The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
copstache
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by copstache »

Hit them with electric or acid rounds.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

Molester Stallone wrote:Rocket launchers are so worthless in Borderlands....
True, until you get to the "better" ones that shoot 3 rockets per shot that do 500+ damage per rocket
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

Teufel wrote:2nd GTA IV expansion is pretty fun. A couple of cool new guns, cars with nitro and they brought back parachuting!

:fonz:
I haven't gotten as far as you as I ended up starting my download around 11pm...but I loved it so far.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The golf cart thing was cracking me up. I can't believe the guy on the hood was still alive after all of that.
I totally got sucked into the TV offerings, which ate up my play time...the fake anime is hilarious.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

yo Jake... where can I find weapons in Demon's Souls that can be upgraded using the huge variety of non hardstone/sharpstone ore that I have in my inventory? I've beaten over half the levels and 2 Arch Demons and am STILL using either the Rapier+6 or Uchigatana+2 as my main weapons, just because I haven't found something better. I have a ton of Darkmoonstones, clearstones, etc. etc. but can't use any of them. is there a database online with all of the weapons and locations? I just keep pulling up crappy gamespot threads....
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

ungodlywarlock wrote:I haven't gotten as far as you as I ended up starting my download around 11pm...but I loved it so far.
I only played it for about an hour last night, saw most of the new features in reviews, looking forward to getting to them. There's only about 10 hours of new gameplay, but I'll probably stretch it out to 20-30 because I fucking suck at video games, haha...

I also downloaded Shadow Complex. It's ridiculously fun, old school side shooter.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

Spooky Apparition wrote:yo Jake... where can I find weapons in Demon's Souls that can be upgraded using the huge variety of non hardstone/sharpstone ore that I have in my inventory? I've beaten over half the levels and 2 Arch Demons and am STILL using either the Rapier+6 or Uchigatana+2 as my main weapons, just because I haven't found something better. I have a ton of Darkmoonstones, clearstones, etc. etc. but can't use any of them. is there a database online with all of the weapons and locations? I just keep pulling up crappy gamespot threads....
There are actually weapon "trees" for upgrades.

Yes, you do have your basic weapon upgrade with the Hard and Shapstones, but in order to go past those, you need to find the second blacksmith in the first part of Stonefang. Assuming you've done this, you can go to him to upgrade your weapons.

Start out with any old weapon and start upgrading. You'll notice that when you hit certain weapon levels (+3 and +6 are usually the levels), you'll have other upgrade options. For example, if you start upgrading a Long Sword, when you get to a +3 Long Sword, you might see options to convert it into a +1 Quality Long Sword or a +1 Crushing Long Sword. Maybe when you get to higher levels, like a +6 Long Sword, you may be able to start making other types.

Also, keep in mind that each "prefix" (Quality, Sharp, Crushing, etc.) will have different boosts.

Post yer character's stats and I may be able to guide you a bit better.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

JSYAK:

there will be a moratorium on any and all bame talk that isn't MW2 after it's release. no demon souls, borderlands, or uncharted, etc.

not acceptable:

"hey guys, did you get to world 4-5-6-3-2-1 in demon souls?!1!? that wood nymph wizard was HARD lemme tell you!"

acceptable:

"i stepped on uncharted and accidentally broke it because i was running so fast to put MW2 in the PS3! LOL oops!"

i hope i've made everything crystal clear. carry on

MGMT
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

this is from memory: I'm about soul level 70. magic is at about 35, strength/intelligence about 25 each, endurance and vitality in the low 20s, and everything else is in the mid to low teens. I've beaten the first two Stonefang levels and the Arch Demon but never found a merchant that offers different upgrades. i'm gonna search for him in a second.

I guess I just want to take the quickest path to getting all of the weapons related trophies, so any help with that would be nice :tup: I think my magic is strong enough to progress through the game, so I'm more concerned about the trophies than about making the gameplay easier.
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

Just saw the ghost in Halloween TF2 and screamed like a little girl. Well, my Medic did, who I chose since he's my best class and I could dominate to get that new hat. Got it in the second round. :awesome:
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

Spooky Apparition wrote:this is from memory: I'm about soul level 70. magic is at about 35, strength/intelligence about 25 each, endurance and vitality in the low 20s, and everything else is in the mid to low teens. I've beaten the first two Stonefang levels and the Arch Demon but never found a merchant that offers different upgrades. i'm gonna search for him in a second.

I guess I just want to take the quickest path to getting all of the weapons related trophies, so any help with that would be nice :tup: I think my magic is strong enough to progress through the game, so I'm more concerned about the trophies than about making the gameplay easier.
Well, if you're a magic guy, then you should make yourself a Crescent weapon, preferably out of an Uchigatana (samurai sword) using DarkMoon stones. A crescent uchigatana's attack power increases as your magic increases and it also gives you a MP regen effect.

If you're looking for the other blacksmith, he can be found once you start the second elevator/lift thing up. During the normal course of 2-1, you'll run into three Goblin miner guys with glowing hot swords standing on some stairs. After you kill them, there should be a cart and a bunch of other breakable things right past them. Destroy those and go through the tunnel. Once outside, head right and go down the wooden walkway. At the end of it, there should be a wheel/crank thing you can interact with. Do so, and you'll have the elevator working again. Ride the elevator to the bottom. You should find the second blacksmith there.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

guardianoftheblind wrote:JSYAK:

there will be a moratorium on any and all bame talk that isn't MW2 after it's release. no demon souls, borderlands, or uncharted, etc.

not acceptable:

"hey guys, did you get to world 4-5-6-3-2-1 in demon souls?!1!? that wood nymph wizard was HARD lemme tell you!"

acceptable:

"i stepped on uncharted and accidentally broke it because i was running so fast to put MW2 in the PS3! LOL oops!"

i hope i've made everything crystal clear. carry on

MGMT
Man if only someone had the foresight to create a mw2 thread..
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

just sayin'
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Songs of Love and Hate wrote:I tried to add you but it says your name isnt registered.
I'm a complete idiot. It's PropJoe666.

Spooky, you have to give the blacksmith in Stonefang the Red Hot Demon's Soul (think that's the name) to access his upgrades. You might have to hit talk a few times for him to accept it.

Gotb, I thought this thread was all love? :(
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

Spooky Apparition wrote:this is from memory: I'm about soul level 70. magic is at about 35, strength/intelligence about 25 each, endurance and vitality in the low 20s, and everything else is in the mid to low teens. I've beaten the first two Stonefang levels and the Arch Demon but never found a merchant that offers different upgrades. i'm gonna search for him in a second.

You can get the weapon trophies from just holding a weapon with the +5 from the different stones on it. If you can catch up to me I can let you hold a few of them. I've done, Dragon, Hardstone, Sharpstone, Greystone, Spiderstone. All the other ones I'm really close but I'm missing a few stones. Right now my soul level is 110.

If anyone else is grinding Demon's Souls and gets bored we should set up a Skype room and chat while we play.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

copstache wrote:Hit them with electric or acid rounds.
I've been dumping elemental weapons cause they're always quite a bit weaker than my pure damage ones; need to find an electric or corrosive sniper...
Molester Stallone wrote:Rocket launchers are so worthless in Borderlands....
seriously; I just got the "Leviathan" as a quest reward and I can sell it for over $20k, but decided to keep it based on looks and performance. It holds 7 rounds, has a decent scope & zoom level, and a great fire rate.
But then I shot it and it only has a range of like 100 feet! what the shit?
...wish I had my old one back.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Wang Mandu wrote:Spooky, you have to give the blacksmith in Stonefang the Red Hot Demon's Soul (think that's the name) to access his upgrades. You might have to hit talk a few times for him to accept it.
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!ALKsjlsj..... earlier in the game I accidentally used one of my demon's souls (thinking it was a storied soul) and I'm pretty sure it was that one :cry:
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Spooky Apparition wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:Spooky, you have to give the blacksmith in Stonefang the Red Hot Demon's Soul (think that's the name) to access his upgrades. You might have to hit talk a few times for him to accept it.
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!ALKsjlsj..... earlier in the game I accidentally used one of my demon's souls (thinking it was a storied soul) and I'm pretty sure it was that one :cry:

You are screwed!
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Go check the storage guy in the Nexus. If you use a demon soul, the game will ask you Yes or No before consuming it. You probably would have noticed that. :rhug:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

Dude, it takes a minimum of 4 New Game+'s just to Platinum the bame, so don't worry about it too much.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

actually I just went to him and it seems as though I can upgrade everything. I had enough darkmoonstones that I upgraded crescent rapier in one shot and just got the trophy :tup:

FOUR new games?! is that just for the world tendency trophies, or is there not enough ore in the game to get all of the weapons trophies on one playthrough?
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

Spooky Apparition wrote:FOUR new games?! is that just for the world tendency trophies, or is there not enough ore in the game to get all of the weapons trophies on one playthrough?
No, if you do it right, you can actually get WT to swing both ways and do both white and black "sidequests" in one New Game, but you need to be really careful about how you do this.

If you're good at killing crystal lizards and are willing to farm certain demons, then you can find enough ore on each playthrough to get each of those Upgrade Trophies.

But in order to Platinum, you'll need to play the game at least 4 times because the Dragon God Demon's Soul is used for 2 different magic spells, one miracle, and in one unique weapon.

You can actually save yourself a playthrough if you get a friendly person at a similar level to you to allow you to "hold" weapons long enough for you to get a trophy.
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

jakebonz wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:FOUR new games?! is that just for the world tendency trophies, or is there not enough ore in the game to get all of the weapons trophies on one playthrough?
No, if you do it right, you can actually get WT to swing both ways and do both white and black "sidequests" in one New Game, but you need to be really careful about how you do this.

If you're good at killing crystal lizards and are willing to farm certain demons, then you can find enough ore on each playthrough to get each of those Upgrade Trophies.

But in order to Platinum, you'll need to play the game at least 4 times because the Dragon God Demon's Soul is used for 2 different magic spells, one miracle, and in one unique weapon.

You can actually save yourself a playthrough if you get a friendly person at a similar level to you to allow you to "hold" weapons long enough for you to get a trophy.

Old Monks soul is used for 4 things also.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Songs of Love and Hate wrote:You can get the weapon trophies from just holding a weapon with the +5 from the different stones on it. If you can catch up to me I can let you hold a few of them. I've done, Dragon, Hardstone, Sharpstone, Greystone, Spiderstone. All the other ones I'm really close but I'm missing a few stones. Right now my soul level is 110.

If anyone else is grinding Demon's Souls and gets bored we should set up a Skype room and chat while we play.
I'm trying to increase my level faster but I'm only at 75 right now. otherwise, its good to know there are options if I'm missing a few down the line. I'm going for Mercurystone and Clearstone right now, so I should have those if you ever need them (and don't already have them by the time I catch up to you of course).

god I love this game... almost 55 hours in and still so much stuff to do. I'd definitely chat while grinding but I don't have any mics (except a 360 headset). considering buying a PS3 heatset though.
jakebonz
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by jakebonz »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
Songs of Love and Hate wrote:You can get the weapon trophies from just holding a weapon with the +5 from the different stones on it. If you can catch up to me I can let you hold a few of them. I've done, Dragon, Hardstone, Sharpstone, Greystone, Spiderstone. All the other ones I'm really close but I'm missing a few stones. Right now my soul level is 110.

I'm trying to increase my level faster but I'm only at 75 right now. otherwise, its good to know there are options if I'm missing a few down the line. I'm going for Mercurystone and Clearstone right now, so I should have those if you ever need them (and don't already have them by the time I catch up to you of course).

god I love this game... almost 55 hours in and still so much stuff to do. I'd definitely chat while grinding but I don't have any mics (except a 360 headset). considering buying a PS3 heatset though.
Well, considering there is no Chat in Demon's Souls (that is, until party chat comes to the PS3), the 360 method is the best way to go.
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

jakebonz wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:

Well, considering there is no Chat in Demon's Souls (that is, until party chat comes to the PS3), the 360 method is the best way to go.

I can do the 360 thing if you want. My gamertag is in my signature. I have to work tomorrow but I'll be playing all weekend besides that.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet