The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

doomeddisciple wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:56 am I gotta admit I was skipping through quite a few on the back 9 toward the end.
I didn’t mind the boy in the first game, but that fool needed to shut up and drop dead in the sequel.

Who would have thought that Quake 2 would be the most engaging and entertaining game I’ve played in modern times. All the little changes make a huge difference and I’ll say it again and again and again, but the addition of the way point system is sliced bread.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

As someone who is not a fan of swimming out far from the shore, I forgot what nightmare fuel Wind Waker is despite the cell shade/cartoon art style. It’s less than perfect combat controls on the boat don’t help things.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Not safe for Twitter, either. “Page doesn’t exist”.

I’ll probably have the whiskey and play the Zelda today. I am at Quake 2’s end game though. I think I’ll finally play Dusk then. The game’s dick has been sucked so much by everyone that it better be good.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I don’t have stupid Twitter, so you’re going to have to post more of those Oblivion clips.

Beat Quake 2. I just can’t get over how a tweak here, more aggression there, and it’s like a much better game.

Got a good chunk of Turbo Overkill’s final chapter done, but this game is crack while on cocaine. Gotta take the breaks or I’ll have a heart attack.

I sometimes have a dream that Jar Jar era Lucas made an unthinkably horrific, atrocious, and insulting Indiana Jones film. Of course, it can’t be, because the only true Indy 4 is a video game called Fate of Atlantis. Lately, I have a bizarre nightmare that shit fuck Disney made an Indy film, as well. Of course, this is just a side effect of eating olives before bed. As this must be Indy 5:
Y

Indy in first person, huh? Interesting but maybe not what’s needed.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

reinstalling oblivion today

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Hahaha! That’s sadly the best laughed I’ve had this year so far.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I don’t usually pirate video games, but I found a website that offers downloads for games you can’t purchase anymore. So, I found three early Xbox 360 era games that I thought were very good, and just sort of got buried because they weren’t Call of Duty, Gears of War, or Rock Band. X-Men Wolverine Origins (Uncensored) and Wolfenstein (2009). Both made by Raven, who was tops in my book. Also, 007 Quantum of Solice, by Treyarch. Raven & Treyarch have since been captured by Activision and are forced to work in the COD mines, as they say.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Beat Quake 2, which was great but I need time before I hit the expansions.

Beat Zelda: Wind Waker, excellent although the Wind & Earth dungeons got annoying and third form Gannon puppet can fuck off.

Turbo Overkill. Last level. Game really needed an editor. Every thing is at least 1/4 too damn long. Second to last boss had no less that 15 bullet sponge forms. What was once great, is now boring, annoying and tedious.

Started Wolfenstein (2009 PC). Very underrated or is my opinion on a curve since newer AAA first person shooters suck.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I really liked Turbo Overkill, until the end, and pretty much hated the last 2 levels and their never ending boss fights. Game really needed to be trimmed down. Well, I beat it. So, that’s like 3 games in a weeks time. Not to shabby for this old man.

I’ve been playing Wolfenstein, but I need another game.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm in another "no time for bames" phase, so I'm just slowly chipping away at Armored Core 6 still. It's obviously really good, but I also feel like now that I'm about 2/3rds of the way in, I have basically 3-4 different loadouts that I use depending on what I'm up against (and it's not complicated stuff, just a close combat and a mid-range combat one for bosses and one more versatile one for traversing through levels, plus one with dual-wielding shotguns that I saved because I needed it once) and I just switch between those without really having to think much about it - and adapting your loadout to the boss/level is supposed to be what this game's really about.

Also, I should probably put this in the culture war thread, but it's kind of hilarous how everyone universally hates that new Suicide Squad game. The edgelords obviously haven't played it and are just pissed about the cutscene where Harley Quinn shoots Batman because they've seen it on Youtube, but they can't even complain about t3H LibRuHl m3Dya showing this woke game down our throats because even IGN hates it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:19 am
Also, I should probably put this in the culture war thread, but it's kind of hilarous how everyone universally hates that new Suicide Squad game. The edgelords obviously haven't played it and are just pissed about the cutscene where Harley Quinn shoots Batman because they've seen it on Youtube, but they can't even complain about t3H LibRuHl m3Dya showing this woke game down our throats because even IGN hates it.
Another awful games as a service failure. I hear there’s something like 500 of these abominations in development.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:38 am Another awful games as a service failure. I hear there’s something like 500 of these abominations in development.
At this point I have to assume this is like with mobile games where 1% of the user base throws enough money at them via microtransactions for it to be profitable overall because basically everyone hates this shit and nobody knows why it keeps getting made.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

I thought I played Wolfenstein back in 2009, but based on this post of mine from June 2013…
The Bill wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:13 am By magic and miracles I got to play for a few hours Sunday. My wife even made a special guest appearance and watched me play Wolfenstein. She just kind of peaked at it and casually asked me a few questions about France and WWI. Then out of no where, she suddenly yelled out that I needed to bomb a Nazi truck that appeared. Finally, she was just staring at the screen as I sniped Nazis in the face and throat, her spell not broken till I mentioned that there were pumpkins on the ground. Miss WWE and Dishonored are way too violent, & how can I watch/play such things, suddenly... yeah, you know damn well it's just because it was Nazis I was killing. Nazis, man, always the bride's maid and never the bride.
Oddly enough, today, a Sunday, I got up to the exact spot with the truck and pumpkins. I wonder why I mentioned that my wife thought Dishonored was too violent, I don’t have any memory of her being around that game, never mind she had enough viewing time of it, to deem it foul.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Batman Vengeance for the GameCube stinks! Boooo!

So does Dragon’s Lair 3D.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wolfenstein keeps crashing at the same spot. I could scour the internet for a fix, but fuck it. Deleted.

Both early James Bond GameCube games ( Nightfire was one) run like shit with terrible sound on the emulator. Deleted.

Started Robocop Rogue City…. and it’s the best, Jerry. The best!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I decided to finally beat Super Mario World 2: Yoshi Island. I love the art style and really like acid trip Yoshi but, game gets boring pretty fast. After the first level I’m pretty ‘blah’ on it. There’s no real reason to uncover secrets as it just leads to collectible junk that gives you a better grade at the level’s end. Really not feeling this game, mens.

Meanwhile, Robocop is giving out parking tickets, bitches. Make sure you pay the parking meter.

I added the mGBA emulator to the PC (Gameboy Advanced) just because. I haven’t really ran with anything but Metroid Zero seems damn fine.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I pre-purchased the remaster of Tomb Raider 1-2-3.

Audio completely doesn’t work, camera is PS1 era garbage, and modern controls are a joke.

Refunded!

That’s the last straw. I will never pre or day one purchase a game again.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

The Bill wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:29 am I decided to finally beat Super Mario World 2: Yoshi Island. I love the art style and really like acid trip Yoshi but, game gets boring pretty fast. After the first level I’m pretty ‘blah’ on it. There’s no real reason to uncover secrets as it just leads to collectible junk that gives you a better grade at the level’s end. Really not feeling this game, mens.

Meanwhile, Robocop is giving out parking tickets, bitches. Make sure you pay the parking meter.

I added the mGBA emulator to the PC (Gameboy Advanced) just because. I haven’t really ran with anything but Metroid Zero seems damn fine.
Zero Mission is one of the best metroid games for sure. There's a ton of gems for that system.
Megaman Zero 1-4 are fucking incredible, if you're okay with powering through a little bit of stupid anime story. Hard as fucking balls, real men only. Also always always giving props to Astro Boy: The Omega Factor - also hard as balls, but it will make you want to unlock all the little guys. Love that fuckin thing.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:52 pm
The Bill wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:29 am I decided to finally beat Super Mario World 2: Yoshi Island. I love the art style and really like acid trip Yoshi but, game gets boring pretty fast. After the first level I’m pretty ‘blah’ on it. There’s no real reason to uncover secrets as it just leads to collectible junk that gives you a better grade at the level’s end. Really not feeling this game, mens.

Zero Mission is one of the best metroid games for sure. There's a ton of gems for that system.
Megaman Zero 1-4 are fucking incredible, if you're okay with powering through a little bit of stupid anime story. Hard as fucking balls, real men only. Also always always giving props to Astro Boy: The Omega Factor - also hard as balls, but it will make you want to unlock all the little guys. Love that fuckin thing.
I’ll add the Megaman games…. since it’s free! I have Astro Boy, because a co-worker at an old job had it and rather liked it.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

never seen that game before

im making gifs of the different execution moves and sending them to my friends because im a great guy

I have 8 children.