof Caramel malts and Raw Turbinado Sugar. Aged on oak in open top fermenters followed by a second round of bottle conditioning. A firm head of foam sweeps brisk hop notes of Syrian Golding and German Hallertau to your nose. A defiant anomaly tenacious and independent this is a flavor experience to relish.

This one is seasonal, so I might pick up a few more sixes.

New Glarus Apple Ale - 10
Holy shit. NG is well known in these parts for the Belgian Red (cherry ale) and Raspberry Tart (guess). I guess they used to make an apple version all the time, but it was more expensive, so now they do it every few years, tailoring the batch to the taste of the apples.

From their website:

Apple Ale sings with the fresh crisp taste of Wisconsin Apples. Our Brewmaster begins with a brown ale base employing Wisconsin farmed wheat and a blend of Cortland, Macintosh and Jonathan apples. Our apple growing friends squeeze them especially for this brew.
Expect this Ale to pour a beautiful copper color. The fresh bouquet of Apple will rise to meet you even before the glass touches your lips. So be sure to sip slowly and enjoy the fruits of a Wisconsin Harvest.

You can only get New Glarus in Wisconsin. You folks in neighboring states should pick up several varieties next time you pass through.
fvkk
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

fvkk
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

He'Brew Jewbelation 12....8.5/10. Tastes like a Dubbel with a high abv (12%, duh) Stone fruit flavors, hides the alcohol well, but with a sugary aftertaste (like baltika porter...has a similar smell too).
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Tsjeeses - from the Struise brewery - which is rightly regarded at the best brewery in the world. I've never had a single beer od theirs that isn't 100% phenomenal.

Between DeProef and the Struise brothers - Belgium continues to destroy the rest of the brewing world.

http://struise.noordhoek.com/eng/
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

Pyrite Medal of Ignorance wrote:
MANTIS wrote:
Mallarded Ur Face wrote:
MANTIS wrote:any of you scumsuckers tried one of these lately?

Holy fuck.
i tend to avoid anything IPA, though my buddy says the 90 and 120 minute are not as bitter as the 60 minute....kind of like the double bastard is not as bitter as arrogant bastard, I guess.

high IBUs is analogous to high scovilles; people only consume it because they think it makes them TUFF GAIS.
Yeah, it's weird. The 120 minute IPA is so bitter that it comes back around to being sweet. Almost floral. Plus, it's 20% alcohol :shock:
Shit is definitely rippin' brutal, had a couple over the last few weeks. The first time I tried it, I was confused as to how I copped a buzz off a single beer...then I looked that shit up online...it's actually 21%, no? In any case -- :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I had my first one last night, and all I can say is.

I WANT TO DRINK THIS FOREVER!

I can't remember when I had so much pleasure of the first sip of a beer.

Wish I bought more than one, asked for a case for X-mas in a drunken stupor last night!
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

Post by bloodybloodlicker »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote:right now:

this was preceded by the Alaskan Baltic Porter which was pretty awful...aside from a strong alcohol flavor kind of similar to shochu...
Wow-- I really love that beer! It reminds me of some crazy barleywine-ish sort of wood-aged porter shenanigan. I am a fan.
*burp*
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

Mr. Budd wrote:Tsjeeses - from the Struise brewery - which is rightly regarded at the best brewery in the world. I've never had a single beer od theirs that isn't 100% phenomenal.

Between DeProef and the Struise brothers - Belgium continues to destroy the rest of the brewing world.

Awesome! I'm not sure I've ever had any of their (Struise) beers. Now I will look for it. :tup:
*burp*
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

bloodybloodlicker wrote:
Mr. Budd wrote:Tsjeeses - from the Struise brewery - which is rightly regarded at the best brewery in the world. I've never had a single beer od theirs that isn't 100% phenomenal.

Awesome! I'm not sure I've ever had any of their (Struise) beers. Now I will look for it. :tup:
Their Pannepot quad is just as good as ANY trappist quad and their Stuiselesensis is a wild yeast sour with a pale ale finish?? Made in Woest Vleteren...no suprise.

DeProef's "To: From:" is up next....saving that for 12-25.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Gimme an iced down Bud on a hot summer afternoon 10/10
Haha,
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Brooklyn Lager - 7/10
It's fucking cold in my basement, so I didn't even bother sticking it in the fridge. Beer was ice cold (yes!) and had a nice taste. The only downside is I drank too much of it and got a hangover thanks to the bullshit preservatives they put in the beer. -2 for that.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

Sam Smith Nut Brown Ale - 8
The Torsion wrote:Reading this thread always reminds me how little I have in common with most of you.
hipster holocaust wrote:It's still pretty baffling how popular The Downward Spiral got when keeping in mind how shitty and unlistenable it is
NANOplague
I'm not very smart.

Post by NANOplague »

Arrogant bastard - 6
Usually don't dig this stuff that much, but I was liking the fizzy bite last night.
"Infidel defilers... they shall all drown in lakes of blood." ~ Thulsa Doom
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Innstadt German Winter.

Real good......like uh Ettaler Dunkle. Winter German just means browner, darker....still Renheitsgebot I think - no spice.

The Delerium Noel is WOWZERAMA this year. Anyone try the 08 Stille Nacht yet? Can't find that so far...or Gouden Carlos and their Winter beer always slays nuts.
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

Our little belgian place down the street has Gouden Carolus Noel on tap. Godly, as usual. We had this year's St Feuillien Culee de Noel as well... absolutely delicious. This was our first time having that one... always a fan of their bruin though.

Our Christmas Eve and Day beers will be Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock, Port Brewing Santa's Little Helper (Imp Stout), Gulden Draak Vintage Ale 08, Ne Goeien Saison from Port Brewing/Lost Abbey, Pike Brewing Entire Wood-Aged Imperial Stout, Norwegian Wood from Haand Bryggeriet (norway), Jewbelation from He'Brew ... so, yeah, we could use a couple more Belgians, but other than that, we are set. :)
*burp*
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Mikkeller + De Proef's "To: From:"

Holy crap.....perfect winter beer. Black as night, 8%, coffee, chocolate, clove, pine, ginger. Real close to the Gouden Carlos type style - but PERFECT yeast and finish. De Proef is a living legend in my book.

Mikkeller's IT's ALIVE is up next.

Got some Mirabelle's too.....

had the St. Bernadus Winter last night - sweet dark coconutty like their 12 abt - but just a touch of spice.

TO FROM is on my top 10 list....not as intense as their Santa's Little Helper but more balanced and simply - better.
Mendicant
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Mendicant »

Knappstein Reserve Lager 9/10 - DAMN nice beer my housemate gave me - very smooth - now I need more!!
12 Months of Mao
opinionated sumbitch

Post by 12 Months of Mao »

Ugly Pug - 8
A Ft. Worth brewed dark beer. Smooth and tasty without being too coffee-ish.

Stone Smoked Porter - 8
I guess Arrogant Bastard gets attention just for the name, because just about everything else that Stone brews is better. Another dark beer, as it is the season. Great after dinner with a small glass of whiskey.
"I am a high-IQ mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy which characterizes my species!" - Drinky Crow
maniacaldon
Methods for Attaining Extreme Altitudes

Post by maniacaldon »

ARCADIA (battlecreek, mi) - SKY HIGH RYE

a very nice 4.99. usually when i try rye beers it seems like im biting into raw grain straight from some field. enough maltiness to make it very drinkable.

just ran out and going back now to GOOSE ISLAND (chicago) - MILD WINTER. i could drink these all winter. also with rye in it but this one, only a hint. just needs to pack more power. a good "i just got out of work" beer, or, "i want to drink good beer but dont want to spend primo belgian amounts" beer
mydick justgotamilliontimes BIGGER
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Went down easy, didn't give me a hangover, but had a bit of a weird aftertaste. It was super cheap so I'll likely buy it again. - 6.5/10
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Next weekend, I'm going to spend like $30 on individual bottles...
fvkk
anfo666
dj/magician/biker

Post by anfo666 »

although I had it on tap, unlike this google image search pic.

7.5/10

I love me a saison
el-Falso
know it all douche
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Picked up "Taste Of Belgium" tasters pack from the liquor store yesterday, which contains;

Tasty blonde beer, has a slight bubble gum flavor to it, bit of an aftertaste but very good.
8/10

Unfiltered cloudy ale. Has a bit of a fruity scent to it, great taste. I'm disappointed the case only came with 3 of these. One of my new favorite ales, definitely will pick up a case of this next time I'm picking up beer.
9/10

I'd heard this was a pretty average beer, but I actually didn't mind it at all. It doesn't have an overwhelming taste, it's actually kind of subtle with no bitterness, which makes it an easy beer to sling back.
7.5/10