bike thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Re: bike thread

Post by krudmonk »

Phritz, do you bike to work? Do many Austrians?
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

i do. i bike pretty much anywhere. but i hesitate to say anything about austria in general. the town i live in right now is rather small, so it's easy and faster than public transpostation/ car.
rīdoonrīmenbā
VueeeuVueeeeuV
DO NOT WANT.

Post by VueeeuVueeeeuV »

This is from a few months ago, the rack and griptape have been changed and the ghetto top tube protector has been replaced with a marginally less ghetto one made of canvas, innertubes and tape. The best thing, however, are little crappy toe clips that where the best thing I ever got for any bike. I'm too lazy to take a new picture.
Last edited by VueeeuVueeeeuV on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exterminate. EXTERMINATE!
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Phritz wrote:
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO wrote:Phritz, I'm no bike guru but I think aside from a chain tensioner you might want to just take out a couple of chain links.
that's the best i could do with that chain. it's a cheap one and it can only be be shortened in one-inch-steps. if i removed another inch, it wouldn't fit on the pinions anymore.
as i said, i (stupidly) bought the wrong frame for fixie/singlespeed bikes. but i really enjoy fooling around with bike, maybe one day i'll just get a used back wheel and put gears on it.
A new chain is a lot cheaper than a tensioner, and you can't use a tensioner on a fixed gear. What gear ratio do you have? I mean, if you really can't adjust the chain maybe you can can go from like 42/14 to 45/15 or something. What the dropouts look like?

EDIT: NEVERMIND. THAT ISN'T THE RIGHT FRAME, YEAH. Check here for more info:
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/singlespeed.html#vertical
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
HASHTHRASH
I hate your life.

Post by HASHTHRASH »

I'm starting to get faster on my bike I noticed. I now pass nearly every motherfucker I see on a bike, and hate on them for riding so god damn slow. I can't ride leisurely I guess.
Zerohero wrote: i remember when Cave paPpY sent me some wooden MP1's

http://www.killthatcat.com
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

If you had paid attention to the thread you would know that Phritz is rocking a single speed.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

HASHTHRASH wrote:I'm starting to get faster on my bike I noticed. I now pass nearly every motherfucker I see on a bike, and hate on them for riding so god damn slow. I can't ride leisurely I guess.
I'm the same way, but then I realized that I almost never ride more than four miles. Any farther and I start to feel it.

I'm also in terrible shape.
Double Anal
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Double Anal »

just passed up some hoochies riding real slow last night and they were like "slow down asshole." i wish there was an easy way to flash my shlong while riding my bike.
neckbeard wrote:It depends on poop and sweat
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

Geeheeb wrote: A new chain is a lot cheaper than a tensioner, and you can't use a tensioner on a fixed gear. What gear ratio do you have? I mean, if you really can't adjust the chain maybe you can can go from like 42/14 to 45/15 or something. What the dropouts look like?

EDIT: NEVERMIND. THAT ISN'T THE RIGHT FRAME, YEAH. Check here for more info:
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/singlespeed.html#vertical
i know... now! the tensioner i ordered wasn't expensive either, about $20. i have a flop flop hub on the backwheel, so i can switch between fixed gear and singlespeed. i'll just ride around ss for a while.
and later i'll play around with different pionion sizes and a halflink chain. or i'll come across a cheap old frame.

the ratio right now is 44/15. will try a 16 teeth one next.
rīdoonrīmenbā
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Phritz wrote:pfff, if you're too drunk to remember to lock it up, it's mine!
It really wasn't locked up when it was stolen... the damn key had broken off in the lock a couple of days before, so I said fuck it nobody's gonna steal my bike in the next couple of days. Turns out I was wrong.

Anyway thanks for stealing my bike you asshole
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Just sunk mad bucks into my Cannondale h500 - new kevlar tires to prevent flats. These babies are weird - I now ride on 100psi pressure and am TOTALLY FLYING even with the baby trailer.

http://www.ubcbike.com/store/product/14 ... ---Black)/
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Mr. Budd wrote:Just sunk mad bucks into my Cannondale h500 - new kevlar tires to prevent flats. These babies are weird - I now ride on 100psi pressure and am TOTALLY FLYING even with the baby trailer.

http://www.ubcbike.com/store/product/14 ... ---Black)/

I use hardshell (?) tires too since I ride through lots of broken glass and broken dreams on my commute. Haven't had a flat since the changeover.

Not sure they are kevlar or not.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

woohoo. i will ride my (now functional) fixie for the first time ever in a hour or so. in the middle of the night, because i don't have any real brakes yet and i'm scared of crashing into someone and/or the police.

bike building was a huge pita the last days. always stupid little things that won't work/ fit. and often i can't buy the parts in town and have to mailorder them from germany, which usually takes two weeks or so.
nevertheless i bough a halflink chain today and now i can drive fixed gear. if you don't see me posting here later, i'm in the hospital. avenge my death!
rīdoonrīmenbā
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

:awesome:
i survived. it works and it is totally fun to ride. and not that complicated (at slow speed). going downhill even the slightest bit is definitely scary. i had to jump off once.
but dammit! within 30sek after leaving my house, someone said "hey, nice fixie!". i guess i'm a hipster now.

the chain tension is pretty perfect right now. not too much tension, but the chain won't come off, unless i loosen the rear wheel. while braking, i could clearly feel that something went loose. at first i suspected the crank, but luckily it was neither crank nor bottom bracket. only the lockring was loose when i arrived back home. i screwed it back on and i hope that's it for problems.
rīdoonrīmenbā
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

sweet dude!
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Awesome. I just had a few shards of black metal pulled out of my tire that I couldn't find. BACK IN BUSINESS
fvkk
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

nice. but what's the advantage of a belt compared to a chain? is it just a weight thing?

those look pretty neat too:

rīdoonrīmenbā
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

Phritz wrote: nice. but what's the advantage of a belt compared to a chain? is it just a weight thing?
maintenance and cleanliness
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

krudmonk wrote:
Phritz wrote: nice. but what's the advantage of a belt compared to a chain? is it just a weight thing?
that's it? i'm staying oldschool.
rīdoonrīmenbā
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

Phritz wrote:
krudmonk wrote:
that's it? i'm staying oldschool.
you would
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

my ESL-ass is still processing whether this was an insult or not. if i ever find out it was one, consequences will never be the same.
rīdoonrīmenbā
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

you better not try any scheiß
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

I'll show you where Bartel picks up the cider!!
rīdoonrīmenbā
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

how the fuck can you not find this sexy
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!