The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by The Bill »

Thank you, Rockstar, for making my decision to never play any of your annoying sandbox games again a real easy decision.

Girl at my work told me she used to teacher David Hayter Pilates back in California. She said he used to do the Snake voice sometimes while working out, and rename Pilates exercises to be more Metal Gear-ish. For example, "the Swan" would become "Stalking Eagle".
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Post by From Blintzes to Crepes »

Ghost Dad wrote:Beating Dracula without the shield rod remains to this day a sign of a true bame hero.

Playing through bioshock 2 now. It the hot rip.
I picked up BioShock 2 right after Christmas last year and never even unwrapped it hahaha. I should start playing bames again.

edit: Did they bring back Tommy Vercetti from GTA Vice City?!?! OH SHIT.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

oh i forgot that i'm dealing with the wine and cheese video game crowd :wank:

i would love to go back to cali in GTA
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
frost
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

Post by frost »

bleh it looked pretty boring to me... people are going crazy over playing an older Vercetti, but I could care less...
DEAD THREAD, LOCKED
-Admin'd
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

whoa, shocking. a guy moving to a new city to start over before getting sucked down into the very criminal underbelly of society he wanted to leave behind :wank:
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

For me, I enjoyed the Vercetti character within Vice City. I absolutely LOVED the sprawling environment that was San Andreas. The soundtrack really makes or breaks that game though.
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
monsterod wrote:I'm gonna skin my dick to this when I'm sober enough to cum.
Gunther wrote:shut up redneck
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

i thought they did cali already :fp:

still as far as trailers go i thought it was pretty great except for the voiceover. the engine looks way improved.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

how do you bring back a character voiced by ray liotta without getting ray liotta? :fp:
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

No Ray Liotta = No Tommy Vercetti.
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

doad please don't fucking talk shit about ray liotta right now.
jakebonz@work
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by jakebonz@work »

The Bill wrote:Girl at my work told me she used to teacher David Hayter Pilates back in California. She said he used to do the Snake voice sometimes while working out, and rename Pilates exercises to be more Metal Gear-ish. For example, "the Swan" would become "Stalking Eagle".
:awesome:
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Does anyone here play Tiger Woods 12?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

From Blintzes to Crepes wrote:Does anyone here play Tiger Woods 12?
Jesus, the last time I played a golf game, it was probably World Tour Gold on the PC back in the mid-80's. That game was cool, though, since you could design your own courses, including dinosaurs and shit.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

guardianoftheblind wrote:oh i forgot that i'm dealing with the wine and cheese video game crowd :wank:

i would love to go back to cali in GTA
I'm always on board for a Rockstar game.

No one knows if it's Vercetti or if there are multiple playable characters or if it's an entirely new character. Rockstar is great at tossing red herrings out and supposedly there's going to be a trailer released every week or every other week until Christmas.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Did you play Uncharted 2? Yep, that's Uncharted 3.

That trailer says a lot by the way.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Pisscubes wrote:Did ANYONE get Uncharted 3? Wouldn' t mind hearing from a Reeelapser how it is...
yeah, i got it. only played the first chapter, but the game starts off SO much better than uncharted 2 (with the annoying stealth part). and it was interesting without relying on any giant set pieces, which seems like a common (and sorta weird?) criticism of these games. it starts off pretty subdued actually, in relatively small interior levels with a lot of interaction between four characters who shall remain nameless.

i also forgot how much more naturalistic the dialog is than basically every other game; people cutting each other off, talking over each other, half-finished sentences, they actually sound like they're responding to other people's tone of voice, etc. small details, but the best voice acting in gaming IMO.

shooting seems less "floaty" than uncharted 2. i can't really explain it though. more moves for melee combat, stealth kills, ridiculous amounts of contextual animation, more use of lighting effects so far (the first chapter takes place in a lot of dark areas).

haven't tried out the MP yet, but looking forward to trying out the ridiculous amount of co-op/competitive modes.

definitely glad i got it. i'm in the mood for an unabashedly cinematic and focused game, and the pacing in this one seems great so far.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Played about an hour of Uncharted 3. I like it thus far, but I do feel the game certainly takes control away from you more than 2. For instance, Drake will smash a beer bottle over some one's head just because it was near me and I tried to punch the dude. Reminds me of back stage brawls in the WWE games, to be honest. And the game really has a Last Crusade feel to it. Anyhow, this game raised the "polished" bar in games to a whole new level as far as I'm concerned.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Having a lot of fun with Uncharted 3. Haven't tried the co-op multiplayer yet but I hope it's as good as it was for the second game.
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

fallbacktostone wrote:i thought they did cali already :fp:

still as far as trailers go i thought it was pretty great except for the voiceover. the engine looks way improved.
Even though the area of San Andreas was done already, it was an early 90's San Andreas. Now it'll be modern, and well not cartoony so why not? They've established the area already, but now they get to totally revamp it. Has it been confirmed its Tommy V? It beats starting off in a roach motal if it is. I wonder how far they'll go with open world on this one. Are we talking LA Noire level when you can actually walk into most businesses, and a few homes, or the last GTA when you could only enter save locations and a few businesses (and the projects)? Either way if it comes out next year, fuck me running, Rockstar will have 2012 in the bag with GTA5 AND Max Payne 3!
PSN- BroMan43
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

Comrade Slinky wrote:Having a lot of fun with Uncharted 3. Haven't tried the co-op multiplayer yet but I hope it's as good as it was for the second game.
The CoOp is better than two! I had the most amount of fun in the beta on CoOp. You can make up your own emblem, and customize your guy for multiplayer. I just got an email from Sony for my free shit for UC3 because I was a beta tester. They gave me an Avatar, free extra in-game money, and two packs of icons for designing an emblem. Some people got more due to reaching a certain criteria such as maxing out your rank...aka the gamers who never sleep; you know the kind of people not even a week after a game is released they're at the highest rank possible in Battlefield.
I feel bad for those poor fools, I may be unemployed with no girlfriend but I don't spend that huge amount of my time in multiplayer like that.
PSN- BroMan43
jakebonz@work
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by jakebonz@work »

I'm just wandering about the single player of Uncharted 3.

Once again, it's so refreshing to play a game where the color palette of the scenery isn't based on military camouflage.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

jakebonz@work wrote:I'm just wandering about the single player of Uncharted 3.

Once again, it's so refreshing to play a game where the color palette of the scenery isn't based on military camouflage.
I was going to comment on this. Uncharted 3 and Shogo have been such breathes of fresh non-brown or grey air, man. I know these other games are going for moody, and, realistic, and war torn, and what have you. Come on, though, artist freedoms anyone?
jakebonz@work
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by jakebonz@work »

I think that's why people like the visuals in the Uncharted series...because they usually take place in lush forests and other colorful locations.

Hell, Gearbox recently joked during the announcement of Borderlands 2 that their developers had recently found a color other than brown.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

just past the burning tower in Uncharted 3 and all I have to say is HOLY FUCKING SHIT because this is PRETTY FUCKING AWESOME
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

The bit with the plane in the desert pretty much knocked my head off.