The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by Wang Mandu »

I'm pretty goddamn excited for this. The PS3 version had such trash performance I couldn't play for more than an hour.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Dragon's Dogma was one of my favorite games from the last generation... played it more than 150 hours and platinumed it. stick with it... it has one of the best endings/endgames I can remember.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Yeah man it seems like such an overlooked classic. I LOVED the combat and the pawn system from the first few hours I played.

What class did you use? I usually play gigantic sword wielding barbarians in rpgs but archery and magic look so cool in DD so I might try one of those. I saw some gif of a character self immolating and then throwing himself at a huge beast. :moreawesome:
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Order for $9? Ehh, still leaning towards PS Plus game only....

Witcher 3 is 25 bucks on PS4 so if you haven't bought it yet, get it. A great value.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/Bloodborne_P ... 8375725056

Be still my beating heart....
I don't believe this for a second, but if it does happen, my dick's probably going to explode.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Demons is still my favorite of all of them. I think I'm kinda done with new souls games but I'd buy a Demons remaster in a heartbeat.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Was gong to skip it but the original Witcher is under 2 bucks on Steam. Worse case I'll use a trainer if the m/kb thing doesn't pan out.

Meanwhile killing Viking zombie warriors with a light saber wielding Bobs Fett maybe the highlight of my gaming career.
Femto
Methods for Attaining Extreme Altitudes

Post by Femto »

Played Never Alone on Steam for a bit, fun light game.

Picked up the PS4 Unchartered bundle for $255, free shipping.
What you want....may not be what she wants.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:Demons is still my favorite of all of them.
I can't choose a favorite, especially because I love Bloodborne so much, but Demon's Souls will always have that certain magic the other games don't have.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Wang Mandu wrote:Yeah man it seems like such an overlooked classic. I LOVED the combat and the pawn system from the first few hours I played.

What class did you use? I usually play gigantic sword wielding barbarians in rpgs but archery and magic look so cool in DD so I might try one of those. I saw some gif of a character self immolating and then throwing himself at a huge beast. :moreawesome:
Archery is surprisingly great. In a lot of games I feel sorta out of the action and/or too slow when I'm using a bow, but in DD the controls are really tight and your draw/reload time is quick. I tried all the classes but settled on the magic archer specialization. also the sorcerer has some awesome looking abilities that are worth messing around with, although you do feel a little out of the action. could always just hire a sorcerer pawn and kick ass while they create tornadoes and shit. the pawn system is so cool... I never got tired of watching Danzig and Benjamin Franklin climbing all over enemies and getting flung around :lol: God I wish a proper sequel would come out.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:
copstache wrote:Demons is still my favorite of all of them.
I can't choose a favorite, especially because I love Bloodborne so much, but Demon's Souls will always have that certain magic the other games don't have.
At this point I could probably write a 2000-word essay on the struggle to choose between Demon's and the first Dark Souls as my favorite, but at the end of the day, Demon's Souls was first, and I'll never be as terrified again by a videogame. Or feel more strongly about characters that don't even have facial animations, much less cutscenes.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

It took me a good few builds to even get started on Demons Souls to a point I started progressing past the dragon bridge.

At this point after playing Bloodborne earlier this year, the Dark Souls games seem distant yet fond memories - but I've never been more satisfied beating any game ever than Demon Souls
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Finally it seems I have a stable yet heavily modded version of Skyrim up and running. There are times I just stop and admire what the Skyrim community has done, can be breath taking. Also, Force Choking the shit out of a Dragon is more amusing then it should be. Restarted Dawnguard so I can get modded Serana all up in on this piece. I sort of have no desire to play the main campaign, as I have done it. Maye just do two fan created stuff like Moonpath to Elsweyr and Falskaar. I also never got far in the official Dragonborne DLC, was just so burnt out on Skyrim at that point.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

The Bill wrote: I also never got far in the official Dragonborne DLC, was just so burnt out on Skyrim at that point.
its really good imo
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote:
The Bill wrote: I also never got far in the official Dragonborne DLC, was just so burnt out on Skyrim at that point.
its really good imo
Okay. I'll do Dawngaurd, Dragonborne, and then the two user created quests. Then we'll put Skyrim back away for a while.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

On the offchance that any of you enjoy top down/ arcade shooters, I feel obliged to inform you that the wonderful Mushihimesama has been released on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/377860
If you're into old school skill based twitch gaming you will fucking love it... plus it's 30% off if you buy it in the next 22 hours.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Jap shmups = best bames. I'll have to check that out.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Post a highscore if you do! Mine are usually abysmal so there's nothing to fear from me...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Ha! Points. my autistic son asked me about points/scores recently. I told him it was just some archaic remnant from a time when games never ended so you needed someway to judge your success. Still, I played some blossom flower iPad game of my daughter's and took great pride in decimating the other little girls' online scores. Suck on that, feminists.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

https://www.epicgames.com/shadowcomplex/

Shadow Complex is free on PC. Pretty good Metroid style game. Never finished it in the 360.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote:https://www.epicgames.com/shadowcomplex/

Shadow Complex is free on PC. Pretty good Metroid style game. Never finished it in the 360.
Loved that game. Now there really is no reason to keep my 360. Glorified DVD player.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Yes :mastoman: Pre-order all over my face now.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I really wish I could remember why I stopped playing & sold it back. I vividly remember liking the demo. I had a phase where I hated Dungeons & Dragons type waiz. I believe Skyrim burnt any liking out of me. Could be that was the same era. I know the Kingdom of Alamor (Kurt Schilling) & Fable 3 didn't stand a chance with me. Dark Souls got me out of that mind frame... but here I am playing Skyrim again.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

If you're anything like me, it was the frequent dips to 20fps and overall muddy look of the game that turned you away. This PC port is looking glorious.