The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:47 pm never seen that game before

im making gifs of the different execution moves and sending them to my friends because im a great guy
Get clips of the new Robocop game when he fucking explodes gang fuck faces with his gun. So, sooo good.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Listen, I really liked Elden Ring, but I need like three more years before I can deal with more Souls/Souls-like gameplay. It’s exhausting and I’m no spring chick.

I’m around 20 hours in on Robocop. Amazon Alexa claims it takes 12-15 hours to beat. Internet says I have 10 main missions left, not counting side missions. Yes, there is such a thing as too long. Especially when Robocop is slightly a one note game. Still, the gore, the feel of the shooting, the Fear style destruction, being the bullet sponge and not fighting bullet sponges, and the Robocop coat of paint make this the best modern first person shooter (be it AAA or boomer shooter) in years.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

My girl got me a PS5 for Xmas. We’d never really gamed together but I figured I’d play through the Demons Souls remake to see if it made it any better (It did a little but it’s still the worst of the Souls games). Anyways she enjoyed it and asked if there were any other games like it, and I replied with the Kubrick stare. Now we’re playing through Bloodborne and I’d forgotten how much I love this game. I took some time to learn about builds now that there’s a decade since I originally played it and holy fuck am I looking forward to getting a bit higher level.

Anyways, Bloodborne >>>>> Demons Souls forever
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
TheDOAD
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by TheDOAD »

I'm so pumped for Shadow of the Erdtree, but man, I have to say Cyberpunk 2077 on a good PC with phantom liberty and Update 2.0 just kind of ruined video games for me because it's so damn good.

But more importantly I'm excited Riley's lady is into gaming punishment. Bloodborne is next on my revisit list.
chris narcosis wrote: FUCK WELL LOOK WHOS FUCKIN TITTERING THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS BARON BUCKFAST AND HIS 5 HING OOT SLAGS WEE RIDE HOOR SCHEMIE SISTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to get wet?
http://www.losangelesswimmin.com
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

TheDOAD wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:15 pm I'm so pumped for Shadow of the Erdtree, but man, I have to say Cyberpunk 2077 on a good PC with phantom liberty and Update 2.0 just kind of ruined video games for me because it's so damn good.
I played this after it finally was “fixed” but a year before update 2.0. I doubt it’s that huge a difference that I should venture back this soon. Could be wrong. Probably best to wait till I get a new PC one day.

The boy has been playing Elden Ring on his under powered laptop, bless his heart.

I probably could beat Robo this week, but I’ve hit a mental wall and don’t feel like gaming too much since Friday.

I have taken bites out of Tomb Raider Legends last week as well. You people like this game? I’m not sure I do, but this Lara is vastly different than the newer Lara. Completely different characters, it’s weird. This Lara is a damn slut, though. I see why the youths would whack off to her.
TheDOAD

Post by TheDOAD »

The Bill wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:47 pm
TheDOAD wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:15 pm I'm so pumped for Shadow of the Erdtree, but man, I have to say Cyberpunk 2077 on a good PC with phantom liberty and Update 2.0 just kind of ruined video games for me because it's so damn good.
I played this after it finally was “fixed” but a year before update 2.0. I doubt it’s that huge a difference that I should venture back this soon. Could be wrong. Probably best to wait till I get a new PC one day.

The boy has been playing Elden Ring on his under powered laptop, bless his heart.

I probably could beat Robo this week, but I’ve hit a mental wall and don’t feel like gaming too much since Friday.

I have taken bites out of Tomb Raider Legends last week as well. You people like this game? I’m not sure I do, but this Lara is vastly different than the newer Lara. Completely different characters, it’s weird. This Lara is a damn slut, though. I see why the youths would whack off to her.
BILL

2.0 changed the entire way that armor, guns and upgrades worked out in a super streamlined way that I loved. It's still engaging but simple, basically no legendary loot, weapons, or clothes, you just level your body and implants and it's so nice. Phantom liberty is absolutely insane and sets the tone for how all action / RPG games should be moving forward.
chris narcosis wrote: FUCK WELL LOOK WHOS FUCKIN TITTERING THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS BARON BUCKFAST AND HIS 5 HING OOT SLAGS WEE RIDE HOOR SCHEMIE SISTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to get wet?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

TheDOAD wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:51 am
2.0 changed the entire way that armor, guns and upgrades worked out in a super streamlined way that I loved. It's still engaging but simple, basically no legendary loot, weapons, or clothes, you just level your body and implants and it's so nice. Phantom liberty is absolutely insane and sets the tone for how all action / RPG games should be moving forward.
Is there a way to transfer a pre-2.0 build from the main game that makes sense? Because that's what's made me hold off on PL so far - I did a whole new playthrough of the main game where I did a lot of side stuff to create a good build for when the expansion comes out, and now it seems like I'll have to do it again, and I just don't have time. It's not like the game's so long that it's an impossible ask, but... eh.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

I reinstalled Cyberpunk recently, but have yet to sit down with it.

I keep returning to Atari 50, and the Vctr Sctr game most often. I've had the collection since it was released, and somehow never get bored with it. Old atari games aren't all great... or even good... but they did an amazing job with this. Quick doc videos, concept and arcade art, Ninja Golf - it rules.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Ninja Golf is absolutely awesome, yet zero surprise you can't have fun w classic Atari.

Vctr-Sctr is pretty meh nostalgia bait compared to so much modern homebrew for the 7800, especially since batati basic became a thing. It's like kids who make "8-bit" games that would require an Amiga to run, because they assume visual aesthetics 100% define an era (and they can't even get that right)
TheDOAD

Post by TheDOAD »

spacehamster wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:51 am
TheDOAD wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:51 am
Is there a way to transfer a pre-2.0 build from the main game that makes sense? Because that's what's made me hold off on PL so far - I did a whole new playthrough of the main game where I did a lot of side stuff to create a good build for when the expansion comes out, and now it seems like I'll have to do it again, and I just don't have time. It's not like the game's so long that it's an impossible ask, but... eh.
So, It doesn't kill your build. but it completely nerfs some weapons and basically all armor and clothing bonuses are gone which is actually a good thing. It explains it pretty well but I stopped my original playthrough about half way through the game at like 40 hours (for no reason i loved it back then). That said it was a fairly seamless transition and the new levelling / get bad ass system is so streamlined and great. TLDR I think after getting settled in for a few hours you'll be fine and PL is worth it.

Want to get wet?
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

i just looked for atari homebrew on the internet archive and found an Arseterror album uploaded by Justin

what the fucking shit :lol:

Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

I didn't think saying that not every Atari game is good would be controversial... Maybe I haven't unlocked the secrets of Basic Math, 3D Tic Tac Toe and the Realsports games? I have to admit that I'm a real pleb for enjoying Vctr Sctr instead of getting into Atari homebrew, though. The enjoyment I experience is just a synthetic representation of actual fun. It's like jerking off with a Fleshlight when I could build my own sex robot with a 3D printer and silicone molds.

Speaking of being a basic bitch, I've relapsed with Marvel Snap after 6+ months of having escaped it's gravity. They've made a lot of improvements over that time and it doesn't feel like it suffers from "pay-to-win" issues as much. It can still make you want to throw your phone at the wall from time to time though. I don't think that's ever going away.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

(laughs in just buying issues out of dollar bins and off of eBay)

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Beat Robocop. Good stuff, but will probably never play it again.

In a move to swerve everyone and everything, including my dog, now playing Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. It’s very very fucking good.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Best Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. I got a good ending but not the best. It’s okay, have too many games to play and replay. Excellent metroidvania, one of the best I’ve played.

Now playing The Darkness, a 360 game running at 4K and 60 fps thanks to my Xbox One X (I think it’s called that, it’s not the newer generation Xbox, but the fancier last gen one). Horribly underrated gem of a game. Fucking Mike Patton is the voice of the demonic possession and he’s good at it. One of the best game soundtracks that no one ever thinks of. Only problem I have with it is I’m supposed to be an eye-talian hitman, but I look like Trent Reznor and an Indian (scalper not dot head) had a kid.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Jesus Christ. I was trying to play that Tomb Raider Legends and I was finally getting the hang of the controller (On PC, buttons aren’t displayed ever as controller buttons but rather by keyboard keys even if you are not using a keyboard) when the bastard crashed entering level 3. And it keeps happening so I’m fucked. I might just steal the GameCube iso and emulate it.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Bo Helldivers 2 love lads? Fuck it’s fun
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

doomeddisciple wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:50 pm Bo Helldivers 2 love lads? Fuck it’s fun
Isn’t that a games as live service game? Yeah, it can fuck off.

Let’s see.

I forgot that the WWI Hellscape levels in the Darkness were so confusing and pretty bad, actually. Stark contrast to the rest of the game.

Tomb Raider Legend grew on me despite some control issues and a pretty pedestrian adventure story. You can see a lot of shit in this game they dramatically improve for the later trilogy of Croft games. Odd thing, although a tad dark, the GameCube version (emulated) looks, and plays better than the PC version. And save states are a life shaver from frustration of redoing Lara parkour.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I found a grey R2 trigger on the floor of my bedroom today and i have no idea where it came from
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:08 pm I found a grey R2 trigger on the floor of my bedroom today and i have no idea where it came from
I think you got drunk and body slammed the controller after playing Battletoads/Double Dragon.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i got hotline miami for like 2.99 and i can already feel my controller starting to crumble under the stress

I have 8 children.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

The Bill wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:36 pm
doomeddisciple wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:50 pm Bo Helldivers 2 love lads? Fuck it’s fun

This is seriously fun shit - I hate those types of games normally - it’s a good time with randoms, it’s fuckin phenomenal with mates
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

doomeddisciple wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:49 am
The Bill wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:36 pm

This is seriously fun shit - I hate those types of games normally - it’s a good time with randoms, it’s fuckin phenomenal with mates
Yeah, well, I’m not a fan of Destiny and all that shit. Plus, I have only one million games, old, new, PC, emulated and on console I need to play first. So, hard pass.