Pisscubes/Molester's Official MLB Thread NOW WITH '11!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wulfgar
I'm an international terrorist wanted on three continents

Re: Pisscubes/Molester Stallone's Official 2009 MLB Thread

Post by Wulfgar »

Pisscubes wrote:
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I don't know how to feel about the whole Manny thing. What he did for the team last year after the trade was incredible. He makes the entire roster better. I don't want to say he is worth the 2/45...but he may very well be.
In a normal market, Manny is worth a bunch. He's a first ballot hall of famer and an amazing talent even as he ages.

But this is not a normal market.

The Dodgers have made a very nice offer considering the fact that Manny isn't A) a pitcher or B) A complete player like Texiera.

And no one else seems interested.

Boras always hints about other teams in the running and gets people to bid against themselves. I think the Dodgers should stand pat and see what happens.
What does Teixeira do that Manny DOESN'T do, exactly? other than have a proper haircut....
WhatAGreatPenis (8:24:59 PM): Thomas Paine could have used auto tune

lolafaun (11:35:35 PM): love is never having to wipe your dick off

thewagesofben (12:51:19 PM): The Master Race will be founded by BEN!
thewagesofben (12:53:10 PM): waiting on water to boil is the most tedious thing ever
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Wulfgar wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I don't know how to feel about the whole Manny thing. What he did for the team last year after the trade was incredible. He makes the entire roster better. I don't want to say he is worth the 2/45...but he may very well be.
In a normal market, Manny is worth a bunch. He's a first ballot hall of famer and an amazing talent even as he ages.

The Dodgers have made a very nice offer considering the fact that Manny isn't A) a pitcher or B) A complete player like Texiera.

Boras always hints about other teams in the running and gets people to bid against themselves. I think the Dodgers should stand pat and see what happens.
What does Teixeira do that Manny DOESN'T do, exactly? other than have a proper haircut....
HE is a GOLD GLOVE FIRST BASEMAN
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

The Schwartz wrote:
Wulfgar wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:

Yeah man, teams are valuing defense a lot lately. I think it's more likely to take a chunk out of Manny's value than it used to. Same with players like Dunn, Abreu, etc.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO wrote:
The Schwartz wrote:
Wulfgar wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:

Yeah man, teams are valuing defense a lot lately. I think it's more likely to take a chunk out of Manny's value than it used to. Same with players like Dunn, Abreu, etc.
especially since Manny is so careless in the outfield that he can cost runs and games

but the main thing with him is his attitude and how he fucked over the Sox, GMs in baseball do not take kindly to that and are rarely ever forgiving. Plus Boras can't be helping things at all either. He promised Manny a 100 million 4 year contract if he left Boston which started all the shit to begin with. And it's clear that Manny either doesn't care or is dumb enough to think that's still a possibility instead of just signing a contract and getting in camp before it's too late
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Molester Stallone wrote:I think it's apparent that Manny just doesn't want to go through spring training.
that's the thing though Manny has always been one of the hardest working people in baseball to get himself in shape and get ready for the season.

It has to make you think that it's Boras who is killing his career right now
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

or speak like Ricky
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Wow, A's signed Orlando Cabrera yesterday and then Nomar Garciaparra today. Neither is a big surprise, but I didn't think they would do both. Peace out Bobby Crosby... $5MM down the drain.

This is a pretty odd team they're putting on the field this year. Not only is it completely different from last year's squad, almost everyone is going to be gone after this year. It kind of makes me wonder what happened to "rebuilding," especially since next year is when the pitching is expected to come together. I sort of wonder if this has anything to do with the owner Wolff wanting to head off any talks about contraction before they start, since his plan to move to Fremont just officially went down the shitter. Like, he's trying to prove that he's willing to spend money, get asses in seats, and make a run at the West so he doesn't look like a revenue-sharing sinkhole without any plans to improve the stadium situation.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Manny to Dodgers official.
Payment is deferred over five years without interest, with an opt-out clause after one season paid at $10MM each for the first four years and $5MM for the fifth.
Isn't this the exact deal he turned down two days ago?
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Okay by me. The guy fits in perfectly over here and makes the entire team better.

P.S. EAT IT SAN FRAN
No Cunting Elves
Seasons
Kill Whitey

Post by Seasons »

Pisscubes wrote:SHOCKING! JD Drew is hurt! Nagging back pain sends him to Boston almost as soon as Spring Training started!!!

Probably the dumbest move The Epistein ever made. Or... tied with Lugo.

Tied, I'd say.

Then again, compared to some of the stellar moves my Pirates have done in the last decade and a half, he looks like a friggin' genius.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

One of the admins here is actually named after a baseball player.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Pisscubes wrote:Trot Nixon
I absolutely miss having this guy on the Sox, more so than any player in recent years that has departed. Productive, not a personnel problem waiting to happen, and absolutely a hard worker.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Pisscubes wrote:He's the exact kind of player that Bostonians always love for sure.
Yep, white.

But yeah, I will forever root for Trot Nixon as a player, if just because he exemplified what I like in a ballplayer. Granted, I would like him even more if he exemplified the antiquated notion of step down in salary to stick with your team, but let's be real here.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Does anyone give a shit about the WBC? I imagine it's probably a bigger deal for countries that are not the US, but I still feel like it's more of a nuisance than anything. I feel like the extended spring training is just getting me all excited when there's still a whole month of bullshit left.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Wow, rough year for him. Almost makes me feel bad about hating him.

So, A-Rod wears makeup, right? I mean, his face can't just naturally look like that.
Dr.Fondles
DO THE DEW!

Post by Dr.Fondles »

i really like the astros chances this year...to infuriate me.
Mordor was the case that they gave me..
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Yeah, it's cuz he wears makeup.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Everytime Joe Torre writes an expose about a poster here, we can post the sad A-Rod.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Dr.Fondles wrote:i really like the astros chances this year...to infuriate me.
There are few people in the league that I hate more than Hunter Pence

those few people are the Cardinals
Dr.Fondles
DO THE DEW!

Post by Dr.Fondles »

what's wrong with Hunter Pence? Sure he look's like one of Jerry's kids running the bases, but the kid plays hard.

I would hate the cubs but why waste the energy. Pinella will have a historic meltdown after historic meltdown this year and that will be most fun to watch
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Dr.Fondles wrote:what's wrong with Hunter Pence? Sure he look's like one of Jerry's kids running the bases, but the kid plays hard.

I would hate the cubs but why waste the energy. Pinella will have a historic meltdown after historic meltdown this year and that will be most fun to watch

the kid also falls through glass doors

AND HEY FUCK YOU
Dr.Fondles
DO THE DEW!

Post by Dr.Fondles »

I miss this man
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

everybody loves a picture poster guy but I demand more posts here from the Fondles during the season
Dr.Fondles
DO THE DEW!

Post by Dr.Fondles »

if you want to bear witness to my pain as my I watch my team go through spasms of utter brilliance and befuddled incompetence until they put it all together for the last month of the season to miss the playoffs by a game...again.

Sure. i'll be here.

But it could be worse. i could be a mets fan
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

at least you'll probably finish above the Cardinals
:cheers: